Search results

1. E

SA-9900 2SC1451 -> KSC3503 causes DC on volume potentiometer

Yes it's the AWG-031 I'm talking about, sorry for not mentioning that. It does pass audio and it does sound as it should. Waveform looked identical between the channels. I never trust the silkscreen when it comes to orientation of components so I always compare against the schematic or the...
  2. E

SA-9900 2SC1451 -> KSC3503 causes DC on volume potentiometer

I'm repairing a 9900 but I've stumbled upon a very interesting problem. When replacing Q11 and Q12 (2SC1451) with KSC3503 i get around 150-300mV of DC on pin 2 and 21. This causes some crackle and pops when changing the volume. C15 and C16 were replaced with new Nichicon UKL. I've also adjusted...
  3. E

Time to upgrade Tandberg Huldra 10!

I just drilled holes in the back panel wiring them in parallel with the original ones. I sold it years ago so I can't show you any pictures unfortunately. I have to say, I do miss it but since I don't listen to any radio stations anymore I'm looking for the TA-300 instead. Same as the Huldra...
  4. E

TOA P-300D - service manual

Does anyone have the service manual for this extremely heavy beast? I'm at the point were i need to adjust the bias and DC offset. No problem with the offset but bias will be a bit tricky without it. Looking at the electronics it's obvious that they spent quite a big chunk of the budget getting...
  5. E

Dynaco SCA-35 stop screw

Does anyone have the right dimensions for the stop screws used to fastened the knobs? I know the lengths but they are too big to be M3 and too small to be M4. I'm guessing that it is some UNC standard but i have no way of testing which one.
  6. E

YAMAHA NS-1000M drivers cleaning and rufurbishment

Didn't see your post until now Cosmin2000. Sorry for that. Attached is a picture of the dome.
  7. E

Pioneer SPEC-4

Alright, then it probably wasn't their fault. Not sure if I should replace the STV-3H or not. They seem to measure fine but I don't want to risk anything.
  8. E

Pioneer SPEC-4

I did two of the amplifiers and the customer was very happy. The third one that I bought was put aside for some other projects but this weekend I decided to finish the job. Did the right channel, tested it with a variac, DBT etc. and checked everything before and while testing it. Worked well...
  9. E

YAMAHA NS-1000M drivers cleaning and rufurbishment

I cleaned my midrange with water and soap. Worked well and it still looks healthy.
  10. E

Stax srd-5 help

The low voltage is the cause of the multimeters low resistance. I would check the transformers and the resistors on the primary side.
  11. E

Technics SE-A100 current drive amp

You mean 3 and 7? Already tried that. I've measured between every solder point and none of the traces are damaged.
  12. E

Q251/253 was replaced with 2SA1015 and 2SC1815. Orientation is correct. Voltages at Q207: -8.4 -66 -8 All voltages at the regulator circuit are okay. Pin 1 and 3 going to Q251/253 are around 7v. Pin 2 is also around 7v. If i disconnect pin 2 the voltages at pin 1 and 3 will measure...
  13. E

This Technics is busting my balls. I can't figure out what's causing the troubles. This is voltages on IC1 (faulty channel) Pin - voltage 1 - 7 2 - 7 3 - 7 4 - -8 5 - 0 6 - 0 7 - 7 8 - 8 If i disconnect pin 3 i still have 7v. If i disconnect pin 7 i have -7v.
  14. E

NS1000m tweeter problem

You could use spades but the connections on the tweeters are very soft. You will easily damage them in that way so soldering is still the best option. Just make it quick and you won't harm them. Otherwise you can replace the capacitors hoping it will fix the problem. I know that mine were...
  15. E

RL 6442 reed relay (CA-2010)

Exactly. It's actually very easy. However, there is a couple of things that you need to be extra cautious about. First of, the relay coil can not be damaged in any way. Keep knives and things away from the coil itself. One slip and it's ruined. Second thing is that reed switches are VERY...
  16. E

Time for a change - Studer B67

Anyone know anything about Saki heads? Not a whole lot of information on the Web.
  17. E

I did recap the tape transport board since i had all of the capacitors at home. I didn't touch the capstan boards since I don't have the values at hand but I will change them as soon as i can. Someone has already changed most of the electrolytic on that board so I'm not so worried that something...
  18. E

NS1000m tweeter problem

They are simply made for each other. Speakers give a natural sound while the CA gives just the right amount of color. Running it in class A will only enhance the experience. :music:
  19. E

Fixed it. The wires coming out from the inductor or what it's called was touching the grounding plate. Love an easy fix that takes a whole day to figure out.
  20. E

NS1000m tweeter problem

Swtich just the tweeters. If it follows, well then you have a bad tweeter.
  21. E

The right tension arm assembly is really messing with me. When I rewind the right motor won't turn causing the tape to slack. The solution is to have the right tension arm assembly hanging in free air not touching anything. As soon as i screw it in place the motor stops turning. I can manage to...
  22. E

RL 6442 reed relay (CA-2010)

I actually managed to remove the switches themselves. What i thought was hardened glue was just silicone. They length is 14mm so they can be found quite easily. I'm also going to replace the switches in the phono section just to be sure.
  23. E

I was actually thinking of buying an A700 but i decided to wait for something else. Looks quite weird to be honest. Not sure if I like it or not. Have you tried them against your B67?
  24. E

Have to say that it works very well. Record and playback works on both channels. The noise floor is however very high even when it's in idle so something's up with the playback circuits.
  25. E

Sound only working on one channel is now fixed. I don't know what I did but now both channels work. I'm currently recording some 80s music and it does sound good but it's certainly not as good as it should. Bet some new capacitors will do some good. I certainly need to build a preamplifier...
Back
Top Bottom