Search results

1. spok

Service providers greater Seattle area

Thank you.
  2. spok

Service providers greater Seattle area

hi fellas, It has been a long time since i checked in on these parts so I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place, feel free to move to the proper place if necessary. I just lucked myself into a nice SX-980 in OK working condition with just 1 selector lights burned out. I would...
  3. spok

JBL Lancer L77's @ Mount Vernon WA VV

mount vernon Washington Value Village , JBL Lancer L 77's for $130. cabs look to be in Good shape speakers are intact and no signs of damage. Hate to see these go to the wrong home
  4. spok

What Is The Absolute Saddest Song You Know?

Uriah Heep - Come Away Melinda
  5. spok

Vinyl only spin list

Rush - Clockwork Angels I really enjoy this particular and new offering from the Power Trio
  6. spok

Rush Clockwork Angels June 12 2012

I got my copy yesterday and immediately put it on. Its amazing work and really overloaded me with musical imagery on the first pass. there is a lot in this album to digest. I am impressed.
  7. spok

Top Ten Records Worth $1000 or more

saw this article... http://wogl.cbslocal.com/2012/06/11/mighty-johns-top-10-records-worth-1000-or-more-that-can-be-found-at-yard-sales/
  8. spok

New Cartridge: Shure M97XE

well, the 681 is in need of a new stylus so I figured I'd try a whole new cartridge instead. No worries, the 681 has been recycled to replace an el-cheapo AT on the PL-518. When the funds replenish, I'll get the stylus updated.
  9. spok

New Cartridge: Shure M97XE

I just replaced my Cartridge from a Stanton 681eee that came on my Pioneer PL-530 with a Shure M97XE. So far the difference is very noticeable. Seems to have much greater high response and clarity all across the range. Can't wait to see what comes when it's fully broke in.
  10. spok

Vinyl only spin list

Robert Plant ~ Pictures at Eleven
  11. spok

Rescued office system and formal living room

My office system was languishing away in the cold downstairs. My kids are in various stages of moving out and the need for all the extra space dwindling I had moved my work space upstairs to a spare bedroom where its always warmer in the winter months. The living room upstairs had turned into...
  12. spok

Spin Clean - Very Impressed!

I'm a fan. have one myself and clean each record prior to use if not already cleaned. its amazing what a simple design can do.
  13. spok

The Cars Reunited!

the cars debut album got regular rotation (on 8 trak) with my high school buddies and me for quite some time. I love the cars....
  14. spok

SRV and Albert King - Wow!

I caught the show last week, DVR'd it. Its a great show
  15. spok

What Was the Dream System of Your Youth ...

anything...A N Y T H I N G ! better than the 3 in 1 Hitachi AM/FM, FM Stereo, 8-Track and Record Player setup (with dual side stylus for 33, 44 and 78 rpms) I had as a teen growing up. If the charity of my long lost rich uncle whom I have never met sent me my dream system I might have...
  16. spok

On the subject of vinyl - well worth viewing

I love the Hi Fi for Children album cover
  17. spok

Hello Vinyl Lovers!

I love the greater Palouse...a great place to go ride a motorcycle. I have a friend who works at WSU, I've spent a lot of time in that area, its quite beautiful. Welcome aboard....
  18. spok

Is there a site to upload audio files that can then be streamed?

No...not a good choice anymore. At one time I had over 200 "music video's" posted on youtube (turntable spinning my vinyl) and one after another was deleted for copy-write violations.
  19. spok

Old New Guy

good gear can be found and a quality system can be assembled. Good places to start would be craigslist, garage sales, little nickle ads, estate sales and thrift shops can sometimes yield fabulous finds. Lots of good records stores out there as well to pick up old favorites and more. welcome...
  20. spok

Chance to Acquire HPM-100s

get them, you wont be sorry. if your amp doesn't drive them well, save up and get a bigger one to do the work. some might suggest you get the caps replaced in the crossovers, something to consider as well.
  21. spok

Pioneer HPM-100 100w + Pioneer HPM-100 200w Amp question

huh? what..... yeah, the more I push my 200w HPM-100's the more they seem to want but my ears can't take that for very long. I sometimes run 15-20w for a song or two but I generally push 5-10w thru them and enjoy the sonic bliss. I use an SA-9500II (80watts)
  22. spok

Rush on CNN

thanks for posting this. its always good to see neil so involved and animated
  23. spok

Found a little something today....

folks don't like the word score but that is at least a mini score? c'mon...its a great thrift/junkshop find for sure. I'd be happy to relate this tale myself. LOL
  24. spok

Who likes Lady Antebellum?

My lady friend absolutely LOVES them. I like some of their harmonies and counter vocal play...They have a bit of a uniqueness to them.
  25. spok

Senate votes to normalize TV commercial levels

...and yet they can't do their constitutional duty and pass a budget before they flee DC to save their retched butts at the ballot box.
Back
Top Bottom