Search results

1. fivemeters

Repair technician recommendation in NorCal

Hello everybody, I have spent some time going through the threads but haven't found any reference to a good Sansui repair shop in Northern California. Does anyone on here have a suggestion? I have a Au 717 that has a channel out, and I think needs a pretty extensive recap and refresh. My local...
  2. fivemeters

SP-1001 Information and refresh

I have asked a few questions here over the years and thought I should give back a little. A friend recently sent me home with a pair of SP-1001 speakers. They were made in 1968 I believe. I had a very hard time finding any information about them online, so I'm going to post what I have. I...
  3. fivemeters

Designing new cabinets for SP-X9000s (kind of)

Hi all, I've been reading through the Exclusively Sansui topics looking for information on speaker cabinets I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for me as far as figuring out cabinet dimensions? Here's the quick background. I bought a pair of SP-X9000's for my gym. One was dropped in...
  4. fivemeters

Help with SP-x9000's

Hello all, I could use some help with a pair of SP-x9000's I purchased recently to go in my gym (NOT critical listening.) Intentionally looking for a big-loud-1970's speaker, I picked up a pair from eBay. FedEx dropped one and the woofer is frozen. Local hi-fi shop took a look, sent it out...
  5. fivemeters

AU-717 pre-amp for BA-2000?

Audio-newbie here, first post- I'm looking at a BA-2000 on Ebay, assuming I were to bring it home can I use the pre-amp section of my 717. Any problems there I should know about? A better way? Thanks, warren
Back
Top Bottom