Search results

1. crouse

How much would you expect to pay for a Marantz 22 receiver?

There is a Marantz 22 for sale local to me. Looks good and the seller claims everything works. Of course, it may need new caps, etc. He's asking $1000. Good deal, bad deal?
  2. crouse

Question about cartridge mounting

I couldn't think of a good title for the question I have. My fingers don't work too well when fine motor skills are needed which makes mounting a cartridge using tiny screws and nuts very difficult. My question is: are there any cartridges that mount using only screws or bolts that screw into...
  3. crouse

Tubes being made in Georgia, USA

Apologies if this article has been posted...
  4. crouse

What is "foxing" on an album cover?

I see the term in for sale ads but don't know what it means.
  5. crouse

Does anyone here have a cochlear implant?

We have had a few discussions about hearing aids, but I couldn’t find any threads on cochlear implants. My hearing isn’t bad enough for an implant but it may happen one day. So, do we have any music/audio fans with implants?
  6. crouse

Tu-be or not tube?

I think this will be okay to post here because I'm not going to be talking prices. I have been thinking about selling my MA7900 and using the funds to try tubes. However, I've never heard tubes other than at a store and really would be just seeing if I like them. The other issue is, buying a...
  7. crouse

Where are the serial numbers on Cornwall II’s?

I have a pair of C II’s. A previous owner removed the stickers on the back. I’ve looked all over the backs but there are no numbers carved into the wood anywhere.
  8. crouse

Is it my woofers or the crossovers?

I have a pair of Cornwall II's that are all original as far as I know. The bass response drops off precipitously below 100hz, confirmed using test tones. Normally, I would say it's the room, but the drop off happens with my ears a foot away from the speakers. With my SVS sub on, I can easily...
  9. crouse

Cartridge compliance for the NEW Technics 1200G tone arm?

I did a search and couldn't find an answer. Does anyone know if the tone arm on the NEW Technics 1200G is compatible with a high, medium or low compliance cartridge? To avoid confusion, this is the magnesium alloy arm on the new Technics 1200G that retails for $4000, not any other Technics...
  10. crouse

Prices of vintage Klipsch…oof!

I was looking at ads on the bay and other places. I’m semi-shocked by the prices people are asking for vintage Klipsch. Especially the big ones: La Scala, Cornwall and Klipschorns. Of course, asking price and selling price are two different things, but still. Makes me wish I still had my La...
  11. crouse

Compressed air for dusting?

Is there any danger of damage using compressed air to dust components?
  12. crouse

MC275 vs. SS Mac?

I have an MA7900 integrated and have kicked around the idea of using it as a pre amp with an MC275. For those with experience, what differences have you noticed between the sound of the MC275 and the SS autoformer amps? Obviously, there is a big power difference, but I run efficient speakers...
  13. crouse

Price for Klipsch Cornwall II

What’s a reasonable price for a pair of Cornwall IIs in great physical condition? All original crossovers and drivers.
  14. crouse

Direct coupled vs. autoformers. Sound differences?

I've read about the design differences but was wondering if anyone could describe the difference in sound (if any) between Mac amps that are direct coupled (ex: MA5300) and those with autoformers (ex: MA7900). Thankee, thankee (Pigpen quote)
  15. crouse

Is this crossover original?

The crossover is in my Cornwall II. Does it appear to be original?
  16. crouse

New Forte IV on the Klipsch web site

Looks like new midrange driver and crossover changes
  17. crouse

Gene therapy for hearing loss?

A short interview with a scientist looking at hearing loss. Sadly, I think if this ever happens, it will be after I've hit that trail in the sky. Still, it's good to know there may be hope for future sufferers of hearing loss...
  18. crouse

How many watts of my MA7900 are Class A?

I understand that most (all?) A/B amps run in class A at their lowest output. This may be for less than a watt or 5 watts or 10 watts or more. So, is the MA7900 biased to run in class A for a few watts?
  19. crouse

How hard is it to replace Cornwall II crossovers?

I'd like to replace the crossovers in my CW II's. They are the ones that can only be accessed from the front. So, how hard is it to work through the driver holes in the front?
  20. crouse

VPI is making and giving away hand sanitizer

Good for them. I now wish I had bought a VPI when I upgraded my turntable...
  21. crouse

Any advantages of an SUT over a good MC phono pre-amp?

I'm satisfied with the MC stage in my integrated amp, so I'm asking just to educate myself. I have noticed that some, including audio mag reviewers, prefer running their moving coil cartridges through an SUT and then to a MM phono amp. Why is that?
  22. crouse

How to get inside Cornwall IIs?

I picked up a pair of Cornwall II's a couple of weeks ago. At some point, I will replace the crossovers with new ones from Bob Crites. Can the back be taken off or will I have to work through the front?
  23. crouse

In praise of DSP and subwoofers

I refer to my mancave as the room where bass goes to die. I recently picked up a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls and despite their big woofers, the bass starts rolling off under 100hz and the level of bass output is puny by the 40hz mark. I ordered an SVS SB3000 sub that comes with DSP. Without...
  24. crouse

What's your favorite Cornwall model?

For those with experience with the different models (I, II, II), which do you prefer and why? I've been thinking about getting a pair and am looking for feedback. Thanks
  25. crouse

Does this woofer look original?

This is in my local facebook marketplace. Any idea on the woofer?
Back
Top Bottom