Search results

1. Ths364

Happy Birthday Mike Gibson!

Happy Birthday!
  2. Ths364

2325 stubborn power amp (long post)

I picked up a 2325 a couple of years ago with one dead channel (Left channel power amp). The unit stayed in protection unless you unplugged that channel's power amp. Swapping the power amps to the other side: same result. Someone else re-capped the protection board and replaced the relay...
  3. Ths364

battradio follows through, thanks!

Bought some tubes from battradio. They arrived quickly, well packed and as advertised. Thank you!
  4. Ths364

Montycat: Thumbsup!

Bartertown purchase from Montycat smooth as silk. Thanks Andrew!
  5. Ths364

Thanks to Snow

A shout-out to Snow for quick shipping and sending me great stuff every time. Thanks Snow!
  6. Ths364

Wes_in_VA nice follow through

Bought an ADS tweeter from Wes_in_VA. Arrived well-packed and in better shape than I expected. Thank you!
  7. Ths364

ChrisNC gets a big thumbs-up!

ChrisNC snagged a nice preamp from Bartertown. Polite and quick payment gets him a big :thmbsp: from me. Thanks Chris!
  8. Ths364

Snow is on point!

Sold a cartridge to AK'er Snow. Paid so fast I'm sure there's melted permafrost in a straight line from his place to mine. Thank you Snow!
  9. Ths364

Hammerite/Hammertone paint

Anybody able to get a decent result using the Hammerite "hammer-finish" aerosol cans? I can spray lacquer on a guitar and polish it to a mirror-like finish, but this stuff is not really living up to it's name. I've tried thin coats, thick coats, thin over thick, thick over thin and tomorrow I'm...
  10. Ths364

Snow is the fastest gun in the north!

Purchased a broadcast phono-pre from member Snow. Arrived in record time (from ALASKA, no less) very well packed and as described. Thanks Dan!
  11. Ths364

BYoungman is on point!

BYoungman delivers! On time and on point. Another stellar transaction from one of AK's finest. Thanks Bryce!
  12. Ths364

Thanks to Danimal1969 !!

A beautiful pair of Mullard 12AX7's arrived safely at my door on this very day! Quickly shipped, too. A great way to start the week. Thanks Danimal1969, may the Audiokarma be with you.
  13. Ths364

Scott1019 is solid!

Scott1019 smooth on the follow through! Thanks!
  14. Ths364

Ummm, what the... (Marantz 27)

Okay, weird business for the week (my week anyway). I'm cleaning up a Marantz 27 for a friend. Crack the wood case and...I think I know what's happening here after my initial confusion. Anybody else want to have a stab at it before I put it in writing? For clarity's sake, we're looking...
  15. Ths364

$%^& scorpion.

Damn scorpion just tagged me on the pinky toe. First scorpion sting ever. Little bastard. Guess the universe doesn't want me looking at Bartertown right now. Son of a...
  16. Ths364

AK'er Sandstrom: Respect! :)

Sandstrom rocks! Turntable arrived well packed, intact, as described and communication was just right. Thanks Brian!
  17. Ths364

AtmaSphere Assembly video

I thought this was kind of cool. It's a short video showing the assembly of one of the AtmaSphere M60 OTL tube amps. No afilliation. http://www.atma-sphere.com/
  18. Ths364

Tinkerbelle is a stellar AK'er.

Received receiver extremely well packed. AK'er Tinkerbelle went above and beyond to make sure the receiver arrived here safely. Kudos and many thanks!
  19. Ths364

Empire Build

About a year ago, I bought an Empire 398. It came to me in a drawer-style plinth. Now that I've decided I like the Empire enough that it's going to stick around for a while, I built a new plinth for it. It's not an exact copy but as a proof-of-concept attempt, it'll work. I am going to refine...
  20. Ths364

Skylab rocks!

Bought a pair of GEC 6V6 from AK'er Skylab. The tubes arrived perfectly and quickly. Thank you, Skylab!
  21. Ths364

Three great 2013 Albums ...

My favorite albums of 2013: Sarah Jarosz "Build Me Up From Bones" Queens of the Stone Age "Like Clockwork" Melt Banana "Fetch" These three albums surprised me, I wasn't suspecting them to be much and all three knock me on my ass. Especially the Sarah Jarosz record. I'm not...
  22. Ths364

Sounds better than it has a right to...

I picked up this little Bogen DB212 the other day. This evening I plugged it into the Realistic Nova 9's and ran some R2R tapes through it in the back room. Sounds pretty good, I must say;certainly good enough for the back bedroom.
  23. Ths364

AK'er Snerp is a a good man!

Just purchased a repro Rek-O-Kut Stroboscopic disc from AK member Snerp. Smooth transaction, arrived quickly, no muss;no fuss. Will not hesitate to do business again. Thanks!
  24. Ths364

Qotsa?

Anybody else like the new Queens of the Stone Age record? I'm just hearing it and it's as good as anything they've done imo- and one of my favorites of 2013.
  25. Ths364

Mini Advent repair

I have a pair of Advent "Mini-Advent" speakers that need new surrounds. Are surround kits available? These were a throw-in on a bigger deal so I've never heard them in proper form- Are they even worth messing with?
Back
Top Bottom