Search results

1. W

Ranking Marantz Models?

Of course the 2600 is the best :) because it's the only marantz I have
  2. W

Marantz 2500

I recommend Bruckner he just restored my 2600 theres a thread on it I imagine you've seen it already though.
  3. W

Big thanks to Rbuckner

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-2600-refurb-thread.697921/
  4. W

Big thanks to Rbuckner

If you didn't see there's a thread in the marantz section. He did a huge restoration job on my 2600. His work is second to none, maybe a few who are equally as good but none better I'm sure. Nice to see that there's people who still deliver more than what your paying for. Hats off to Rbuckner...
  5. W

Marantz 2600 Refurb Thread

In your professional opinion how does it sound vs all the other stereos you've restored and played with? Sure it's a tank but does it give off sounds that you enjoy hearing?
  6. W

So it produces 330wpc @.02% thd, before clipping on your machine? What does the 470wpc peak mean then, or under what circumstance would it be hit or used? Hopefully my question makes sense.
  7. W

If I'm not getting a new face then that means neither is anyone else for a 2600. They do look nice, I don't even care about the color a new silver one would be just fine.
  8. W

I asked tmz2 for a new faceplate...no luck :confused:
  9. W

Do you offer 2600 faceplates?

Do you offer 2600 faceplates?
  10. W

I've emailed someone on eBay who produces the new black faces and asked for a 2600 and was told sorry they won't do it basically?
  11. W

Impressive work, do you see/notice any difference with a 2600 vs a 2500 and the legendary 2385 if youve done one, just curious if there's any real differences or just a little more power and scope for the 2385?
  12. W

wtf did I just buy???

I was searching my ass off never seeing a sa5000 grrr I hate buying non totl receivers. Oh well not out too much $
  13. W

wtf did I just buy???

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=272123601821&alt=web I don't know what it is little to no info, based on a few websites it *appears to be the totl for that series? Hopefully I didn't get burnt on it.
  14. W

Bose 901 - early review

I had the 901 series 2 with the equalizer and hated them. Sansui 9090db to kr9600 to au/tu 717s and other I had it always had the same lousy results with me and sold them off for 150 5yrs ago only paid 60$ for them.
  15. W

Bose 901 - early review

The old saying, no highs no lows must be bose.
  16. W

Snagged a sansui 5000X

I'm excited ready to pair it up with some original large advent a1's
  17. W

Kenwood KR-8050 vs Concept 5.5

Unfortunately it's becoming a very expensive hobby especially when you got to get a receiver restored. I'm getting my marantz 2600 restored, try explaining to your wife why you have to pay for that after you've already bought that big expensive bastard :rolleyes:
  18. W

I like them with my concept, but I'm using my mach twos usually with it. My 9600 is picky to me it only plays well with my infinity sm152s I recapped which aren't to well liked even though they are extremely efficient 102db@1w1m. The advents should match my new sansui 5000x very nicely. They did...
  19. W

I snagged mine in 08 with two pairs of large advent A1s for 225? I think at the time i only wanted the speakers didn't know shit about the concept line till I heard another guy say he was wanting the stereo and not the speakers, I was thinking the stereo was junk? Then I figured they must be...
  20. W

Even the 16.5 is bland imo. Maybe one day I'll snag one of those... Maybe
  21. W

Snagged a sansui 5000X

Definitely will ;)
  22. W

Snagged a sansui 5000X

Been wanting one for the last couple years finally snagged one tonight that appears to be in beautiful condition and based off the rating I see no real reason to be concerned. I think the dark spot is interesting and may actually give a rare character to a otherwise typical polished wood case...
  23. W

I have the 9600 and the 5.5 and I really enjoy my concept, nothing against the pure power of the 9600 but the concept is very warm sounding and gets more play time.
  24. W

Marantz 2385 made new by Catrafter

Glad to have my 2600 under the knife by rbuckner as we speak. What makes the differences in the 2385,2500,2600 besides a scope and power or is that pretty much it?
Back
Top Bottom