Search results

1. 4everanalog

B&W DM16 APOC (overload protection) delete help

Tried adding a post to an old thread on the subject (different model), alas, no response so here goes. Getting set to recap my old DM16's and would very much like to dispense with the overload protection circuit. Did my best to extrapolate what needs to be done by looking at threads on other...
  2. 4everanalog

Wharfedale W60 Woofer Surrounds

Hi all. I have acquired a pair of older alnico magnet 12" Wharfie woofers to replace the rock-hard rubber surround versions in my W60E's. One is in very nice shape but on the other one the suspension has completely collapsed. The cone sits more or less in the bottomed-out position, cloth...
  3. 4everanalog

Name That Tonearm

Can anyone out there ID this unit?
  4. 4everanalog

Fisher 500B - Listening With Headphones

Hi all, If I were to use the item shown in the listing below ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIQIN-headphone-output-adapter-converter-compatible-2A3-300B-EL34-KT88-tube-amp/121995790932?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 to listen to my 500B through headphones, would I be...
  5. 4everanalog

5000A stereo lamp weirdness

Hello everyone, My 5000A ebay purchase arrived on my doorstep yesterday and what a beauty. Don't know that I've ever seen one quite this clean. Wood cabinet and all. As I messed around with the controls (you know that first run-through when you press every button and turn every knob) I noticed...
  6. 4everanalog

Wharfedale W60E Woofer Surrounds

Hi all, Dragged home a very nice looking (and sounding) pair of W60E's last night. Been waiting a long time for a decent pair to turn up and I made sure to get out there quick. All drivers seem to be working as they should, I was quite impressed with what I heard. In particular - the bass...
  7. 4everanalog

Tannoy Cheviot series i vs series ii

Hi all, Are there any differences other than cosmetic between the 2 versions of this speaker? I see the later ones have a nice gold trim ring around the driver but other than that? Same drivers? Are they all HPD's? Thanks!
  8. 4everanalog

Harman Kardon 930 headphone resistor values

Hi all, Putting out the call for anyone who is familiar with or has the service manual for this receiver. Would someone out there be able to tell me the values of the two resistors that run between the headphone jack and the "speaker 1" switch? Normally I would just decode the colour bands but...
  9. 4everanalog

Fried tweeter ... did I do it to myself?

Hi all, Was testing out my just re-capped Infinity Qb's the other day when I noticed a lack of high frequencies on one side. Messed around with the treble control and got some reaction but the highs kept dropping off. Shut 'er down, pulled the tweeter and it tested 15Ω. :eek: Not good. Should...
  10. 4everanalog

Polarized caps in speaker X-over?

Hi all, Pulled apart a pair of 1976 Braun L830 3 ways - getting set to do a recap. Damn what a crossover! Lots of serious looking components, nicely laid out on a Braun branded PCB. Anyway - my question to you is ... do you ever see polarized capacitors in a loudspeaker crossover? Cause...
  11. 4everanalog

AR3a woofer - what's the deal here?

I was rooting around inside my AR3a's - curious about what caps might be in there (turns out it's these big honking Sprague compulytics - cool). Anyway - it appears that my woofer leads were cut and re-soldered ass backwards. It's not like this is an easy thing to mix up. Between the massive...
  12. 4everanalog

Altec Lansing Model 14 Crossover

I am in the process of freshening up the crossovers of my recently acquired Model 14's. The 2uF and 10uF have been changed out with Solen fast caps for a massive improvement. :D I'm looking for replacement suggestions for the 2 big resistors. There is one coming off the high frequency pot...
  13. 4everanalog

Altec Lansing Model 14 - where's the Bass?

I've been mostly enjoying some Altec 14's I picked up a short time ago. After a recap the missing midrange and top end have reappeared with a vengance. Imaging and sense of space is fantastic. But... I was expecting a heck of a lot more from that big 12" woofer. In the very same room my...
  14. 4everanalog

Altec Lansing Model 14 woofer questions

Hi all, Brought home a pair of Model 14's last night. I've had an interest in these for some time so when I saw a pair for sale 10 minutes up the road you know I had to grab them. The woofer foams would appear to have been redone not too long ago (Alas, I wish it had been done a little...
  15. 4everanalog

B&W dm-16

Hi All, A pair of DM-16's have become available locally, going to check them out later on. Very interesting looking speaker. Scoping out the specs online it would appear that these don't dig very deep into the low end of the frequency range. Bottom end of freq. response is 65HZ. I've...
  16. 4everanalog

Mac 4100 - no FM MPX

Just acquired a fairly clean Mac 4100 receiver. Everything seems to work quite well except the FM section. All kinds of noise when moving between stations (found references to this "noisy tuner syndrome" by searching here) but no reference to the other problem I have. I flat out have no Stereo...
  17. 4everanalog

New to me Blue Burhoes

Hi All, Just picked up a nice pair of Blue Burhoe 3 ways. Always loved the EPI sound and these have been on my radar for quite some time. Saw a pair for sale locally so I grabbed them. Liking them a lot but not loving them the way I thought I would. I find the bass a bit underwhelming to be...
  18. 4everanalog

Name That Speaker

Found these mystery speakers for sale locally. I suspect they are hand built but on the off chance they are not ... Look familiar? Kit Maybe? Anyone recognize the drivers? :scratch2:
  19. 4everanalog

3000 & 3000a parts interchangeability

Good afternoon AK, After an exhaustive search I have at long last gotten my hands on a 3000a with the factory recommended cap-coupling mod. Listening through the AUX input ... the thing sounds incredible. Smooth, detailed and the high frequency adjustment seems to go on forever. I'd heard...
  20. 4everanalog

Heil AMT Diaphram Appearance

Hi all, I was test driving a pair of AMT-4's on the weekend. Fantastic sounding speaker. I would have pulled the trigger except ... Comparing the two tweeters I noticed that one of the diaphragms had a nice tight vertical accordion pattern to it while the other one looked to be deformed in...
  21. 4everanalog

Sansui 1000A Main Power Transformer I.D.

Hi everyone, I'm hoping you tube gurus can help me sort something out. Got my eye on a 1000A for sale locally and one thing kind of stands out to me in the pics. The big trans does not seem to have any identifiable markings on it while in any pictures I've viewed of these units online...
  22. 4everanalog

2325 vs 4270 vs G-8000

Some observations on the pieces listed in the title after switching out receivers in my Main system. As far as I know, all 3 sport all original components save for LED lighting in the Marantz's. I recently switched to a nice Marantz 2325 and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I find...
  23. 4everanalog

AR3 Woofer in 3a

I guess the title kind of says it all. Would there be any reason not to use AR3 Woofers in the 3a? I know there were changes in the crossover points going from the 3 to the 3a but nevertheless ... I ask because I have some 3a's and as it turns out I have a line on some older AR3 woofers. Pure...
  24. 4everanalog

Early PSB 3-Ways - Phillips Drivers

Calling all Canadian AKers (but not exclusively of course), I picked up a pair of what I think are very early PSB (Paul Barton) 3 ways. All Philips drivers, BIG 12" woofer, Acoustic suspension in nice walnut cabs. I don't remember ever seeing any PSB's with anything bigger than an 8"...
  25. 4everanalog

Dynaco Badge Resto

Hi all, Nothing major here - I gave something a try and am very pleased with the results. Went after my old tarnished (and corroded) Dynaco badges with some Mothers rim polish. Check it out. Looks like a piece of gold jewellery:thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom