Search results

1. mike_p

In between

Getting ready to move with 90% of my stuff on consignment. The consignee didn’t want the Odyssey Kismet monos that Klaus stuffed in my ancient Khartago cases. Found a JC-1 pre in very good shape, got a Topping E70 Velvet for $343, pulled out the old Oppo 93, borrowed my girlfriend’s Technics...
  2. mike_p

Anyone worked on a Jadis Defy DA30?

I’m flying blind here. . .
  3. mike_p

Screw cross-threaded (?) and won't back out

It looks like the prior owner of a phono stage cross-threaded one of the top cover screws. It can turn a little with difficulty, but won't back out. What are my options for removing this fastener without damaging the cover? Thanks in advance, Mike
  4. mike_p

Tube amp tech in Metro NY/Northern NJ/SE PA?

Anybody know of, and have confidence in, one of these folks? Thx, Mike
  5. mike_p

Anyone got a schematic for a Jadis Defy DA30 integrated?

Jadis apparently only releases these to their authorized service providers.
  6. mike_p

Phono cables

Please share your experiences with cables from TT to phono stage.
  7. mike_p

Differences between Grado Prestige bodies

I want to try a couple of different Signature line styli in a Prestige cartridge body. What are the mechanical and electrical differences between the cartridge bodies in the Prestige lineup? Thanks in advance, Mike
  8. mike_p

Grado Gold with a MCZ stylus?

Thoughts on the current crop of these? My Pioneer SA-8800 has adjustable MM resistive and capacitive loading.
  9. mike_p

NOS Shure SS35C on the way

The ones with the white SHURE lettering on the face of the stylus body. I know it probably doesn't make arithmetic sense in terms of cartridge compliance vis-a-vis tonearm effective mass and resulting arm/cartridge resonance, but I'm going to try it on my PLX-1000 to see if I can hear what...
  10. mike_p

Pioneer SA 8800 on the way

I have never heard one, but its a beauty. Can't wait to hook it up to the Snell E II's.
  11. mike_p

New Forte IIIs in the house

Waiting on my Jadis Defy DA30 to drive these. Can't wait . . .
  12. mike_p

Belden 1505F coax for phono cables?

Low capacitance, double shielded, foamed PE insulation. 2 carts: Denon 103 and 103R to the step-ups in a Rogue Ares phono stage. 5' long run. Right recipe? Other suggestions?
  13. mike_p

Zu Omen DW II or Klipsch Forte?

Full range, high efficiency sweepstakes. Anybody spent some time with both of these? Thoughts?
  14. mike_p

Jadis Defy DA30 schematics?

Anyone have these? (I’ve got the ones for the DA30, but not the Defy DA30). Thanks!
  15. mike_p

Tips/tricks for soldering cartridge tags

Darned if only one channel has signal - the wire to one cartridge tag came loose. Thoughts on avoiding stupid soldering tricks?
  16. mike_p

Favorite tube phono stage?

For running a DL-103 in a metal body . . .
  17. mike_p

Anybody taken the Monitor Studios for a spin?

Please share your experience.
  18. mike_p

What is it with ADS speakers that some folks are so high on?

Inquiring minds want to know.
  19. mike_p

Is anyone running a DL-103 w/o a SUT & if so, are you happy?

In the past, I got the most satisfaction using a SUT (Cinemag 3440; Auditorium A23) into a low gain tube phono stage (a tweaked Bottlehead Seduction/Reduction with really nice parts and some fine genuine NOS Telefunken E88CC valves). Can I duplicate that sweet yet articulate and resolving sound...
  20. mike_p

Keep that P25, or keep lookin' ?

Good grief, I seem to have more buyer's remorse with analog. Anyone hear the new Rega P6?
  21. mike_p

LP Gear Vessel R3SV MM cartridge

Mr. Pig's review of this cartridge on Positive Feedback makes this entry in the MM sweepstakes look pretty inviting. Has anyone used this in their rig(s)? If so, please let's have your thoughts. Many thanks in advance, M
  22. mike_p

Sound quality effect (if any) with 117 VAC to 100 VAC step down?

I'm thinking about eventually getting a Japanese integrated (from Japan, that is). What effect in sound might I experience with a line step down transformer?
  23. mike_p

Brooklyn CT to the Mid-Hudson Valley/NYC/Philly?

Looking for a ride for a pair of Snell E/II speakers. Anyone headed that way? Thanks!
  24. mike_p

Words of wisdom re:setup of Prestige body/8MZ stylus?

The 8MZ stylus from Needle Doctor should arrive this weekend. Any thoughts on VTA, stylus pressure and loading? Thx, Mike
  25. mike_p

Replacement stylus for AT12Sa?

Someone gave my brother a Pioneer PL-510a 'table mounted with an Audio Technica AT12Sa. We don't have a loupe or USB microscope yet to check out the stylus (working on it). So far, it sounds pretty good into a Musical Fidelity X-LPS III. LP Gear wants an arm and a leg for a genuine ATN12S...
Back
Top Bottom