Search results

1. D

zerozone ear834 clone

This week I received my parts for the next ALL OUT Build for the EAR 834p Project I'm doing. I received the Power switch, the selector switch for the different capacitance with the different cap values, Power supply film caps from Solen, and Knobs I will using on the the front of the chassis...
  2. D

Grado Cart Sound Question

I hear the Grado Gold 3 and Timbre Opus cartridge sound alike. I would recommend the Opus with its wood body. BTW, I have the Grado reference 3 and love it.
  3. D

zerozone ear834 clone

The interconnect cable I'm running from the SUT to the EAR input is around 58pF. The other interconnect from the arm to the SUT input is around 120pF. So when I go to use the EAR just for MM cartridges that will be the interconnect I will be using. From what I read the EAR 834P will see at the...
  4. D

zerozone ear834 clone

I'm going to add a selector capacitance switch to my DIY EAR 834P clone all out build. I was thinking of these cap values. I have ordered a nice selector switch for 6 inputs. 50pF 100pF 150pF 200 or 220pF and 300 or 330pF Hopefully these will cover most MM cartridges. The MC cartridges will...
  5. D

New phono preamp from SCHIIT - the Skoll

I agree that you can get it way more quiet. I have redid my EAR 834P Clone and it way more quiet than what it was. I added the Choke, Better Diodes, Better resistors, better coupling and and bypass caps, and replaced the Pot with a TKD pot. I also redid the grounding which was not proper. Noise...
  6. D

McIntosh MR80 Stereo Mode not working.

Ah, ok I get what you mean about the station being off by 0.1 when sometimes turn ON in the morning. Yesterday after wrote the latest things going on, it was on 96.4 so I set it to 96.5, after an hour I happened to look at the display and it was at 96.6. So maybe once everything settled in...
  7. D

Linear Tracking Turntables...

My Brother had this table in the mid 70's and sound really nice, I always wondered what that bar on the side was for until years later I read up tangential arms. Good Idea and work well on his table. Now to get a Pivot arm with this technology it's gonna cost you a lot.
  8. D

So I did do an experiment with touching the Scan buttons and waiting, seem like when I do that about a few hours later it will jump or scan to the station depending on which Scan button I pressed. If I press the Upper Scan button it will go to the next station up, if press the Lower Scan button...
  9. D

I was just actually wondering about those 4 pots since the one I adjusted was a little on the non-linear side. and if they may need to be replaced. At work we used "Spectral" pots and on the older pcbs that had them they became nonlinear and would drift and had to change the venders due to this...
  10. D

zerozone ear834 clone

Ok, so yesterday the final parts came in for that all out build. Had to make shift some resistor values due to this stupid supply chain issues, all the parts are drying up at the big parts suppliers. I finished it and and will start today mounting and testing the power supply and preamp...
  11. D

Is Grado black discontinued?

Hopefully Grado make it more clear for the future series or they just might concentrate on the upper end cartridges now.
  12. D

Well, celebration short lived. Today was the 2nd time in 3 days that when I was listening to my MR80 today after a few hours it jumped to a lower band that was 87.7 where there was no music or anything just white noise, two days ago after I got it working it sudden jumped to a higher band 106.8...
  13. D

Here's a pic of my MR80 in now working condition. :cool:
  14. D

I never would spray contact cleaner into any tuning pot, I would just replace it. I have read so many Horror stories on others trying to fix those touch buttons and then to have all kinds of issues when they go back to put everything back together. No Thanks! My MR80 sat idle in it box after I...
  15. D

The frequency was off and measuring 225KHz. Took a few attempts but got into spec. Hopefully it holds there. I was remembering when I was adjusting that R908, that someone mentioned a long time ago on a thread to look into that Pot but didn't give any specifics and I didn't want to touch...
  16. D

I do have a nice Kenwood Signal Generator that I think is capable of 10.7, don't know about the 75KHz deviation though. I will look into the voltage on IC901, should be ok since I'm getting Stereo now but when I engage the Lock function, it went to the right/Up onto the next station Up from...
  17. D

I saw this too late, I already adjusted the 228Khz and that did the trick. I know have stereo on all the stations that I should have. You weren't lying its a little tricky but I zoned in on it. Thank You again for all the help and Patience with my questions.
  18. D

So as I was watching a movie I had the MR80 on tuned into that KUSC Classical station in LA. The Stereo light was off most of the day but it turned on for about 15 mins until the signal got low on the indicator and went OFF and is still off now. It sound like it was in stereo, then when the...
  19. D

Yes, I have a 100Mhz Rigol Scope with X/ Y functions. when I mentioned TP in my post I was referring to Test Point you marked on the schematic. I could try the X/ Y function, I tried this function awhile back on a another tuner. The display wasn't as clear as the one in the pic when I was...
  20. D

Ok, cool! This why I asked about the Upper Lower end limits. I had a feeling that would most likely mess things up if I adjusted them. I will do the 228Khz check/adjustment on R908 and then take a look at the R905 adjustment next. Noted to the initial position before I move them. I will post...
  21. D

Hi Punker X, Yes, I agree. I feel from how the MR80 is performing that it must be something slightly off because the Stereo light, Stereo mode, and Auto filter work some times. Also as I'm manually Scrolling through the stations from one end to the other end I see the Stereo light come on a few...
  22. D

No, wasn't going to replace anything blindly, I was going to order parts for another project and was going to order those diode just cause since I was ordering already. I was going to do those things you mentioned then report back my results. I was going over the SM last night on those areas...
  23. D

Thank You for the reply and info. I will look into these points and will get back. I have a Scope so I should be able to get a accurate measurement. I will also order those 1N5711 Schottky Diodes for the D229 and D230. I did forget to mention that the Stereo like comes on every so often but...
  24. D

It's been awhile since I last posted here about my MR80 after I recapped it in the Power Supply and Audio section. Ever since I bought it and it was told to me by the seller the Stereo mode didn't work. After I got it and noticed it had been recapped but some if the caps were not correct so...
  25. D

zerozone ear834 clone

Thanks! I bought these back during when Covid first hit for the bare board kit I ordered and haven't got the chance to put them in, so now they are in. I also used EPCOS Electrolytic caps throughout except for the 2200uF Heater caps, those are Kemet. This should come out sounding very nice with...
Back
Top Bottom