Search results

1. Dot Heton

Can anyone identify these Electro Voice 12’s

At the beginning of the pandemic I bought three floor wedges from a musician labeled Electro Voice Force 12. Each one has 2 12’s. I finally took out a speaker and it wasn’t what I expected. I was expecting cast frame Electro Voices but instead I have 6 steel frame speakers. I googled the numbers...
  2. Dot Heton

There was a video of a turntable that centered the record before playing?

Someone posted a video here that showed a record player with a movable spindle and pushers that centered the record and then played it. I’m looking for that video. Does anyone remember it?
  3. Dot Heton

How Do You Mark Tubes With The Writing Worn Off

I have some Guild branded 12ax7’s that I was tube rolling and the printing came off just by touching them. I need to mark them so they don’t get mixed in with the 12at7’s and the 12au7’s. My memory is bad enough that I won’t remember what’s what by next year when I drag them out and do the exact...
  4. Dot Heton

EV TL-606A Econo-Wave?

Would these EV TL606A’s be a good econo-wave candidate? I have three of them in fine working order. I would just set the lens on top in a homemade box I think. http://www.electrovoice.com/binary/TL606A_TL606D_Engineering_Data_Sheet.pdf The link shows two different cabs, I have the A model with...
  5. Dot Heton

Vertical and Horizontal compliance listed in manual

My Akai linear tracker has both vertical and horizontal compliance numbers listed in the manual. Can anyone shed some light on what to make of them. I’ve been making great strides in my hifi lately and I think it’s time for a DL-301. Static vertical: 18 x 10 -6 cm/dyne Static horizontal: 29...
  6. Dot Heton

Akai AP-L45 Lube Job?

I bought an Akai AP-L45 linear tracker and can hear it advance the arm every few seconds. I had it apart to change belts for the arm drive and lifter and noticed the dab of dark grease on those worm gears were as soft and fresh as any grease could ever be. I was even wondering if the previous...
  7. Dot Heton

Is There A List of Reissue Vinyl ??

I just bought a used copy of “The Story of the Clash”. It’s in great shape but can tell it’s used. The records play with such dynamics when compared to my CD’s of the same album that I thought it may be remastered. But they aren’t on 180 gram vinyl. Are there telltale things on remastered albums...
  8. Dot Heton

A true antique on Craigslist

I’d love to see this antique machine go to someone that would restore it. I e-mailed the seller who said they knew nothing about it except it was purchased at a garage sale and has house paint on the base. I bet someone here can ID it and tell if it’s something worthwhile...
  9. Dot Heton

AT-F2 reviews? It’s been out a while now

I searched AK and there’s not much mention of this MC cart. People recommend it when someone asks about getting started in MC but they never give their opinion about the sound. The AT sound is clear and even from top to bottom and maybe this cart is just more of the same. Let’s hear from...
  10. Dot Heton

Does Anyone Use Their DVD Player Just for CD’s?

I picked up a NAD T534 off of Craigslist on the way to work and I’m wondering if I made a bad move. I want to tuck it in a console stereo just to play CD’s. So it won’t have a screen (the TV) to navigate, I’m hoping I can just put a CD in and use the buttons on the front panel. It came with a...
  11. Dot Heton

I bought a thrift record that turned out to be a time capsule

There’s no actual record inside, just a two year history of the women’s bowling league in the Minneapolis area from ‘59 to ‘61.
  12. Dot Heton

ID this old Lunker

Could it possibly be a transcription table from a radio station? I’m looking for something to put a DL-103 on. The arm looks kinda simple but I’m no expert.
  13. Dot Heton

What model Is My Akai Tube Powered R2R

I just picked it up and have been cleaning it inside and out. It’s a bit musty smelling. The heads have deep grooves from use, otherwise it clicks through the functions. I haven’t plugged it in yet to see if it works. I may recap the amps first so I’d like to know what model it is. It’s got to...
  14. Dot Heton

An Idea for those Huge TV consoles

I’m not going to get to this idea but maybe someone can get inspiration from it. Those huge old consoles with a TV don’t seem as desirable for a couple reasons. They are larger, heavy, and the tv is obsolete. Putting a flat screen in is a bad idea because looking down near the floor to watch TV...
  15. Dot Heton

Scanner frequency mod?

i bought a Realistic Pro 2023 scanner for $10 off CL. It’s kinda fun but I thought I could pick up FM and CB channels. Can it be modified to tune in more than it was designed for? Just curious, if not, oh well no big deal.
  16. Dot Heton

What device to control speed?

I have an Elac 10 that runs pretty fast. It responds to a variac so I know it can be controlled by lowering the power a bit. What can I buy that will do this?
  17. Dot Heton

2018’s Newest Record Cleaning Fad!!

Pressure washing, but not high pressure, just the pressure at the tap and some micro holes drilled in a PVC contraption that would hit both sides at once. I envision a soapy bath and scrub with a paint pad and a pressure rinse followed by a distilled water rinse. Everyone has seen how high...
  18. Dot Heton

Super Slick Stuff

I've had great luck with Super Slick Stuff since I bought it a few months ago. Last night I wanted to spray it into a scratchy pot to see what would happen. I held off because the pot would be too hard to get at in the cramped space of the boom box. The whole idea came from when I couldn’t find...
  19. Dot Heton

Have a Popsicle

20. Dot Heton

How are linear TT's with footfalls?

I'm having troubles with a Technics SL-1650 in my living room. It's a suspended table, I've adjusted the springs but I'm ready to move it to my basement system and try something else.
  21. Dot Heton

Who made Magnavox made in Japan tubes

I have a Magnavox Imperial, all the tubes are Magnavox and labeled Japan on them. I'm not too sure of the year but it has a tuning meter so that puts it in the '61 range. It's a biamped 6L6 based amp and I'm just curious as to who made the tubes in Japan.
  22. Dot Heton

Panasonic Tube Console

Some of you might have seen my post of a fuzzy picture with an Elac turntable. I was disappointed that the CL poster wouldn't return my emails. Well out of the blue today I got an email from the guy. Bottom pic is the crossover.
  23. Dot Heton

Identify Turntable and Tonearm

I love the looks of this big old arm on this thing. But what is it?
  24. Dot Heton

Do I own the rights to this piece of art?

I'm going to put out a vinyl record soon. The art on the cover is a major inspiration for the whole project. My distant relative made a few drawings while visiting back 16 years ago. He basically just left them at my grandmothers house when he left. I liked one quite a bit so i had it framed...
  25. Dot Heton

It Kills Me To Post a Link To This Magnavox

I know it's worth a lot more. I wanted to buy and flip but it's just not in the cards for me right now. I know someone will swoop in, promise to post about it. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/atq/5864099114.html Edit: Post deleted but pics below
Back
Top Bottom