Search results

1. Unican_Eric

No motor vibration on this one

Saw this and had to share it. Hope it hasn't been posted yet as I have been away for a spell. Cheesy opening though. http://www.snotr.com/video/18265/MAG-LEV_Audio
  2. Unican_Eric

What Do You Do for Work?

Corrections Officer. Been doing it for 30 years. Retiring in 2019 and can't wait.
  3. Unican_Eric

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Just streaming soft Jazz on Songza (Summertime by Herbie Mann)
  4. Unican_Eric

Fear The Walking Dead

Yeah I am kinda on the fence with this one. I hope it picks up some steam soon. Interesting enough to keep you wanting to come back but slow enough that I want to fall asleep.
  5. Unican_Eric

Dont laugh (last weekends)Citizen score

Yup I would say the amp is Pioneer and my guess at the tuner is Sanyo made. Pretty sure of that.
  6. Unican_Eric

Oh no...another "death of the CD thread"!

In my city of 46,000 people Walmart is the only place that sells CDs now. All CD stores have closed up long ago. I buy most of my Cds now on Amazon or Second Spin and frequently check out all the thrift stores.
  7. Unican_Eric

Cerwin Vega 15T Can Somebody tell me the value?

Well no picture showed up and if your looking for a value this has to go into Dollars and Sense.
  8. Unican_Eric

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris - HPM-100 X4 :music:
  9. Unican_Eric

A nice little gift of SiriusXm

Was at my local Value Village today and came across this Sirius XM unit for $4.99. I have a few of these unit sitting in the closet and thought for that price why not add another one. Hooked it up and it powered on and whats this? An active signal and free Sirius XM. I have no active...
  10. Unican_Eric

Paradigm 9se vs pioneer hpm-100

I had a pair of the 9se as well as the 9se mk3. I find that these speakers sound very good when you put the power to them but they are not internally braced very well. They seem to vibrate quit a bit when the bass is pushed at higher volumes. I sold off both pairs and am now running 2 sets of...
  11. Unican_Eric

2 sets of speakers?

I find running both A and B with matched speakers sounds fuller than with just 2. Like Uhills says though, you will run your receiver or your amp into 4 ohms so lets hope its designed to go that low in impedance. Update. I saw that your running a Yamaha RX-V995 by your signature. This is from...
  12. Unican_Eric

Any other Moody Blues fanatics?

My very first album, 8 track and cassette was Days of Future Passed. Bought the next 8 albums and stopped after that. Days is still my favorite album of all time. :music:
  13. Unican_Eric

What have I got here?

They look to be Dynaco 25 Good set of speakers and have quite a following. :yes:
  14. Unican_Eric

Take 10 minutes. Tape or turntable? Cool!

This is really neat, not sure if it can be called a tape machine or turntable. http://www.snotr.com/video/15189/Vintage_Electronics_-_The_Tefifon
  15. Unican_Eric

What smaller vintage receiver for me?

I would go for the Sansui 1000x. I had one and the sound was incredible for its power. It has a warm tube like sound and thunderous bass. A keeper. I should have kept mine.
  16. Unican_Eric

Cats and speakers....

Daughter moved back home after a bad relationship. Cat came with her. Told her the cat has to go or get declawed. Getting him back tomorrow from the Vet sans claws.
  17. Unican_Eric

Not Minimus 7, Vanco Compac-50

I agree with this statement. If I find a pair of speakers with a shiny dust cap I walk.
  18. Unican_Eric

So damn mad and nobody knows anything!!

I have Natural gas in floor heating but I think I am the bringer of my own demise, I have this system in my house (see pic) and 2 weeks ago I found it to humid and turned the dial to less humid, turned it on and forgot about it. Stayed on for about 3 days. Its my own fault I think. Did the...
  19. Unican_Eric

My "Ugly Betty" Basic M1 Restoration

No faceplate from a parts unit but I used a black felt tip marker to take out the scratched areas in mine. You could get away with that until you find one especially if its going to be in a dimly lit room.
  20. Unican_Eric

Well after looking closer at the problem and reading all everyone has to say I am going to go with the humidity problem. I noticed the grill frame also looked off and after checking further the right side warped, no glass or wet rag can do that. Guess its going to be blamed on our great Canadian...
  21. Unican_Eric

Got up this morning and needed to make a call. Went to get the phone and right away this caught my eye. My beloved Polk RTA 11T with water damage! These speakers were in fantastic condition, not a mark and I always take care of them. I checked to see if the ceiling was leaking and its not...
  22. Unican_Eric

Found a pioneer pd-70 cd player!!!

Very nice... The last one I saw was for sale was in Toronto at $400 and he said FIRM!! Don't even try to talk him down. I'm still looking for mine. :sigh:
  23. Unican_Eric

Kenwood Basic preamp and amp - Branson area

Yes a touch over priced indeed. I paid $100 for my pair. Then had them restored. Was it not the C2 that had the balance problem? Never had an issue with the C1.
  24. Unican_Eric

Power Meters on Pioneer SX X80 series receivers

Can you post that pic again in English?:D
  25. Unican_Eric

Pioneer SX-1050 compared to SX-880 and SX-1080

I have had a 1050 and the lower model 780 but not the 1080. I will say this, I have found that the 1050 sounds much warmer than the 780 and is much better built. The cost cutting was starting in the 80 series. Except for the power meters which was a nice touch, I would stick with the 1050. Do...
Back
Top Bottom