Search results

1. Valvetype

Room to breathe ?

Thanks Billy and the Old Guy ... good info from you both ... much appreciated ..
  2. Valvetype

Room to breathe ?

G'day friends, I've been given a pair of Denon (by Mission) SCM51 speakers which I intend to install in my new 'Music Room' for guitar playing and recording .. It's not real big,measures 11' x 11' (3 metre) ,has 3" (90mm) polyester bats in the walls and roof and is clad on the inside by 1/2"...
  3. Valvetype

Ohmage query .

G'day to you Tom...I think a mail came from you today re the schematic for my amplifier ... and it went into the junk mail box and was deleted... if it's not too much trouble ,could you resend it please .. Thanks and regards from Australia .. Charlie ..
  4. Valvetype

Ohmage query .

Thanks Tom... email is zoukboy@optusnet.com.au
  5. Valvetype

Ohmage query .

and while I'm here.. numbering the terminals left to right ..red 1,2,3,black 4,5, red 6,7,8 .. what would be the impedances ? and .. and .. what would the sound characteristics be,say ate 1/3 volume if the amp impedances don't match the speaker impedances.. Thanks for your patience and my...
  6. Valvetype

Ohmage query .

The amplifier is a DB212 and here are the photos..many thanks for your interest.. As for the way things are connected now..that is, positive connected either side of the negative,what would be the impedance (thanks nj pheonix :-) ) be ?
  7. Valvetype

Ohmage query .

Thanks for your responses folks ... might be better if I posted some photos .. front and rear ... as our man Arnie says " I'll be back " :-) ..
  8. Valvetype

Ohmage query .

G'day friends,after a year or so absence from here, I'm back with a question . I have a David Bogen 12 watt tube amp from around 1959.There a three speaker terminals on the back (3 for the left side and 3 for the right) which I'm guessing are for 4 ohm,8 ohm and 16 ohm connection.Trouble is...
  9. Valvetype

Filming myself

Thanks for the replies folks.. I'm thinking that the Zoom unit might be a good one to try... it's a pretty good price AUS$280.00 and it seems as though it would be a good introduction to home filming ...
  10. Valvetype

Filming myself

G'day Friends, Just wondering if there's a digital movie camera around that would be good to film myself playing Guitar and singing ( jeez amigos,run for your lives :) ) ,with the idea of putting the footage up on youtube/facebook/onto a disc . I'd like the unit to be able to reproduce good...
  11. Valvetype

JBL 127 A 10" Drivers R.I.P

I've been in contact with Eeplok and he can send the parts (woofer,2 tweeters and the crossovers) for about $100.He says the foam is OK on the woof.If this all goes well,I'll get the Speaker Hospital to re-foam the other woofer and with luck,I'll have the L40,s back in action for about $250.. A...
  12. Valvetype

Thanks mate ... thats where the drivers are at the moment ... at the Speaker Hospital..They do good work there ,but I just can't afford the $700.00 for the repair. I've written to eeplok and asked about sending the parts.... that could work out OK (fingers crossed) .. Thanks for your help ...
  13. Valvetype

G'day Helle, I'm near Taree NSW ... and the repairer is The Speaker Hospital in Sydney.. I'll send you a PM with this same info .. thanks for your interest .. Charlie.
  14. Valvetype

Thanks Chris..I've written to a bloke in the US of A about a pair of these .. .and if you're here HyKlass ... I've typed that number that you gave me into the ebay search box and it comes up blank. Is this the correct number ? Thanks for your help ..
  15. Valvetype

G'day Friends, The foam surrounds on my drivers had failed so I put them in for repair.. I just received a call from the repairer saying that the magnet on one of the drivers had shifted and the cone was damaged ... The cost of the repair ,including the surrounds (x2) will be around AUS$ 700.00...
  16. Valvetype

6" Full range Magnavox Hi-Fi driver vs 12 Celestion Guitar driver .

Thanks for your reply mate .. I wrote to Ted Weber and got a reply.They suggested an 8A 100 or an 8A 100T .. They sounded good but with the exchange rate and International Postage,the price was AUS$187.00,which is a bit much for me at the moment so I'm going to use the Celestion G12M Greenback...
  17. Valvetype

6" Full range Magnavox Hi-Fi driver vs 12 Celestion Guitar driver .

G'day all, I've just purchased a One watt all tube Guitar Amp ( Wangs VT-1H) and need to make a cabinet.. I like the idea of keeping things small and using the Magnavox in a small cab to sit on the desk,but a few people have said that because it's a Hi-Fi driver,it won't be suitable.. even at...
  18. Valvetype

Checking a crossover ?

Thanks Faber,it's good to be hearing the Richard Allens again ... I might have to re-assess my thinking on that AcidFlux .
  19. Valvetype

Checking a crossover ?

Success.... The tweeters are now working well.. I re-soldered the posts on the tweeters and still .. no go... The problem turned out to be corrosion in the 'junction box' where the wires exit the cabinet and join the wires coming from the amp.. :( ... I've been using a liquid flux for all my...
  20. Valvetype

Checking a crossover ?

I think a re-solder on the tweeter connections will be my first job today ...something within my capabilities, this job.I hope this will fix things as Multimeters and the like are very much grey areas to me :) .. Thanks again amigos ....
  21. Valvetype

Checking a crossover ?

Thanks very much DC... good of you to offer this info .... I'll try out your suggestions ... and keep my fingers crossed cheers mate ..
  22. Valvetype

Checking a crossover ?

G'day all, I have a pair of Richard Allen speakers ... a 12" woofer and a 3" tweeter and crossovers in each cabinet.. The tweeter in one cabinet had stopped working so I removed it ,hooked it up to an amp/CD player and it worked just fine.. So I'm supposing that there's a problem with the...
  23. Valvetype

Grille Cloth Frame

Thanks folks... yes,it's nice when things turn out the way that you hoped they would.... Sound great as well.. Here's how they sit ... on top of, and connected to a cabinet containing a Wharfedale 12" Alnico driver.The custom made crossover network is shown behind the little cabs.All powered by...
  24. Valvetype

Grille Cloth Frame

They turned out nicely ... Fitted the cloth and now the project is officially finished .... Two piccies..one shows the cabinets before... the other ... the finished item..
  25. Valvetype

Grille Cloth Frame

G'day friends, Just thought I'd share with you my idea of a frame on which to attach some grille cloth.. It's looks as though it'll work OK and I plan to staple and glue the cloth to the frame and attach it to the cabs with a little piece of Velcro at the top and bottom. The cabinets for the...
Back
Top Bottom