Search results

1. H

My retro Sony ES network streamer project

Another little update - it is now remote-controlled :) I suddenly realised while configuring it that Sony's CD player commands are all the same, so when I listen to CDs the streamer will start doing things, so I had add some logic to the Python scripts that means it will only respond if the...
  2. H

Well I've spent the weekend doing some tinkering. I've added a rotary encoder and made it work to skip tracks, and it has a push button function which I have set to play/pause. The software side was easier than I expected - easier than getting it mounted! The shaft from the original encoder was...
  3. H

I used Dupont wire. I'll upload my version of the pydPiper display script later today. I'm sure you could use the buttons to do whatever you wish, as long as you knew how to write the required Python code to make it work :) I only have the one button at the moment which performs a shutdown...
  4. H

This is the display: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293187612590 Which modified script do you want?
  5. H

Yep, I wired the "check" button (nearest the power switch) to be the "shutdown" button so that if I want to power it off I can do so gracefully without having to log in to it. I have been thinking about wiring some more buttons to do various things but I need to decide whether they'd have...
  6. H

Ok that’s a beautiful collection, I’m super jealous. Especially of the E77 and N77 pre/power amps. Those are my holy grail items and they never come up at sensible prices so I think I’ll just have to enjoy looking at photos of them!
  7. H

Thank you! I’m glad it is appreciated by a fellow ES collector! Do you have any photos of your gear?
  8. H

Analog system complete?

Lovely setup. Luxman stuff is just gorgeous. And I like how even the tiny little components get their own shelf :)
  9. H

Thank you :) To be honest even here in the UK, it's not set in stone, but a few stations have moved to DAB only, and I believe 2030 is the year that has been agreed on for a more recognised 'shutdown' to occur. DAB has certainly been commonplace for ages, and even that is being phased out due...
  10. H

My pride and joy. Or simply "clutter", if you ask my girlfriend.

.. And the stack grows again. I added a Sony ES tuner which is no longer a tuner, instead becoming a network music streamer! Link to my project thread here: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/my-retro-sony-es-network-streamer-project.1055865/
  11. H

I'm a massive sucker for Sony ES gear and I've always fancied one of their radio tuners to add to my stack, but to me FM radio is somewhat useless nowadays and will be phased out in the not too distant future here in the UK. So I had the idea to turn one into a modern network music streamer...
  12. H

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

That is absolutely gorgeous and I want one. I wonder how it would compare to my Audiolab pre/Rotel power setup in driving my Kef Reference floorstanders.
  13. H

Kef NT25 tweeter ferrofluid replacement glue question

Hi everyone, Hope you don't mind me posting a new thread on this as I could do with some assurance! I am going to be undertaking this procedure on my Kef Reference 3.2s and I am just wondering what sort of glue I need to use to join the plastic dust cap/surround to the metal magnet back...
  14. H

KEF NT25 Tweeter Refurbishing (with Pictures) - and a question

Hi, hopefully you or someone else sees this question after so long. I am planning to replace the ferrofluid on my Reference 3-2s and I am wondering whether it's easier to remove the dome and voice coil in one "piece" from the magnet like you have, or by separating the two plastic halves. Which...
  15. H

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

My CDP-101 now has a first-gen friend in the form of an MDS-101 minidisc deck from 1993, the first home deck available :) Took a punt on it on eBay as it was described as not accepting or ejecting disks. I figured it was just the loading belt, and I was right. One belt later and it works like...
  16. H

Servicing a SONY DAT machine (Pictorial)

Stick a brief explanation of the issue and how you fixed it here. It might help someone in future :)
  17. H

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

I actually made a thread with some photos when I got it - here you go :) https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/mini-micro-component-systems-show-us-yours.958240/#post-14756005
  18. H

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

:D It's a short wave radio. I bought it to dabble in a bit of short wave listening, and also because I love Sony and I love their 80s aesthetic! I haven't worked out how to get it to reduce my tax burden yet but time will tell.
  19. H

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

It has now :) With a period-correct cool all-electronic Sony TA-AX44 amp
  20. H

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Thank you :) I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to buying used audio gear - I won't buy it if it has anything but the most superficial barely-noticeable marks, or otherwise something I can fix. It's taken me some time to build up this little stack, as well as the Sony ES amp and CD...
  21. H

Is Home Theater On Its Way Out?

Home theater will still have a following for a long time yet I reckon. My only fear is what the hell I'm going to do when my Logitech Harmony Elite eventually stops working. I have a lot of equipment and a fairly complex 5.1.4 setup in my dedicated room.
  22. H

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

My ES pile :)
  23. H

I have now resolved my DTC-60ES door opening issue. I gave it a new belt, cleaned the dust out, and added small amounts of silicone grease to all the plastic sliders and arms that move when the loading mechanism operates. It now opens all the way beautifully, activating the little end course...
  24. H

Thank you. Can you point me in the rough direction of where I might find those? :)
  25. H

My DTC-60ES works perfectly except occasionally (usually if it's not been used for a little while) when I eject it the door opens and then closes again. It's as if it hasn't quite got enough grunt to fully open it. I'm assuming it's the loading belt that needs changing. Does that sound about...
Back
Top Bottom