Search results

1. fly4x4

Isolation Transformer - Anyone use one?

Does anyone have any experience using a Isolation Transformer to eliminate a ground loop? I have a very slight ground loop hum that is being caused by my AV receiver and I have tried everything else I know to get rid of it and this seems to be the next best option. I have a dedicated circuit...
  2. fly4x4

DIY build of 2 Bob Latino M-125 Mono Blocks

Day one of my new project of building two of Bob Latino's M-125 mono block tube amps. I will take pics and update along the way of my build, so stay tuned. I have everything sorted in order of completion and I have started prepping and painting of the Transformers today. So far I have one...
  3. fly4x4

Paradigm Prestige = WOW!

I was at my local audio store Monday evening picking up some cables and gear they are letting me demo. While there, they had just received their shipment of the new Paradigm Prestige speakers and unpacked the bookshelf speakers and fired them up. I could not believe how amazingly excellent...
  4. fly4x4

New Listening Room up and running

We moved into our new home on November 1st of 2014 and I was finally able to get my gear fired up this weekend. I had so much prep work to get the room ready that I thought I would never get to this point. I still have some diffusion panels on the way from GIK and some Auralex T-Fusers to use in...
  5. fly4x4

Just brought home a AR XA turntable tonight.

I was able to get what I think was a pretty good deal ( 100 bucks ) on a fully functional AR XA, that appears to be all original with 2 new belts. It needs some cleaning up and I will perform the recommended general maintenance on it. It has a AT cart on it not sure what model yet but I will be...
  6. fly4x4

My birthday present arrived today.

I am amazed at the improvement in the sound that a simple aluminum ring can make. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  7. fly4x4

Duckhunter is my Hero!!

Mike was able to snag a copy of the Cake box set on RSD knowing AK members were looking for it. I was floored when I got his PM and we very smoothly worked out the details and it arrived safe and sound today. I want to mention that this guy knows how to pack for anything. This box set was...
  8. fly4x4

4-2-7 Thumps Up

I ordered some LP's from Dan and they are everything that was described. Very well packaged, shipped fast and great communication. I look forward to dealing with him again. Thank you for a very smooth transaction Jeff
  9. fly4x4

Record Store Day - Sound Quality Reviews

Hello, I have only had the chance to listen to The Animals and Joy Division so far. The Animals is flat and in great shape. It plays very quite and sounds wonderful. Joy Divison I picked up for a friend and he said I could listen to it before he has a chance to pick it up. For not...
  10. fly4x4

My DIY acoustic panels

So it was a beautiful day today, which allowed me to finally build my acoustic panels. I am so happy with how well they turned out and they are beautiful ( The pics don't do them justice) I used Roxul safe and Sound wood frames muslin backing and Parts Express Premium grill cloth that is just...
  11. fly4x4

What record do you use to dial in VTA by ear?

Hello, I am looking for some feedback from folks on what may be the best LP's to use for the fine tuning of VTA by ear and what to listen for with each LP. I have been steadily tweaking my Lyra Delos and it is so very sensitive to proper adjustment and with each of the smallest adjustments...
  12. fly4x4

Lyra Delos Review ( after a couple weeks )

Hello, It has now been a couple weeks since I received my new Lyra Delos and mounted it on my VPI Classic 1 and decided it was time to post a review. I use a Jolida JD9 with NOS Telefunken smooth plate 12ax7 tubes into a McIntosh MX113 then into a McIntosh MC-2105 speakers are Definitive...
  13. fly4x4

fdejong very smooth dealings and quick to respond

I purchased a set of tubes and they were just as described and very well packaged. Very quick to respond to any questions and overall great transaction. Jeff
  14. fly4x4

A great deal with Jeanmarie

Hello, AK member jeanmarie responded to a WTB ad I listed for vinyl and what I ordered was very well packaged and exceeded my expectations as it was very conservatively described. A great seller! Jeff
  15. fly4x4

My New Lyra Delos Installed

Well after many days of agonizing over which Cartridge to go for I finally decided to purchase a Lyra Delos LOMC for my VPI Classic. It came in today and I worked all evening slowly and methodically mounting and aligning the cart. I have adjust the anti skate so far and have it fine tuned and...
  16. fly4x4

Cartridge recomendations

Hello, I need some helpful input from you kind folks. I have a budget of $1000 and have been trying to decide on a cart for my TT and want the most bang for the buck. I have been leaning most towards the Sound Smith Zephyr but keep second guessing myself when I read so many good reviews of...
  17. fly4x4

VPI Classic 1 question

Hello, Does anyone know the mass of the tonearm on the VPI classic? What compliance in carts do I need to be looking at? I assume that it is a medium mass arm and I should be fine with carts that have a compliance of 12 or less, am I close or way off base?
  18. fly4x4

Set up a Cartridge with a USB Microscope :)

I sold a dynavector cart and went back to a back up Grado Gold presitge 1 until I can decide on what I will try next. I ordered a USB Microscope from Amazon for $70.00 and all I can say is what a difference this thing makes to properly set up a cart. It took me so much less time to dial it in...
  19. fly4x4

Detroit to Pittsburg PA or Morgantown WV area or within a 3 hours drive.

Hello, I am wanting to purchase a set of speakers from a AK member in Detroit area. I am willing to meet up to a 3 hour drive from Morgantown WV or Charleston WV. I am in Pittsburg often as well and can meet in that area as well. The speakers are a bit big and could get dimensions if...
  20. fly4x4

jgannon is a top shelf member!

I purchased a TT cart from him and it was shipped right away and I had it in 2 days. Packaged perfectly and was just as described. He even took time to help me over the phone with some questions I had and all the whle wanted to make sure I was satisfied with the purchase. A great guy and great...
  21. fly4x4

Some Cartridge mounting help Please!

I am mounting a dynavector cart on a VPI classic 1. that just came in today from a fellow AK'er. This is the first time I have mounted a cart and have watched Michael Fremer's 21'st century vinyl DVD and have learned a great deal. I have the VPI supply protractor in place and have the cart at...
  22. fly4x4

DiPole Antenna Question

Hello, After much review of this forum I built my own DiPole antenna using 300 ohm antenna wire. I currently have it inside but want to mount it outside for best reception. It will be mounted just under the eves of the roof of my 2 story home and then run into my McIntosh MX-113. How great...
  23. fly4x4

Cartridge advise

I have a new VPI Classic and currently have a Grado Gold on it. I want a 2nd cart and want it to be a better cart. I have several gift cards for Amazon so can I get some recommendations from the carts that can be ordered through Amazon? I am currently considering the AT33EV, PTG or the OC9
  24. fly4x4

My New Turntable = WOW is all I can say

I was given the chance to return my VPI Traveler 1st generation due to ongoing problems I was having with it. I went ahead and kicked in some extra money and jumped up the ladder a bit. I went ahead and decided to pull the trigger on a VPI Classic 1 in walnut. What a great table and a joy to set...
  25. fly4x4

Lesson Learned

Lesson Learned But Audio Classics Saved my MC-2105 I inherited a realy nice McIntosh 2105 over a year ago and it had been sitting in storage un used for over 20 years. I was able to get it powered up on my own and discovered it had a dead right channel. I then decided to look around locally a...
Back
Top Bottom