Search results

1. Jon1982

SX-1980 Intermittent Fault

Wonder if one of the gurus could help me track down an intermittent fault on my 1980 which is somewhere in the output stages I have checked it is not to do with the pre-amp stage by using a separate power amp via the pre-outputs Unit has been re-capped, power supply mod done and has worked...
  2. Jon1982

SX1980 Heatsink Grilles

Just me being curious, this one.. My 1980 has what I would describe as grilles which cover the heatsinks. Looking at pictures of other 1980's I'm struggling to find another one that has these. Its clearly factory, but I can't see them in the service manual. My unit is a European 220 / 240V...
  3. Jon1982

SX1980 Filter Cap Replacement

Hi folks, Going to open the SX-1980 back up and change the filter caps, as my meter suggests they're starting to degrade, and they're the only electrolytics I haven't changed. I'd ideally like to keep the same can diameter (3"). I have found some Vishay caps 100V / 22000 uf as per original, I...
  4. Jon1982

SX1980 Voltage Regulator / current source question

Hi guys. Recently posted regarding repairing the voltage regulator on my 1980, however my smugness was short lived when the bloody thing blew up again, despite voltage output being very close to specified 80V. I noticed that R213, which is on the drain side of the current source FET, by the...
  5. Jon1982

Pioneer SX-1980 Hum on switch-on?

Hi guys, Assembled the SX1980 after fixing a couple of issues and now running it on my main system to see what else I can find wrong with it :) As title suggests there's a mains hum on switch-on. Its on both channels and independant of volume. It gets louder for a few seconds then begins to...
  6. Jon1982

Pioneer SX-1980 APC Adjustment

Wonder if one of you pioneer buffs could help me? I'm trying to adjust the APC circuit in accordance with the service manual. However the manual talks about an "L2" pot which I cannot see anywhere and I am unable to get the waveform to change as described... the quartz lock does work, sort of...
  7. Jon1982

Marantz PM-94 bias (idle) adjustment.

Hi all I've got an Pm-94 which I've just managed to recusitate. I was wondering if someone could help me with the bias adjustment. I've downloaded the service manual and I've set the DC offset to near as dammit 0V which I'm assuming is correct (the manual says +/- 10mv, I'm assuming it...
Back
Top Bottom