Search results

1. pdm4606

Found an Empire Turntable at an Estate Sale

These Pabst hysteresis motors need line frequency adjustment to change speed.
  2. pdm4606

I got the motor wiring good now. Trial and error(common sense) got it running. Having a problem with the belt rubbing the bottom of the turntable ring as it runs. I have adjusted almost everything but still rubbing. Haven't installed the arm yet. Everything went together so nice I had little...
  3. pdm4606

I did my own thing and cut up the small bakelite washer and now run the 5 wires with soldered on connectors and it works. I just push the soldered on connectors into the openings in the tonearm. But now I also want a full wiring diagram for the motor. The turntable as I received it has 3 loose...
  4. pdm4606

I checked with a meter and the center pin is definitely right. The ground showed up as far right on the meter. I have never taken this apart before and wondering if anyone has disassembled the pivot area before. I had an empire 598-3 many years ago but had to sell it for family issues. I just...
  5. pdm4606

Got an empire 598-0 today.Only one issue is tonearm wiring. Looks like the center pin on this one is + right channel. Should be ground but arm wiring diagram unknown.
  6. pdm4606

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Never done fixing my Yamaha stuff. I have 2 M-50 on life support. I also have 2 C-50's that work fine. Also a B-6 up for checkout. The M-50's are a basket case. I know I should not use Chinese stuff to rebuild but I don't like getting stuck with big bills just because it's maybe American or has...
  7. pdm4606

Yamaha M-50 capacitor rebuild.....

Some problems that ended in a complete rebuild of the M-50. Only issue now that all small caps and transistors are replaced, what power caps to use. 10000 uf X 63 V @ 105V. May as well do all 4. Just did a rebuild 5 years ago and ONE power cap is bulged. Range is low ( 9850+- ) but ESR is double...
  8. pdm4606

Yamaha M-4 Slight distortion on both channels, more on right.

Check your DC power rail voltages. Should be in the 30 VDC to 40VDC range( or whatever your Yamaha schematic says they should be.) and somewhat equal for the positive rail and negative rail. If of by more than 3 vDC I would check the filter caps in the power supply area.
  9. pdm4606

Going crazy with my Yammy C-50 M-50 combo.

Trying another amp is a very good idea. Especially if they are identical C-50. That's my next step if the rail voltage is not the culprit. But I'm sure I'm closer to the issue now that I found rail voltages are different. Thanks for your input.........
  10. pdm4606

I found something wrong on my c-50. Rail voltages are supposed to be 40.2 positive and negative is 39.8 as per yam schematic. I found positive 40.5 and negative is 24.5 checking the heat sinks to ground. I'll check caps and stuff around the power supply part of the circuitry. 2 medium size caps...
  11. pdm4606

Severe distortion on startup and doing my darnnnest to figure what is giving the issue. Sounds easy huh. I have cooled and restarted both the pre and power many times. And sorry if I did something wrong but I have not been able to find which one is the culprit. Takes around 20 minutes to clear...
  12. pdm4606

What's your "comfortable listening sound pressure level"?

I couldn't read the posting as my tinnitus is keeping me up at 2 AM.
  13. pdm4606

How many turntables do you have?

What we are all saying here is that the LP never died as is believed and the rebirth is healthy and growing. At least as far as the audio community is doing.
  14. pdm4606

Really nice ........ Keep em' rollin.......
  15. pdm4606

Working only and used regularly or as close to regular use as you do use.
  16. pdm4606

C-50 Phono 1 vs Phono 2 switch

We should take a poll as to how many audiophiles use 2 turntables. Really
  17. pdm4606

C-50 Phono 1 vs Phono 2 switch

I finally came up with a logical solution that has been bugging me for the past 6 years. That being the failure of the Phono 1 vs Phono 2 selector switch. The actual slider is not larger that the head of a pin and is totally open to the outside environment. Really this switch is so small and...
  18. pdm4606

ROKU....Some problems....

And to top it off I found the reset takes place in their tech. dept which is closed on Sat. and Sunday. One step closer to pulling the plug.
  19. pdm4606

Maybe...But my official ZIP code shows up as being in the area they are using and really is the location of me and my home. If there wasn't such issues as dropout and quality I wouldn't bother either. But the dropouts are directly increased with an area you are not really in doing the work of...
  20. pdm4606

I have been using a Sony Playstation.Vue with ROKU for around 2 months now and a problem has developed. The issue consist of what exactly is "HOME" to the Playstation system and your point of use. My Playstation system is supposed to work in my neighborhood of Las Cruces/El Paso. It never has...
  21. pdm4606

Cellphone photos. Caught anything interesting lately? Post em!

My grown daughter and I went out driving through a camping/picnicking area adjacent to the White Sands Proving Grounds here in southern New Mexico. Along with a couple dozen campers this is another camper that we saw crossing the road. Approx 4 1/2" across.
  22. pdm4606

Unknown tube amp looks kind of interesting

Big adjustable resistors may carry a kick. I would be careful around them. Accidental touch may ruin a perfectly good evening.
  23. pdm4606

What an idiot!

Check voice coil dia's. and magnet weight and compare between the 2. In my vast experience of useless knowledge those 2 parameters are most important. Then if all things are or are not equal, buy the suckers and install. Look at it this way, you'll learn a lot about JBL, woofers and speakers in...
  24. pdm4606

AK Retiree Club

The disability of Medicare is set up like a system. My wife filed for disability and it took 4 years and 3 appeals. By then her claim had built up many, many years of payments and they compensate by paying you your first payment with all the previous payments since you first filed. In our case...
  25. pdm4606

AK Retiree Club

Very ironic that a few friends I have swear that they were told by their employer that they "would be exempt fro Medicare" due to fabulous plan they will have by retiring from their job. WRONG!!!!..........Medicare applies to everyone and is the main feature that it's cost has been held in line...
Back
Top Bottom