Search results

1. S

Yamaha B2 and Sony TA-N7B

May I ask what you have used to replace the 2SK97? I guess that you replace all fuseable resistors, they all seem to be way off: did you find any other resistor(s) that were way off to? which resistors did you replace that are shown in the picture? I mean the little black one's? Did...
  2. S

V-fet amplifiers - yamaha b-2 v sony ta-n7b

You could plug in i.e. a Sony CDPX707ES/CDPX777ES directly into an power amp skipping the preamp all together... These beautiful CD players do have a volume output control. :)
  3. S

Yamaha B2 and Sony TA-N7B

Hi Oilmaster I am about to start working also on a TAN7B to recap re-diode etc etc and I see that you replaced the input stage dual FET 2SK97? Were you still able to get these or did you use a replacement, if so which one? Anybody else that recommend a replacer for the 2SK97? It would be...
  4. S

Casted concrete or welded steel casing for a 20-200Hz woofer?

concrete has a brittle structure which can easely cracked but can bare high baring or compresssion loads. You can describe poured reinforced concrete as being a stack of bricks, each brick has a whole in the middle, stack them, put the rod through and compress the brick stack using washers...
  5. S

Thanks for your input. The question is: how can you determine these parameters? ie how can I determine let's say the first param the resonance freq of a speaker? etc etc
  6. S

I think that this sounding has also something to do with the tension on the reinforcement of the concrete steel bars? Just like a rivet: a rivet under tension has a high pitch/sound Interesting question is : how do you determine the resonance freq of a, in this case, concrete casing? Tap the...
  7. S

Many argue that concrete has a certain pitch, which must be true due to the compression of the concrete by the steel enforcing (steel is like a string on a gitar under tension in an ideal concrete + steel combination) The main question however is I think: what is the resonance freq of the...
  8. S

This web site http://lenardaudio.com/education/05_speakers_4.html is by the way very interesting: it talks about constructing the perfect speaker cabinet for a woofer using bricks :) or ie sandwiching sand between 2 sheets and covert by lead on the inside, which was suggested before in...
  9. S

Interesting!!! Thanks for the input. I think or get the feeling that ideally the cabinet should silence as maximum as possible? Like the remark that you will defintly hear concrete when you hit it with a hammer? May be the question is more interesting than the answer (as is in many...
  10. S

what in terms of dimensions and or shapes? remember : its only for 20 - 200 Hz note: there are lightweight concretes out there with small styrofoam bubbles which are +/- 20% lighter than reg concrete
  11. S

Hi All, I bought a while ago a Bang and Olufsun subwoofer that has a range of 20Hz - 200 Hz from a Beolab 2. A magnificent design, quite different from a standard Woofer design: The Beolab has normally a very small casing because 2 passive speakers are used in combination with one...
  12. S

Sony VFET; TAN-8550 vs. TA-N7

I still have to repair my TAN7B but my 8550 is working like a charm: the sound is sooo very very sweat: it is amazing. It is worth every penny. I also have to get my 5550 working again. I expect that the 5550 is pretty close to the 8550 except for the power which you don't need...
  13. S

Who can explane Sony TAN 8550 design?

Hi, Can somebody explain the global design of the class-A and class B amplifier boards as shown on page 18 of the Sony TAN 8550 end amplifier Service manual? Anybody??? Thanks
  14. S

Sony TC-K8 - a rare deck.

@packrat did you end up fixing the bad segments of the LCD? I bought the same deck and the seller told me that the LCD leaked and that it doesn't work at all. ;(
  15. S

Yamaha MX-1 keeps blowing fuses,smoke. Need urgent Help!

I am upgrading my Sony TAN 5550 with new PSU caps and replacing those nasty diodes. I consider my device to be defect because i am not a 100% sure that nothing is switched (plugs) or broken while replacing etc etc My approach is to work from one module to get it going as expected, when you are...
  16. S

repair of a leaking TC-K8B LCD display?

Hi all, I just bought a Sony TC-K8B which has a leaking LCD screen so nothing of this nice LCD can be seen. Is there a way to repair or to inject that fluid may be using a syringe? Where can I find that specific fluid? I have to idea if this going to be even possible. Regrds
  17. S

Beefing up PSU caps on Sony TAN-5550?

I think a more theoretical approach may give us some cluess on whether this is a good idea or no. Lets start with the basic diagram that defines the context of this question, a nice description is I think : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectifier#Rectifier_output_smoothing In this...
  18. S

Beefing up PSU caps on Sony TAN-5550?

I think a solution would be to put a few watts resistor in serie between the transformer to limit the initial current: when the caps are completely emptied via the parallel resistor over time that in that case the initial current @ 55 volts is quite steap, that is the reason for the slow fuses...
Back
Top Bottom