Search results

1. R

Speaker placement for man cave?

Yes. I have usually had them on the floor. The other part of the L is not where I sit and listen and watch. Think of the prime location for the listener as about a dozen feet straight back from the tv.
  2. R

Speaker placement for man cave?

i have an L shaped room over a garage. The vertical part of the L is about 15 x 20. I have a TV, with VHS, UMD, DVD, Blu-ray, receiver, vinyl, cassette, 8 tracks, etc. playing into a pair or CS G911. This is late 80s, early 90s consumer rack system level stuff. Behind the seating is the...
  3. R

Pioneer RX 511 speaker set up question

i have been running a pair of CS G911 floor speakers on this. It has the outputs for an additional pair of speakers. I have been looking at some vintage Pioneer supplemental speakers like CS X500 and CS G103. They are 8 ohms 30w and 6ohm 50w respectively. Would either be good in combination...
  4. R

Changing belts on Panasonic RS series

in addition to vinyl, cassettes, radio, and the cd 6 packs on my rack system, I wanted to blare 8 tracks on it. Until now, my 8 tracks have been limited to the small, single under dash speaker in my GTO, The the McDonald desktop ( or portable with 6 d cells) players. I found a Panasonic RS 856...
  5. R

Thank you guys!

Got on a stylus last week and a new belt came today. Spun some vinyl for the first time in 20 years or more.
  6. R

Your top 3 American(ish) sports/muscle cars

heck yeah, I have a soft spot for 3rd gen camaros also. I used my enlistment bonus to get a new 85 Z-28 back when I joined the Rangers.
  7. R

Your top 3 American(ish) sports/muscle cars

vintage: I am a sucker for companies that had offerings in the muscle car era but are no longer with us. I need to rescue a 68 Cutlass and a Marauder X-100 to round it out. I was conceived in the back of a Tri-Power GTO, came home from the hospital in a 68 442, don't remember the 69...
  8. R

Help with getting my vintage back on please

Oh yeah,no doubt. I have rewound, replaced rollers, pads, spliced, etc. etc. and still left many by the wayside. All in all, indoor 8 tracks seem to have a better function. Those living in cars have had to eat the extra dirt, heat, cold, spilled drinks, etc. No 8 track in this system. I have...
  9. R

They are quite heavy. Woofers x 2 10" Midrange x1 3.3" Tweeters x2 2.5"
  10. R

sure. It came as a set. The PL 211AZ turntable is currently missing the stylus, I have one coming. I have not used it in ages. I think you put on a record, switch to phone, then it automatically spins when the arm is set to down. I think. It has its own power source in the receiver...
  11. R

ps- the vinyl I want to spin is nothing rare or crazy, just your typical Van Halen, Kansas, BOC, etc. a guy in the middle of his 40s would have started getting back in the day followed by post punk/pre new wave like ADam and the Ants, and a few 12 inch single 33s that would have been on the...
  12. R

I am getting the Pioneer tower system I purchased back in 1990 back up to speed. I have not spun vinyl on it for about 18 years. i have ordered a new stylus as some how the plastic holder for the needle that goes into the tone arm is still there, but the needle is gone. It is a PL 211AZ...
  13. R

Help with Pioneer RX 511 please

I am rolling with an underdash 8 Track player, an 8 track player on the desk at work, and have a dual cassette deck on my home receiver. the dorr is stuck on the right cassette door, any tips to get that working without breaking would be appreciated. also, a recc. on home 8 track...
  14. R

Hello, new member coming out of the

sorry forgot pics before cleaning and setting back up trackin'
  15. R

Hello, new member coming out of the

analog closet. I always knew I was analog. I used to love looking over my Mom's records when I was a little kid, whether it was old Jan and Dean or Beatles LPs, or Eagles 45s, etc. I was not allowed to use them on the big record player, but ended up with some of my own 45s and one of those...
Back
Top Bottom