Search results

1. D3vil99

Need help identifying pair of Philips Hi Fidelity International Speakers...

Proper audio equipment actually helps for gaming. I would never settle for a puny 2.1 setup. Surround sound is not my thing. The Sony is 1971, so now I'm trying to date the speakers. My father thinks mid 1970s. The manual says 1977, but that could simply be a printing date for the document...
  2. D3vil99

All I can say is they sound amazing. They aren't pumping sound speakers, made for smooth and relaxing listening. The tweeters are quite sharp and clear but not tinny and irritating. The mids are a dome, but they do have a surround which give its some momentum to move. I was actually surprised to...
  3. D3vil99

Wow, it's so nice too see other Philips products made in the past. By DIY you mean like you buy the drivers and then fit them into homemade cabinets? It could be possible but I doubt. I look through the catalogs on those two links mhardy posted. Philips made a similar shaped version known as...
  4. D3vil99

Thanks for the replies. These Philips came with a Sony TA-1010 and is now connected to it. Sounds amazing, even with the Sony only being 15W per channel. I know these speakers aren't made for high volume.
  5. D3vil99

... in fact I am looking for the model number and perhaps a specs sheet. I picked up these speakers today. I noticed the stickers where the serial number, watts, impedance etc. is missing on both speakers. I find it strange that the tweeters on both speakers are on the right hand side of the...
  6. D3vil99

Meanest Thing You've Ever Done to Audio Gear?

Few years ago my father bought a NAD 3020i from a 2nd hand shop, so we went home with it. While inspecting it and cleaning it up we accidentally wasted methylated spirits on the front panel causing it fade from black to gray. It looked absolutely crappy, so we rubbed the whole front panel with...
  7. D3vil99

Complete 70s AKAI System

Awesome Collection!
  8. D3vil99

Akai Who Has It

Akai is very underrated for some reason, just like JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, TEAC. Local people from my country is only interested in brand names, very few people like vintage stuff. This my main reason why I returned to this forum. Here I see stuff that I'm interested in. I've always had a soft...
  9. D3vil99

Don't all amplifiers sound the same..

Amplifiers don't sound the same, My NAD C300 has no bass performance compared to my Akai although the NAD is less noisy (with no input sound) compared to the Akai. I regularly switch between four sets of speaker and cables to see if it makes difference. There's no need to do any measurements of...
  10. D3vil99

UFO Caught On Tape!

Very alien, much tape. Wow.
  11. D3vil99

Japanese Gear

Akai built some real tough stuff back in those days, check out the Akai AS-980 with a quick Google. Pioneer gave good quality and value for money in one single pack, it think between the bunch JVC and Kenwood was the underdogs and Yamaha was the cream on top.
  12. D3vil99

Akai Who Has It

Right over here sir, owner of a 42 year old Akai AA-910 and still going strong.
  13. D3vil99

What's British in your system?

I have a pair of AR 18BX cabs, Made in England apparently.
  14. D3vil99

Akai AA-910, stuck tuner knob

Hello guys, I'm wondering if someone can help me. I have this Akai amp, it's 40 years old and in a very good condition but it has two little problems. 1st: The tuning knob is stuck, I'm not much of technician so my dad opened it up. We saw that the lead'ish weight has cracks around the little...
  15. D3vil99

Please help identify my PNR Speakers?

Hello, I was hoping someone can help me identify my Pioneer speakers. They have no serial numbers, model numbers or any type of info that might help in my search except for the tweeters, I don't know they were deliberately removed. They are Made In Taiwan with a model number of E66CP4510F on the...
Back
Top Bottom