Search results

1. Kuma

MC240 CL sale -Northern VA

If this is real, what a deal... Moving, must sell tonight it says. (no affiliation)
  2. Kuma

MC240 CL sale -Northern VA

If this is real, what a great deal.... (no affiliation) Moving, must sell tonight it says!
  3. Kuma

Pilot 4000 FM receiver ???

Does anyone have information or opinions on a Pilot 4000 FM receiver? It's a free acquisition, but a complete rebuild would be necessary. I'm looking for information on it to determine if such an endeavor would be worthwhile, but I'm coming up with nothing. There's a big power tranny and...
  4. Kuma

Dynaco A25 Speakers

I really want a pair of Dynaco A25 speakers.
  5. Kuma

Russian 6N2P-EV for 12AX7 ?

I'm taking the plunge on Sergey's 6P3S-E tubes to use on my Dynaco ST-70, and since I'm having them shipped all the way from Russia I've been thinking of having him include these $2 6N2P-EV tubes for my PAS 2 preamp. Has anyone had experience with these in place of 12ax7 tubes? FWIW, I'm...
  6. Kuma

UK Royal Mail Classic Album Cover Stamps - super cool

Check this out Classic album covers in postal stamps from the UK Royal Mail. It took a couple of months, but we finally got the first set of these - and they are super cool! Artwork and quality is beautiful. And it's based on vinyl LP's! Now I'm looking for a professional framing job...
  7. Kuma

EPI M-100 speaker repair

Got a pair of EPI 100's (early examples, without tweeter control), and one of the dust caps on the 8" woofer has been poked thru. The cap measures 1 5/8", and found speakerworks.com has generic paper replacements for $2.50 each. The surrounds seem fine, but I plan on replacing the 4.7...
  8. Kuma

Grundig garage sale find - $3

Stopped at a sale yesterday, and among the junk was this Grundig receiver (Model RTV 320 U) with matching speakers - nice sounding unit for $3. The plastic front plate was so cloudy I could barely make out the numbers. And the gold trim was sticky and flaky in spots (same with the knobs)...
  9. Kuma

A modern way to pick up girls

Scanned this from an old magazine - has anybody tried it?
  10. Kuma

Dynaco PAS 2 tone control bypass

So I upgrade the power supply in my PAS 2 preamp somewhat successfully, and decided to move on to the next step: bypasssing the tone controls. I initially didn't think this mod was for me. I listen to a variety of music, and sometimes turned up the treble (and to a lesser extent, the...
  11. Kuma

Check out this Ebay seller

This person has some really nice stuff - for a price... for a crazy price, that is! http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmyostuff
  12. Kuma

Questionable 5ar4 tube - is it a Mullard?

I got this rectifier tube a while back, and the guy claimed it was an old Mullard 5ar4. It was cheap enough, so I bought it. However, the print is wiped off the glass (save for a hand-written marker on the very top saying this is "EX" - I'd like to think that means it tested Excellent)...
  13. Kuma

Dynaco PAS 2 & ST-70 suggestions

Just got this pair, and I'm enjoying them immensely (thanks REXEVERYTHING). But a couple of questions: (1) Why does everyone bypass the tone controls on the PAS 2 ? I listen to a wide variety of music and find that I'm always changing the treble and bass controls. Don't think I'd...
  14. Kuma

Another cork mat convert

Found some cork today, so I cut a 12" circle out of it. It's very thin, measuring out to a bit over 1 mm. It was rolled up in storage, and still curled when sitting on the turntable. So I decided to put on some weight to smooth things out - in the form of the original Denon rubber mat and...
  15. Kuma

Detroit CL: Pioneer 949 quad receiver 4 sale

VINTAGE Pioneer 949 quad receiver posted on Craigslist (no affiliation): http://detroit.craigslist. org/ele/668292552.html Looks nice, if you like that sort of thing.
  16. Kuma

This weekend (Sep 28-30) P-51 Mustang gathering in Columbus, OH

http://www.gml2007.com/ Over 100 P-51 Mustangs will be reunited with 51 aces, former crew chiefs, WASPs, and other World War II veterans at a four-day event that's under way today in Columbus, Ohio. The Gathering of Mustangs & Legends continues through this Sunday, September 30, at...
  17. Kuma

Bypass Capacitors

I'm finally replacing my power supply capacitors, and have a question regarding the bypass caps. They are contained in a separate can mounted above the chassis, and it's marked 50-50, 50-50, CAN COM NEG. (I assume this means two caps at 50uF / 50V each). The schematic shows 25uF 25V for each...
  18. Kuma

Acoustiflex suggestions?

1970's "Acoustiflex" - SS amp/receiver.. any mod suggestions? Here's something I'll bet nobody has ever seen - and I say that because I can't find a single bit of information concerning this brand. Acoustiflex was a Detroit area company in the 1970's, that much I know. And judging by the...
  19. Kuma

Sony TA-1130 speaker protection relay - or lack thereof!!

Acquired this nice-looking Sony, and was really impressed for a while...but after a few weeks there seemed to be a problem with the speaker protection relay: the amp required turning up the volume knob really high to get any sound. After doing that, the channels were not equal in their output...
  20. Kuma

Sun Ra Delmark LP reissues - any opinions?

I have been considering the purchase of Sun Ra's "Sun Song" LP by Delmark for a while now... but having been seriously disappointed with some jazz LP reissues' (the Fantasy label, for example) I wondered if anyone's heard this record and what they thought of the pressing quality. I have...
  21. Kuma

Resistor replacement suggestions

I finally got to work on this little push-pull McGee amp, beginning with a recap. I'm using 716 Orange Drops and the five that have been completed have drastically improved the sound. I plan to replace all, but I'm doing it in stages so I can hear the difference along the way. But in...
  22. Kuma

AK Fest review in Detroit weekly paper

The AK Fest made the cover story in Detroit's Metro Times (alternative press) paper this week. Check it out.... http://metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=10362 Check out the links on the left side of the page... a 20 minute film (Greek Audiophile), and an interesting interview with Steve...
  23. Kuma

Sony TA-1130 L/R channel outputs differ

Have been enjoying this for about 6 months, but lately it's been exhibiting some problems. The output of the left channel is lower than that of the right. Sometimes it cuts out entirely, and I turn the balance knob all the way to the left and crank the volume up - that gets the signal back...
  24. Kuma

buzzy first project

I have recently purchased this old McGee Imperial 30 mono amp that has a buzz at lower volumes which goes away when the treble is turned down. The buzz does not increase when the volume is turned up, so at higher listening levels it's tolerable... but I'd like to fix it. Does this sound...
Back
Top Bottom