Search results

1. B

when they rack a shotgun

My favorite was in the last year or two on some television series (might have been The Walking Dead). A character was holding a shotgun on someone and when the camera angle changed, you heard the racking of the shotgun, but she wasn't holding a pump shotgun.
  2. B

Rant..!! Passwords...

I've used this for over a decade. https://keepass.info/
  3. B

In the you can't make this up department...

He gave you a compliment that took all of three seconds to say and if they gave you a mask when they got to the ER, it sounds like you weren't wearing one either (not that I support wearing masks). You might be overreacting a bit.
  4. B

Any one deal with LP Gear?

This thread is from 11 years ago...
  5. B

Your all-time favorite male & female singer / vocalist?

Pop: Dolores O'Riordan (The Cranberries) Punk: Penelope Houston (Avengers) Metal Tatiana Shmailyuk (Jinjer)
  6. B

I watched Bone Tomahawk the other night, from beginning to end, and....

I watched it several years ago and enjoyed it, but haven't felt the need to rewatch it. You have to remember that it's not just a Western film, it's a Western/Horror film. A movie is simply a story and your synopsis is what it's about, cowboys and cannibals.
  7. B

Discogs help

I used to enter a lot of releases as I have several friends that have small punk labels, Familiarize yourself with the submission guidelines as there are psychos that think they are in charge of everything on Discogs. I have this link as a separate bookmark on my browser's toolbar so I can...
  8. B

Anybody remember this? Found in trash

It is an advertising poster intended for video stores for the 1986 special edition video release of the film.
  9. B

What song reminds you of a particular movie?

"I'm Alright" by Kenny Loggins Caddyshack (1980)
  10. B

Looking for an old WW2 U boat Film

Yes, The Enemy Below. Submarine Command takes place mainly during the Korean War, with the only WWII stuff right at the beginning and there isn't a U-boat involved.
  11. B

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. (1931)

You should check out the earlier film from 1920 starring John Barrymore. Much creepier and Hyde is horrifying.
  12. B

Max Von Sydow: The Exorcist and The Seventh Seal actor dies aged 90

It wasn't included in the original version because the wires used were visible. It was added to later releases when CGI was used to remove the wires.
  13. B

Digital Master or Vinyl Master recording to cassette?

Thanks, will check them out. Hope the Nashville gig isn't booked at The Basement East as it was destroyed by the tornado late Monday night.
  14. B

Digital Master or Vinyl Master recording to cassette?

What's the band's name so we can check it out?
  15. B

Denon DP-1200, Your Opinions please

That's because you bumped it to the first page...
  16. B

So...

My stepfather bought one of those AudioTechnica LP-60s years ago to transfer ONE album to digital, which I thought was stupid. I believe it was $60 new back then. I inherited it and have used it once. To transfer one album to digital. ;) At least I didn't pay $60 to do it.
  17. B

The Two Thousand Pound Book

I think he was referring to the size and weight of it being unwieldy .
  18. B

Dave Olney dies on stage

I had the privilege of seeing Dave Olney more than once at the Bluebird Cafe here in Nashville. Was also present at the somewhat legendary Townes Van Zandt, Steve Earle and Guy Clark session there in 1995. And I can confirm that Emmylou Harris was in the audience and did sing harmony on a couple...
  19. B

What software programs have left you feeling conned?

I never like Norton, they always seemed pushy. I've used Avast as my antivirus, Comodo as my firewall and Malwarebytes for periodic scans for just over a decade now. Avast has become more frequent with the popup windows, but I'm using the free version, so I can't complain.
  20. B

Inner record sleeves

I use the Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile Sleeves from Sleeve City. Expensive, but worth it.
  21. B

It just wouldn't be Christmas without it

A Christmas Carol (Reginald Owen) A Christmas Carol (Alistair Sim) It's a Wonderful Life A Charlie Brown Christmas And certain Hallmark Christmas movies, depending on the lead actress.
  22. B

Short lived TV series that should have gone on but...?

"Lucky" ran for 13 episodes in 2003.
  23. B

What was the last movie you watched?

The last ten: Scarface (1932) Broken Blossoms (1919) So Big! (1932) The Circus (1928) The Unknown (1927) Taxi (1932) Employees' Entrance (1933) Too Many Crooks (1959) Side Streets (1934) Five Star Final (1931)
  24. B

45 rpm 12" LP's

You are conflating "album" with "LP". You have a full album because the release contains all the songs originally on the CD. Again, "LP" stands for "long play" (or "long player") and they are pressed differently than 12" 45s. The latter generally contain under 15 minutes of music per side and...
  25. B

45 rpm 12" LP's

I'm surprised this needs an explanation. https://www.classic45s.com/why45s/45sound.html
Back
Top Bottom