Search results

1. eiraved

Shapton Whetstones. You would have to spend a lot of money to get anything better.

Been sharpening my Tojiro knife for many years with the Crock Stick, never had any issues.
  2. eiraved

ESS Power amp score

:lurk:
  3. eiraved

Audio Absurdity Award Goes To....

All four sides can be removed, so it will no longer be a crate and lie flat. Makes it much easier to store.
  4. eiraved

Bridge collapse in Baltimore

From another article: The collapse of Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge on Tuesday after a collision with a massive container ship could have been mitigated with simple “fenders” that have been standard issue on new bridges since the 1990s. Today these fenders are standard to be installed...
  5. eiraved

Bridge collapse in Baltimore

Recent reports say the ship that struck the bridge, the Dali, was traveling under a Singaporean flag. Previous reports had indicated the June inspection of the Dali in Chile identified a problem with the ship’s “propulsion and auxiliary machinery” according to the shipping information website...
  6. eiraved

SANSUI 7070 ISSUES

I wouldn't put it quite like that, but I agree the fusibles should be replaced if you plan to replace the transistors. I haven't looked at the noisy transistor thread, but I'll bet some of the Sansui's transistors have made the list...
  7. eiraved

Bypassed fuse resistors in a Sansui 7070

No need to apologize, I hope we are able to help with your 7070 issues in a new thread. 7070 is a great receiver, having owned one for a short period!
  8. eiraved

McIntosh MR-7082

It appears the owner of the unit found the replacement back in 2019.
  9. eiraved

This Shit Jams

I like his equipment rack!
  10. eiraved

Infinity RS6 subwoofer Removal/Replacement

Welcome to AK!! Looks like the spider broke loose. I have no experience with that but I'm pretty sure it can be glued back together. Maybe @GordonW can chime in here.
  11. eiraved

Talk me out of this

Welcome to AK!!
  12. eiraved

The perils of modern air travel.....?

Agreed on all points you bring up. The certification would have been issued once the fix was put in place. Unfortunately, the FAA and Boeing had a "cozy" relationship which may have led to this situation.
  13. eiraved

These are just talking heads not doing the research and resorting cut-and-pasting from each other to repeat the same mantra, "Many point to Boeing's 1997 merger with McDonnell Douglas, a major aerospace-manufacturing corporation and defense contractor, as the beginning of a culture change that...
  14. eiraved

Saved from the trash heap...

Agreed. It looks like an Oxford driver, based upon the vintage Fender amps I've seen online. ITC may have contracted with them to build their drivers.
  15. eiraved

Can I Buff These Scratches Out? Pioneer SX-1010

I can tell, it will increase the original gloss. BTW, great job on the finish @painttoad . I would be more than pleased to have my receiver innards to look like that.
  16. eiraved

Jsg PROPHILE speakers! Anyone heard of them?

Having 0 ohms means you have continuity. A non-continuous circuit will read either 1 or OL (depending on the meter used) on a resistance test. Many here use Parts Express, they have a selection of tweeters to choose from. They can also assist with that selection (no affiliation).
  17. eiraved

Ok, flipped the driver. Only identifying numbers are on the cone.
  18. eiraved

Me neither. I'm pretty sure ITC is the International Television Corp. Hopefully someone has some info on these.
  19. eiraved

Some over-wing emergency exit doors open outward.
  20. eiraved

Amp ID

Closest I could come to it was the silver-faced Accuphase E213.
  21. eiraved

Amp ID

I tend to agree. An image search turns up nothing but the YouTube video image.
  22. eiraved

Armed flight crews also prevent hijacking. Passengers security is good as long as weapons aren't allowed to get through, and the TSA helps with that. What is the fix?
  23. eiraved

Entry-proof cabin doors have little effect on bombs, or stopping people from opening doors in flight. The Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) program helps, as does having a Federal Air Marshal on the flight.
  24. eiraved

I always used the sleeping quarters when I jumpseated on the MD11 internationally. It kept me out of the cockpit and away from those chatty flight crews! But they wouldn't let us "behind the wheel". Not that it mattered anyway for the reason you mentioned.
Back
Top Bottom