Search results

1. SteveJewels

Why vinyl is better

2. SteveJewels

A tale of two platters. Does the platter, matter?

A spindle like you describe would not have threads for the VPI clamp. I have no idea what an SP10 is but I am pretty sure it had nothing to do with a VPI turntable. @Tedrick To my dissappointment, my platter weighs 22.44 lbs. Thank you for the response. It is niece to hear from you, it has...
  3. SteveJewels

Now that I am doing some more web searching and reading, I'm thinking the TNT platter may be stainless steer rather than aluminum. Anyone know?
  4. SteveJewels

The crush strength of the bearing is measured in tons. I'm thinking it will be ok. :)
  5. SteveJewels

I built a turntable, known as the 100 pounder, although it weighs more like 120. The platter and bearing assembly was from, I think a VPI TNT 5. The platter has an aluminum bottom, is filled with lead and a black acrylic top and weighs 22.44 lbs. It fits the description of a platter from a TNT 5...
  6. SteveJewels

Jack Kerouac's stereo

Yesterday I visited the home where Jack Kerouac lived. In addition to being the last home of the famous author, it is like a time capsule from the '60's. The furnishings from 1969 when Jack died is there. I snapped a pic of his stereo, a wonderful Magnavox console I thought may be of interest...
  7. SteveJewels

Marantz 2235B

I use the term 'survivor' in the sense it is used for classic cars, unmolested and in very good restorable condition. In the pix there doesn't appear to be any scratches or dents. The usual circular smear on the faceplate around the knobs is not there. It looks like it will clean up well.
  8. SteveJewels

Marantz 2235B

Some of the dial lights are out. The push buttons need some cleaning/lubricating
  9. SteveJewels

Marantz 2235B

I found a 2235B in good survivor condition. Looking for valuation. The seller describes it as all functions working properly, good sound through both channels. Thanks!
  10. SteveJewels

FM Auto vs. FM Stereo Selector Setting

FM mono is 15 kHz bandwidth. FM Stereo is 53 kHz. If the signal is weak a lot more noise will be let in. The "Auto" mode will let the tuner switch to Mono if the signal is weak.
  11. SteveJewels

Help with Oscilloscope and Generator

What is it you want to do with the scope?
  12. SteveJewels

Best Speakers Made In The 70s

Magneplaner Tympani's Still fantastic speakers. IVa's first sold in 1980 so it is a 70's design.
  13. SteveJewels

Recommendations for powered studio monitors

I found a pair of Dynaudio BM15A's. They should be here next week.
  14. SteveJewels

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Jean Rondeau Vertigo Rameau Royer
  15. SteveJewels

Adcom GFP 555 and 565 prices

What are the thoughts behind eBay - 25%?
  16. SteveJewels

Adcom GFP 555 and 565 prices

A friend of mine has had one of my GFP 565's on 'trial' for three years. About a year ago he asked about the price and I told him what the prices were on eBay at the time. He pleaded poor but he drives a $75,000 full sized, fully loaded, luxobarge diesel truck with racks for his kayaks (plural)...
  17. SteveJewels

New Speaker Delivery - Magico M3s

Very nice.
  18. SteveJewels

Clapton is suing a Grandmother now

I am absolutely certain there is no missing or misleading information in the article.
  19. SteveJewels

Power amp for new to me power hungry speakers

The sensitivity of the LSA 2's is 88 dB which is about average but in my book is kind of low. As far as speakers in general, most are between 84 and 92. My speaker have a sensitivity of 87 dB so I share your dilemma. Sensitivity is the SPL in dB measured 1 meter from the speaker with 1 Watt...
  20. SteveJewels

Looking for recommendation for BIG vintage speakers for a large room

Magneplanar Tympani IVa's with Bohlender and Graebener RD75 mids.
  21. SteveJewels

22 GIGA OHM RESISTOR FOR STA 2100

Here you go. Up to 10 Petaohm :) https://www.testmart.com/webdata/mfr_pdfs/GDLNIL/Guildline9337Datasheet.pdf On a more serious note, I doubt that circuit calls for Gigaohms,
  22. SteveJewels

Happy Birthday Ehoove!

Happy birthday my friend.
  23. SteveJewels

What does digital mean to you? and why?

@newzealand I have a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, a Brooklyn Bridge and an Onkyo DP-X1a. I have a subscription to Tidal for music. I also have a turntable which I built myself but it doesn't get as much use as it did before.
  24. SteveJewels

Can no one to explain what digital sampling rate is? It would seem if one understands digital sampling rate they could explain what it is.
  25. SteveJewels

Can you not explain digital sampling rate?
Back
Top Bottom