Search results

1. T

Need a non-grooved record....

I have a few LP singles that have huge dead wax areas. I typically use them to set anti skate.
  2. T

Pickering XSV/3000 - D3000 retip or aftermarket?

Which option did you go with? He's offered up quite a few options !!!
  3. T

Pickering XSV/3000 - D3000 retip or aftermarket?

I have 2 D3000's and a Walco Shabata for my cartridge. One of the D3000 is definitely in need of replacement or a retip. The Walco has great sound, low hrs of use, but the cantilever is skewed over slightly. The other D3000 looks great under magnification, (currently in use) but can be...
  4. T

Tesla NZC 160 with Unitra MF 104 tracking force too big

Looks like a set screw on the left side of the weight which is probably holding it in place on the arm.
  5. T

Stylus Profile

I've seen the the virgin Mary appear in a slice of toast once. I immediately threw the toaster oven away...
  6. T

Magic Eraser cleans vinyl?

Just did 2 more rather poor lp's with great results. I don't know guys, say what you want, it's softer than a diamond and it's working surprisingly well.
  7. T

So maybe the Vodka was to blame? All I can say is it worked! Your results my vary..
  8. T

My copy of Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms was in poor condition, with a lot of surface noise. Dishwasher made no improvement at all and after 3 Vodkas I wanted to enjoy something special. I took the record over to my kitchen sink for a wash with a soft tooth brush. When I went to get the brush...
  9. T

Touch up paint color for Technics SL1200 silver?

Any info, I've got one small scratch back by the tone arm base that only I can see. You know, the kind of small tiny thing that can bother only the owner and nobody else can see???
  10. T

Do you like it loud or soft?

I close my eyes and pretend I'm at a concert. Last night, The House Martins were on stage.
  11. T

Budget Cartridge Shootout

The AT's, Ortofon and the M44.
  12. T

My $20 Technics...

That's an SL-23 in black. Had that table for years! Keep a fresh belt on it and it plays very well.
  13. T

New member of the 1200 owners group with a few questions

I've been searching the auction site for a clean 1200 as an upgrade to my 1510. Finally, I scored a gently used one out of LA, an SL1200-MKII. It made the journey from CA to NJ with no damage thanks to some very good packaging. It's clean with no signs of wear and tare, just one small scratch...
  14. T

Technics SL-1500 Speed Issue

Did you clean the pots under the platter? There are two of them, one for 45 and one for 33. Once you spray them, cycle them through their range. You'll have to reset them to center the external speed adjust pots. Take note of their orientation, that will get you close to start out.
  15. T

Are Columbia House versions of albums inferior by default?

Every one of my Columbia House pressings sound amazing. There clean, no IGD and no warping, centering issues.
  16. T

Very odd feedback from my sub

Perhaps it's time to look for a 1200?
  17. T

Woodj - Yes, I agree that's exactly what's happening. Strangest thing I've ever experienced in audio equipment. I was playing around a bit more, just a fingers pressure on the platter stops it completely, but let it go and I'm amazed at how intensely the platter begins to vibrate. I actually...
  18. T

Sub off and it's gone. While the platter is spinning I can get the volume up pretty good, normal listening volume is ok, but it I start to increase the volume to show off levels, it comes back but at a higher frequency, like maybe around 100 or more HZ.
  19. T

This just started happening with the addition of a big piece of furniture which has obviously changed the accustics of the room. Last night I was trying to figure out why, where and how the table is being effected. The system is in the closet on a shelving system which is mounted on the...
  20. T

Technics SL-23 speed problem

I owned that table for years and used to get the exact same thing happen from time to time. The internet wasn't around back then... Sigh.... Replace the belt and that slight speed issue will stabilize. Here's a tip: If your not using the table for a period of time, simply remove the belt...
  21. T

Steampunk Turntable

Great wow and flutter numbers....
  22. T

Blind Test: AT150MLx vs AT440MLa

Both sound nice, A is on the bright side.
  23. T

Another "new" XSV-3000 - initial review

The Pfanstiehl 4822-DEE stylus plays really well with the Pickering XSV. As recommended by needlestein here, I purchased it on eBay from seller needledaddy. Make sure it has a red dot on it and track it at at least 2g, and toss the brush in the trash. You might also have to tighten up the...
  24. T

Very Interesting!

What I find even more amusing is the fact that you're trusting an app on a I phone to accurately accomplish this "test". Seriously......
  25. T

Cheap (but decent) Turntables? (sub-$100)

I have a Technics SL-23 that's in excellent condition that I could part with. If you're interested, PM me to discuss.
Back
Top Bottom