Search results

1. Vinylmasters

Noisy Sansui SR-222

Throwing in my two bits here....... I'm seeing a lot of posts on forums for this problem now, and no one seems to have found out why, so..... This happens when the rubber motor mounts weaken and start to dry out. It's not the adjustment - it's the motor mounts themselves. Now to find the part......
  2. Vinylmasters

I can't believe there isn't one audio tech in the entire NY northeast

I;m being honest - read ALL of my posts. I WANT to use these again. ALL of them because each has qualities and setups the others do not (I generally ran 5 tables, for what it's worth). I NEVER used just one table or cart or stylus when doing transfers. I had each set up for specific uses. And...
  3. Vinylmasters

Not when it CAN be repaired. This stuff is NOT worn out. Not this guy. And we;re not talking about can openers here either, which obviously anyone would purchase a new one because it's cheap and MEANT to be thrown out when it wears out or breaks. NOT high end gear. Sheesh!!! Again, horrible reply.
  4. Vinylmasters

Well, yea, but again, I'd have more of the same because you don't know what you are getting used and have no warranty. I also LOVE the gear I have. I just want to be able to repair it while it still IS repairable. Why that is so hard for people to grasp, I have NO idea..... I noted some of the...
  5. Vinylmasters

Who is blaming AK??? I sure am not. That's quite ridiculous truthfully.
  6. Vinylmasters

OK. AGAIN - I acquired this stuff throughout the years. most of which was GIVEN to me. For a GOOD 15 years, I was able to get things repaired. I can't now. It wasn't like I just picked stuff up off the street! GAWD WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE NOW??? You have an issue with getting good gear...
  7. Vinylmasters

I'm not most, but I agree with your assessment. I have an uncle that was a tech, and he quit it long ago when it became cheaper to buy a new product than repair it (it's a throwaway world now sadly). To be honest, the last shop here that closed when the owner passed was so d*mn busy he couldn't...
  8. Vinylmasters

One thing s for sure - there are a few folks on here they will never end up with ANY of it. yea -I';m old. I'm beat up. I did audio restorations for years and own over 3000 records. The tables need the usual service. I WOULD STILL USE THEM IF I COULD GET THEM FIXED - yet I'm a hoarder? Really...
  9. Vinylmasters

OK. So I'm supposed to chuck out two JVC QL-Y55f tables then? Or a few higher end Technics tables? A Dual 1229 - and that's just for starters. HORRIBLE reply dude. HORRIBLE.
  10. Vinylmasters

I can't believe there isn't one audio tech in the entire NY northeast. I'm sitting on a ton of good gear that needs repair and no one to fix it. My Yamaha M-70 just popped something, and I can't find anyone within driving distance. Are we doomed??? :(
  11. Vinylmasters

Good subwoofer amp?

Not looking for a plate amp if I have to cut a hole in the sub and such.
  12. Vinylmasters

Good subwoofer amp?

The crazy thing is it actually sounds REALLY good through all of that. No 'hole' that was noted in those subs either (it's a Realistic Pro SW-12 sub), I didn't need to adjust a thing. I could leave it (receiver) dead flat - no EQ or anything - and it just sang. Those DBX subs were/are brutal bad...
  13. Vinylmasters

Good subwoofer amp?

Not sure where to post this one, but.... I'm running a 12" Radio Shack passive sub with KLH AV-1001 sats with of all things a DBX XB140 subwoofer amp off of a Sony SR-AV1070 receiver (it's 120 w. per ch.) but the sub amps just keep going (three now). I'm not sure of the specs and such on those...
  14. Vinylmasters

Yamaha preamp issues

Sending you a note.....
  15. Vinylmasters

Yamaha preamp issues

I bought some on EBay from the advice of avionic. Words of wisdom: replace ALL of them, not just what appears to be bad now.
  16. Vinylmasters

Technics SL-1301 speed problem

Nope. Only when you start it with the switch or manually. One DID have a stuck speed switch when I first got it, but once cleaned out it was fine. Maybe try re-cleaning them?
  17. Vinylmasters

Technics SL-1301 speed problem

Did you clean and re-lube everything? I would start there. (I have two SL-1301's myself!)
  18. Vinylmasters

The P-Mount owners club

Ironically, I almost had a 'well known re-tipper' pop a PSX-30 stylus into that Kenwood/Sansui/Sanyo cart since I had a few extras, but decided it wouldn't be worth it in the end. But that might be the only way to get anything except a conical for it. I know I never found anything but conicals...
  19. Vinylmasters

Thoughts on RXT6 and AT VM95

Odd that the RXT5 differs from the others! Maybe that's why it has always been my fav of the three? The M99 was a higher end p-mount, so maybe (I have no way of test them btw).
  20. Vinylmasters

Thoughts on RXT6 and AT VM95

Interesting! I have read here and there that some carts differed, but I wasn't sure which ones. I have all three of the original Radio Shack/Shure p-mounts (RXT5 as well), a M110 and M111, the 104 and 105E, M92E and various other carts with aftermarket styli on them (ex: a M99E with a LP Gear...
  21. Vinylmasters

The P-Mount owners club

I believe that is either a Kenwood V-67, Sansui SV-P212, or a Sanyo MG-14. The same cart either way. Only thing I ever found for it is a conical stylus: https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/catalog/part_detail.asp?PNumberBase=819&SearchType=MfgNameNeedles&MfgName=Japanese&Categories=
  22. Vinylmasters

Are P-mount tables viable for good sound?

I have bunches of p-mounts (it's all I've used now for a good 15-20 years anyway). I have four different models of Empire's T4P's. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. The Empire 875-XLT (Pfan 245 series) was probably the best of the bunch (original styli are very rare and pricey...
  23. Vinylmasters

So it's been a few years now.... Technics turntables...

Best way to put this.... I have two SL-1301's. I'm selling (or have sold) off two JVC QL-Y55's, a Dual 1229, and Empire 598 II because I didn't find them as good as the 1301's. Quite honestly. ANY of those metal-body Technics tables are extremely good.
Back
Top Bottom