Search results

1. sunvalleylaw

Hafler Cordell/Savas DH-220C kit

Anyone install or use on yet? A couple articles came out in AudioXPress last summer, and it appears they are selling kits at least for the 220C, and have designs and mods for other units. I am considering it for my P225. Here is a link to the first article. The second talks about...
  2. sunvalleylaw

Old Musical Concepts Modded Hafler DH-110 with issue

I received this at a nice price and used it for a while, but then it started to develop a hum. I am wondering if there is a bad ground somewhere. Thinking of sending it back in to John, but also was thinking I could potentially just try to fix whatever is causing the noise. I would use this...
  3. sunvalleylaw

Source for Re-foam kits 11” Dahlquist DQM-9 Magnat woofer

I am going to need to re-foam mine, as the edge has pulled away, and am only finding the 10” version. Rick Cobb says he doesn’t have any, nor know of a source. These speakers were re-foamed some time ago and the foam itself does not look bad, but, as said, the edges have come apart from the...
  4. sunvalleylaw

Help me choose my next DAC. (Mytek, Chord, RME, Denafrips)

I am upgrading my two main systems. Only interested in spending the money if I am going to get units that are better in a reasonably noticeable way than my BlueSound Node 2i (may used one new DAC outboard from the BlueSound) and my Meridian Explorer 2’s. One is in my entertainment room which...
  5. sunvalleylaw

Hafler XL-280 vs. DH-500 for Dahlquist DQM-9's

Deciding between a Hafler XL-280 vs. DH-500 for Dahlquist DQM-9's for use in a 14 x 24 room. The speaker specs are: These do fine with my stock P225 (think DH-220), but I want to take the P225 to my office to power some M907's at low to moderate volume in that small room, and want a...
  6. sunvalleylaw

Emerald Physics EP200.2se impressions or experience?

I am interested in the Emerald Physics EP200.2se amp which can be used as an integrated amp. I found out about it when I was looking into doing the upgrade on my old Music Hall Mambo integrated amp. Would love to get anyone’s thoughts, experiences and impressions.
  7. sunvalleylaw

Gonna have bigger speakers at work, replace my Music Hall Mambo?

I was thinking I wanted to replace my Musical Mambo (this one, but mine is not modded, https://www.underwoodhifi.com/modifications/mambo) at work. It is 50w class A. I like its sound, and I also like my Hafler P225 (pro version of DH220, also unmoved). Both involve MOSFETS. In both places...
  8. sunvalleylaw

Best older SS Preamps to look for to use as is or mod?

For use with a Hafler DH-220, driving Dahlquist M907’s, with input via streaming and a good DAC, a tape deck, a CD player, and a turntable with outboard phono-pre (in this case, Schit Mani). I have a Hafler P225, that I am using similarly to the above, with a PS Audio 6.1, which seems to...
  9. sunvalleylaw

Hafler P225 (pro version of DH220) upgrade options?

I know a bunch of you have done the Musical Concepts upgrades in varying types to your DH220’s, and the P225 I understand is pretty similar in most respects. I have had mine a few years now, love it, and will have some play money to spend, and was considering the upgrade anyway, so now looking...
  10. sunvalleylaw

Second volume control on preamp for second amp in 2 channel system?

Ok, here is what I want to do. I have a two channel system in my main room, with a PS Audio 6.1 preamp, and my Hafler P225 as my amp for my main speakers, and a Yamaha AX-592 integrated a mp, with the “u” connector pulled, to bypass its preamp, powering some rears. The fronts are currently...
  11. sunvalleylaw

Dahlquist ST-9 stands, pictures, dimensions in HERE!

So @slowjoecrow had asked, in response to my post regarding my recent purchase of Dahlquist DQM-9’s, with original ST-9 stands, to send him some pics and info on the ST-9 stands so he could build some. And I figured some others would want the info as well. In two posts. In the next post will...
  12. sunvalleylaw

Picked up some Dahlquist DQM-9's. :-)

Always wanted a pair. I already have a pair of the M907's with the original stands, which I have considered my main speakers on my main system, a set of DQM-5's I bought new while in college years ago, and a couple pair of the little m903 bookshelf speakers I am using here and there. But, I...
  13. sunvalleylaw

Economical linear/quiet power supply?

Looking for one for a Musical Surroundings phono pre, and was hoping to find something more like a hundred bucks than six or seven hundred bucks. Not sure if there are kits out there you can build, or anything like that either.
  14. sunvalleylaw

What cart/stylus would you choose for a KD-550 with a SME 3009 II, unimproved arm?

Link to photos. https://photos.app.goo.gl/VixXKaqo9PFWW1HQ8 I have asked some other questions over the last couple years, and tried to learn about carts and styli, but wanted now to ask this specific question with regard to this gear, as this is my pathway. Great condition table. Going to...
  15. sunvalleylaw

Sony DVP-NS999ES. DVD player for CD’s. Color Me Stunned!

I just went on a tear picking up some old thriftstore sony DVD players thinking they would be good for playing CD’s, then read some threads, then threw down after reading some threads @Grenadeslio had posted in or started, and got a Sony NS999ES for a couple hundred even, shipped by fed ex in...
  16. sunvalleylaw

TDK Sound Master SM SA Formulation any good?

I was looking around locally for some used Type II or IV cassettes I could get cheaper than the eBay prices, and someone offered these. I have not heard of them and am not finding a lot online. Anyone use them, and if so, are they any good? For use with a Nakamichi BX-300 I have on the way...
  17. sunvalleylaw

Battle of the Thriftstore Sonys DVP-S560D, DVP-NS57P, BDP-S590

Saw this at thrift thrift store for eight dollars with 50% off electronics and couldn’t resist. Anyone know anything about these? Also grabbed a couple CDs for a buck each also. @Grenadeslio , upon doing a quick search, I see you have an old Sony DVP that you use. Do you know anything? Then I...
  18. sunvalleylaw

Kenwood KD, SME 3009 II (unimproved), Pickering project.

I got this table a couple of years ago, and have been enjoying it with the stock arm, with a Pickering XV-15 on a technics style headshell. It plays well, and sounds nice. But I have some improvements to make and it is time to start. Link to photos...
  19. sunvalleylaw

Nakamichi BX300 or ?

I am considering over the next few months searching for and adding a Nakamichi 3 head tape deck to my collection, for the purpose of recording some new tapes of my better record albums, which of course I will still spin, but would like to preserve, and also because I am interested in making good...
  20. sunvalleylaw

Does the Pickering UK business to purchase OEM type D625 still exist?

I have been unable to pull it up via google this morning. Maybe I am searching incorrectly. But maybe it is gone??
  21. sunvalleylaw

New (free!) to me Boston Acoustics A150-III’s!

So a buddy of mine on a local vintage audio club alerted me to a pair of Boston Acoustic A150’s offered for free in my town (a couple hours from his). I called the guy, and went and picked them up yesterday! Worked with them a little today. The guy had sold them but they were brought back...
  22. sunvalleylaw

Harman / Kardon: 630 vs. 570i vs. 590i

I now own all three, as I just found a "for repair or parts" wood cased 630 for $75 bucks and opened it up and cleaned it and all the pots, and replaced a fuse, and all seems good to go. I had found the 570i, which was the one my family had when I was a kid, and ran across another very...
  23. sunvalleylaw

Is there a “Dark Mode” I can turn on?

Lots of forums have that option, but in searching the settings, and the forum, I can find no reference to that sort of option here. Is it available somewhere I am not seeing, or is it being considered? Thanks!
  24. sunvalleylaw

Harman Kardon 630. I did a thing.

Bought a "for repair or parts only" one for $75 bucks from fleabay. It has a slightly damaged wood case that can maybe be repaired well enough to work. Looks relatively clean. No idea why it is not working so a total impulse project buy.
  25. sunvalleylaw

Harman Kardon HK570i - any fans?

This model HK was the first nice stereo I was exposed to regularly, when my Dad bought the family one, along with an Onkyo tape deck, I forget what turntable, and some Speakerlab towers, back in the very late 70's or maybe 1980. I have another older receiver that I use in a second upstairs...
Back
Top Bottom