Search results

1. MikeLD

Pics of your listening space

My eyes are drawn to ..... not the speakers.
  2. MikeLD

Some interesting pics of my gear...

Looks like a great place to relax
  3. MikeLD

Think I'm Done with Records...almost

Just the opposite ... I'm 56 and came back to vinyl a few years ago after almost 30 years without them. They're a compliment to my computer based system. Sometimes I like the ritual of the vinyl ... seems to make me more involved in the music.
  4. MikeLD

New additions

Looks great ...
  5. MikeLD

Man Cave System in Progress

This reminds me of words to live by .... "TV's are like bank accounts ... the bigger the better"
  6. MikeLD

Pictures of your computer set ups

Updated home office setup New Mac Pro (looks like a trash can to the left of the monitor) ... Sharp 32" 4K monitor ... Nuforce DDA100 Amp (a little dark in the pic but you can just make out the LED's under the external hard drive with the blue light) and Harbeth P3ESR speakers. Source is the...
  7. MikeLD

Do you remember the first album you bought?

Can't remember the first LP ... but the first 2 45's were "A Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash and "Momma told me not to come" by Three Dog Night
  8. MikeLD

Name the 5 most favorite bands (musicians) in your life

Junior Brown Dave Brubeck Bill Evans Eagles Rick Wakeman An odd mix I know ... but what can I say, I have varied interests
  9. MikeLD

Billfort's system

Great system ... congrats
  10. MikeLD

Let's See Your Modern Speakers

No idea ... my wife got it for me
  11. MikeLD

Let's See Your Modern Speakers

My Harbeth's My Harbeth M40.1's
  12. MikeLD

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Band = Boney M Album = Gold Speakers = Harbeth 40.1
  13. MikeLD

Dare I say, Pics of Listening Spaces continued Part 2.

Really nice system ... and great photography.
  14. MikeLD

Moved System To New Room

Looks really nice.
  15. MikeLD

Amp It's an NAD C375BEE integrated. The "rabbit ears" on top of it are a wireless audio engine wireless DAC being fed from my Mac desktop on the otherside of the room. Rega RP1 in the middle ... and a cheap sony blu-ray player on the left that plays SACD's. A NuForce Icon HDP is just to...
  16. MikeLD

New speakers in my setup Bought a new pair of Harbeth 40.1's a couple of weeks ago. They sound very nice. I couldn't be happier with them.
  17. MikeLD

Best NEW $1500 integrated amp? Your nominations.

I have a C375BEE ... had it for about a year. I agree with your comments ... highly recommended.
  18. MikeLD

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Listening to Alison Krauss .... using a Jolida FX10 amp and Harbeth P3ESR speakers. Seems like a perfect match. Awesome clarity in her delicate voice.
  19. MikeLD

Is there an optimal listening distance from your speakers?

Made me seriously laugh out loud. Supreme wit (because it's true).
  20. MikeLD

Is CD playback Dead?

I feel like I'm just repeating alot of what's already been said ... but here goes. Over the past year I've ramped up my music buying. Up until this week it was 80% CD's 20% LP's. I did download one album from HD tracks ... it's fine, sounds great and all ... but I hate not having physical...
  21. MikeLD

Can someone explain this speaker cable to me

I actually saw it on the DIY audio site about 3 months ago and built them. Almost exactly as the sight shows ... ordered all the stuff from parts express. I made them longer than the example and the only issue is it's a pain to twist all the wires. Other than that it went together pretty...
  22. MikeLD

Happy!

Looks like a great set up
  23. MikeLD

PC feed to entertainer...

You could watch them all .... if you did 2 a day (everyday for 23 years and 3 months)
  24. MikeLD

My Semi-Vintage system

I like the photography as well ... nicely cropped & good composition
  25. MikeLD

A new record store opens in Peoria IL.

Wow ... I live in Peoria and didn't know so many people in AK had Peoria connections. I've been going to Ribbon Records about once a month since just after they opened. I'm also a customer of Electronics Diversified which is right next door. Go Peoria!
Back
Top Bottom