Search results

1. Sandrion

B&K ST-202 Power Amp

From what I have managed to gather from other threads, this amp is a little bit of a sleeper. Leans toward the warmer side of the spectrum, and is all around just a good amp. I would just like to hear current opinions on it, as I am thinking of buying one soon, if possible. Thanks all.
  2. Sandrion

New to me, PE 2040 Turntable, score?

Sounds great! Thanks for looking. I'll definitely have questions I'm sure.
  3. Sandrion

New to me, PE 2040 Turntable, score?

I picked up a PE 2040 yesterday evening off of CL. No pictures, and very little info on it from the seller. I went to check it out and after seeing it had the cartridge sled, the changer spindle, a whole bag of spare parts and other things, I decided to just pay the $65 asking price. Now, I...
  4. Sandrion

Fun Scores and Meeting AKers today at an Estate Sale of all places

Lewis here, Definitely a good sale and I'm so glad we decided to go back the second day. Came away with tons of good deals on audio gear and some other non-related things. Always glad to meet a fellow AK'er! Exchanged information with Audio Fan and saw some other interesting folks. All in...
  5. Sandrion

Recoating Bozak Mids

Wow. Okay, I'm planning on shooting these with a latex coating that Krylon makes. I'll get back to you after I'm finished.
  6. Sandrion

Recoating Bozak Mids

If I end up getting them I'll be trying the paint method. That rubber in a can stuff is too hard to control.
  7. Sandrion

Recoating Bozak Mids

Let me clarify. These are aluminum b209Bc drivers. Not the older paper cones. The latex coating that was originally on these drivers is coming off and is almost completely gone. I was thinking of recoating because they are supposed to have that coating with the aluminum cone.
  8. Sandrion

Recoating Bozak Mids

Is it possible to recoat Bozak mid drivers? What would I use? Is latex available in a form that could be sprayed on?
  9. Sandrion

Bedroom turned audio room.

Yeah, I don't like to be cramped up. Plenty of room is the way to go if at all possible.
  10. Sandrion

Thanks guys! I added a plant stand that I rescued and powder coated. And the obligatory plants to go on it.
  11. Sandrion

Doped cloth surround, I need help!

Yeah, now that you mention it, that would be the order in which to do it.
  12. Sandrion

Yes. These are sealed. Here is a photo of the speakers in question, and the splits. I am leaning toward repairing the splits with some type of muslin or very lightweight linen and liquid electrical tape or the doping compound if it works in such a way. Then softening as much as possible and...
  13. Sandrion

I had no intention of doing anything to the original surround. I am aware it's too odd and rare to mess up. I am wanting to repair it, not replace it. I have contacted Roy and haven't gotten a reply back yet.
  14. Sandrion

Very similar to what I have. Is there a way to soften the cloth and then dope it and it stay soft?
  15. Sandrion

Yes, that's very similar to what I have. Very overbuilt, awesome woofer. I'll snap a picture and post it up. Gun cleaning patches, cotton patches. What did you use to fix your tears? What model speakers do you have?
  16. Sandrion

North Carolina anyone?

I'm in Shelby and my two best friends are on here too. One is also in Shelby and one is in Greensboro/Kernersville area. We'd love to get together! I'll be watching this thread.
  17. Sandrion

Yeah, I use it at work and immediately thought of it the other night. I think I mentioned it in the original post. Wondering if anyone else has used it with success, or if they used a backing fabric with it.
  18. Sandrion

Yeah, I thought about that. Figured it might work?
  19. Sandrion

Thanks for the reply! I've been in contact with Simply speakers and got a generic response about how they didn't have anything to fit my speakers. I'll have to look into the naptha and natural rubber. Coffee filter sounds promising. I've owned these speakers for about 3-4 years, I can't...
  20. Sandrion

My pair of Mitsubishi DS-303's have what I believe to be doped cloth surrounds on the woofers. Since I've gotten them they have hardened and in one or two places have a small split. My questions are... How do I soften them back up and get them to stay soft And how do I repair the split. I...
  21. Sandrion

Thanks! Once I get the walls painted I think it will look even better!
  22. Sandrion

Recently decided after picking up some Bozak 302's, that I needed a room just for music and related things. I had a spare bedroom doing nothing, so I started piling in the gear! The Urbans are very MCM (mid century modern) in my opinion, and the table I had matches them wonderfully. I decided...
  23. Sandrion

Frazier CAT 40

Anyone else have any input on these?
  24. Sandrion

Frazier CAT 40

Picked up this pair of Frazier CAT 40's at a local antique mall over the weekend. Couldn't find much info on them in the store but I was intrigued and decided to pull the trigger at $40, which at the time, I felt crazy for doing. Fast forward to today and man... I'm impressed. Why isn't there...
Back
Top Bottom