Search results

1. MX5Seeker

Polk Monitor 65-Ts

Amazon has the Polk Monitor 65-Ts on Prime day for $280. Worth it?
  2. MX5Seeker

Sansui R-70

Found one at a local pawn, asking $249. Very clean unit, front looks very pristine. Sure I could get it for $200 plus tax. I know this is a unit must later in their history and not as collectible as some. Is that worth it?
  3. MX5Seeker

Sansui 5050 receiver

What would be a good price for one that has basically been cleaned, lubed, and works? $100 to $150?
  4. MX5Seeker

Is it the table or receiver?

I think I may have an issue with a receiver, but since the symptoms are turntable related, I’m going to start in this forum. I’m setting up a system at my mother-in-laws house for her and for me when I visit. It consists of: Technics SL-J33 Linear TT Denon DRA-25 receiver/amp...
  5. MX5Seeker

RCM - how much cleaning fluid?

For those of you with RCMs, how much cleaning fluid do you use? I just got an Okki Nokki (I'll review it later). I diluted their cleaning fluid in 1 quart of distilled H2O). I then used 6ml per side. That was too much and actually ran onto the bottom side of the record. I'm thinking 4 ml...
  6. MX5Seeker

Has anyone dealt with Naudi Monkey?

After getting back into records for about 3 years now, it's finally time to purchase a record cleaning machine. After doing some research and looking at reviews, I'm most interested in the Okki Nokki. Naudi Monkey says they are the US importer for Okki Nokki. Has anyone dealt with them? Any...
  7. MX5Seeker

Teac 4010 series with no cord

I need a power cord for a 4010 series. It looks like the female end of a 2 plug extension cord could be trimmed down to work. Is this doable? And do I need to be careful about the polarity of the plug?
  8. MX5Seeker

Heads - Dirty? Or worn?

I'm trying to figure out what to look for. Are these heads dirty? Or worn? Maybe both? The spots look like they might clean off. But the heads look like maybe they are worn - maybe flat near the centers? Or are those manufacturing marks? Thanks.
  9. MX5Seeker

Reel to reel primer

Folks, I would like to get a reel-to-reel machine, but I need to understand the very basics before I try to find one. Like: Tape size - I assume 1/4 for prerecorded? Do need 1/2? Real size - 7 and 10.5? Tracks - 2 or 4? What are the popular speeds? How to inspect the heads? Any...
  10. MX5Seeker

Nakamichi CR-1A

What's the going rate on a "working" CR-1A? And while we are at it, any issues I should look for? I know to look for worn heads. Anything else? Thanks.
  11. MX5Seeker

The cassette tape? Or the deck(s)?

I have 2 Denon cassette decks, one is a DRM-700 and the other is a DR-M33HX. Both are fairly new to me. I have cleaned the transport path on both with isopropyl and the rubber tires with ethanol (vodka). I then used CaiKleen Rubber Rejuvinator on the tires. In general, both have played well...
  12. MX5Seeker

Sansui P-L50

Folks, what's the going rate on a Sansui P-L50 linear turntable? Thanks.
  13. MX5Seeker

New Captain Beyond vinyl?

I have a copy of "Dawn Explosion" from 1977 and I'm hooked. I want to get a copy of the self titled album and "Sufficiently Breathless". Copies on Ebay seem to run in the $15 range (plus shipping) and up. Occasionally some run much lower, but that's not the norm. Both are available as new...
  14. MX5Seeker

Realistic Lab 420

Saw a fairly good looking Realistic Lab 420 in a shop today. Comes with a new needle and an older Realistic cartridge (not sure of the number). Holds speed well, looks OK. Cover has scuffs, but no cracks. He wants $85. Is it worth that much?
  15. MX5Seeker

For the Scarlett owners - a few questions...

For those of you that have the Scarlett 2i2 or 2i4, I have a few questions. First, the plan. A Technics SL-1700 with either a Shure M97xE or an AT120E/T cartridge. Into an ART DJ PRE II preamp. From the preamp into the Scarlett (either the 2i2 or the 2i4). And last to a Mac Mini with an...
  16. MX5Seeker

My second Marantz...

Picked up a Marantz 1090 at a local pawn shop. Everything works well on it and the face is fairly clean. Needs a good scrubbing. :yes: More pics later... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=450967&stc=1&d=1377381190
  17. MX5Seeker

Denon DR-M33HX - stay or go?

I picked up a Denon DR-M33HX off the bay. Seller said all functions worked. I then asked if it had balanced sound from both channels. Seller said "yes". I just unpacked it today and set it up. I only have two cassettes so I tried both. After a few minutes, the left channel got softer...
  18. MX5Seeker

There be Polks here!

Sorry Scotty. Local pickup, Polk Model 10As. They are dusty, dirty, and dinged. And they are mine. Mine, mine, mine, mine mine. :yes: :banana: And they sound great! OK, besides clean them up, what do I need to do first? New caps on the crossovers?
  19. MX5Seeker

Rectilinear XIa?

I finally got a set of Marantz Imperial 7s to start with (have to refoam the mids). So, on to the next set. :) Pair of Rectilinear XIa. What are they worth?
  20. MX5Seeker

Current Polk Speakers

I posted these same questions on the Polk Audion forum. I'm getting recommendations, but not really getting answers to my questions. I have a Marantz 2265b receiver. I only listen to music, and 95% of that is vinyl. I have 2 turntables, a Technics 1310 and a 1700. The room is “L”...
  21. MX5Seeker

Monitor 10s

As you can tell by the recent posts, I am in the market for vintage speakers. Local seller has Polk Monitor 10s for sale. Not sure which variant, but they have silver dome tweeters. I may be able to get them for less than $100. I don't know if the surrounds have been changed or not. He...
  22. MX5Seeker

Jbl lx44?

Local owner has a pair of JBL LX44s for sale. Woofer surrounds have been replaced about 2 years ago. He says they have been "checked out" and are in good working order. Cabs and grills look great. He is at $150 and firm. I need a decent set of speakers to go with my Marantz 2265b. I...
  23. MX5Seeker

Went and did it... 2265b

Well, I now own a 2265b. :) My first Marantz ever. :banana: This one will need some new lamps, so may as well change them all, right? Does anyone on AK sell a lamp kit? Or do I go to the bay? Anyone there to buy from or avoid? I had a demo on this one before purchasing, and it sounded...
  24. MX5Seeker

Sansui Eight?

What would you consider to be the going rate for Sansui Eight in good shape?
  25. MX5Seeker

BA HD 7 - worth picking up?

I have a chance to pick up a pair of Boston Acoustic HD 7s for a pretty low price. Cases and grills look pretty good. Surrounds look almost new. Are these reliable? Would they make a good match for a Sansui 771?
Back
Top Bottom