Search results

1. CrawfishKing

Someone buy this pile of Infinity speakers...

Damn lol, wouldn't last up here in Canada either. Amazing he's having such a hard time selling...
  2. CrawfishKing

Powered Speakers - turning on and off

Its actually beneficial if the power strip has surge protection. I don't like plugging any of my gear directly into a wall, it freaks me out.
  3. CrawfishKing

Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

Thank you for your kind words and support Phil, its a hard thing to know for me for certain and its kept me on the fence for a long time. I know I'm not casual, I get far more out of it than that. I can see in other people that it doesn't effect me the same way as them. That being said, at the...
  4. CrawfishKing

Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

A friend of a friend, but I should really take the time to get to know him truth be told... as many of you know thats easier to say here than to the mirror or the people you live with. My Dad has been a good friend of his since may of 96.
  5. CrawfishKing

Focal aria 905's review

As a music producer and mix engineer I can say without a doubt Focals are by far my favorite speaker to work on. They are a very interesting sounding speaker while remaining incredibly neutral. Accurate, refined, full of nuance and non fatiguing. Simply a pleasure, someday I'll own a pair for...
  6. CrawfishKing

Oversized Bookshelves as Floorstanders... anyone else into this?

Haha yeah Gilbert Briggs had some pretty out of the box ideas. Right now in the bedroom it doesn't get used much but someday when I have my own place it'll be a great piece for background/dinner music or what not. Matt
  7. CrawfishKing

Sure, The top section of it has a super 3 tweeter and super 8 mid pointed upwards while all sides are vented. The bottom cab has a 15" woofer with the sides facing the wall open. Matt
  8. CrawfishKing

I find the pucks work great when they're not stacked or are just two stacked. Right now I have 3 stacked and while it's still effective I don't trust them as much with the dog around lol (the big guy on the right of my avatar). I started on stands with the tweeters at ear level. I was very...
  9. CrawfishKing

Interesting, I certainly wouldn't have thought on NS-690's or NS-1000 as bookshelves! You're right about needing to stay pretty close, The Klipsch being horns were able to cover a much bigger area, but this setup is working well because I'm in a much smaller room. At the time of the Klipsch I...
  10. CrawfishKing

Yamaha NS-430.. not too shabby!

Hi Canuck, I totatlly agree with your impression of these sleepers, I recently started a thread on them after discovering they sound incredible coming off the floor at an angle. They are holding up to my buddy's KEF 103.2 or my or Klipsch Tangent 200's that had a lot of upgrades. Hope you're...
  11. CrawfishKing

Yamaha NS-430 Speakers....are my ears deceiving me?!

Hi guys, I'd love too hear how you're setting up your NS-430's! I recently started a thread on them after discovering they sound incredible coming off the floor at an angle. They are holding up to my buddy's KEF 103.2 or my or Klipsch Tangent 200's that had a lot of upgrades. Hope you're all...
  12. CrawfishKing

Hi Joe, Everything you've said I completely agree with. The tweeters are pointed at my ears (they are bigger than a bookshelf - note the 3rd picture, the pillow is a tiny bit lower than where my head sits), and the speakers are on pucks to isolate from the floor. Good points for anybody...
  13. CrawfishKing

Hi guys, I'm just curious if anyone else has tried this with success. I used to love my Klipsch Tangent T200's on the floor angled up at me. There was even an era where my listening chair was also 2 ft off the ground. It filled the room in a pretty incredible way. I always attributed this to...
  14. CrawfishKing

Wharfedale/Tannoy DYI - Talk me in or out of it!

Hi guys! I've enjoyed my audio journey thus far, but am certainly in need of a change of speakers. When me and a good friend started the journey, our first real speakers were a set of Klipsch Tangent T200's for myself (I heavily improved the cabs, dampened the horn and upgraded the crossovers)...
  15. CrawfishKing

KEF 103.2 crossover upgrades

Hi Guys, I've recently bought a recap kit from Falcon Acoustics. I also have a resistor that is heavily corroded (R9). Unfortunately the resistor cannot be read anymore on either crossover. The 1st picture posted by Leesonic Shows it as a 1.5Ohm 2w resistor, the schematic I've located here...
  16. CrawfishKing

KEF 103.2 Recap Question

Hi guys, any feedback?
  17. CrawfishKing

KEF 103.2 Recap Question

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't been on Karma as much since the site was updated a while ago. I'm still finding my way around it a bit lol
  18. CrawfishKing

KEF 103.2 Recap Question

Bump
  19. CrawfishKing

KEF 103.2 Recap Question

Hey Guys, Here's the pictures, I'd really appreciate some feedback! Picture 1 shows the full board, the rectangle highlights the resistor I need to source, the ovals show the caps that weren't included in the kit. Picture 2 is a close up on the resistor. Picture 3 is the only schematic...
  20. CrawfishKing

KEF 103.2 Recap Question

Hello Guys, I'm about to undertake recapping a set of KEF 103.2's for a good friend of mine. I'm hopeful that you guys can shed a little light in the corners of this project so to speak, as it seems info is pretty scarce on the web. Firstly, the resistor in R9 in badly corroded, it should be...
  21. CrawfishKing

Wires, Wires, Wires: How do you keep them tidy?

I've had elastic bands melt if close to a floor vent or tubes. Only once, but it was messy enough that I've never done it again lol Matt
  22. CrawfishKing

Wires, Wires, Wires: How do you keep them tidy?

I never keep my speaker grills on, so I use them to blackout the rats nest behind my main system. The speaker cables travel under the area rug to stay discreet. Matt
  23. CrawfishKing

issue with rb300 cueing platform

I don't have this arm, but if I'm understanding your issue properly my old Sumiko MMT Premier had the same thing going on. Folks here advised me to change the fluid in the cueing mechanism. I don't know that this is the best one so you may want to dig around a bit, but heres an example of what...
  24. CrawfishKing

Who started the white cone trend in the 70's?

Yes... unfortunately theres a lot of rotten eggs out there. It would be interesting if there was a way to track what portion of NS-10 mixes needed an overhaul at the mastering stage.
  25. CrawfishKing

Who started the white cone trend in the 70's?

Yeah, I've never been a fan of them in the limited audition time I've had. I've also find it quite comical, but it goes to show its what you do with the tools, not the tools themselves that dictate a mix. I've recently been interning at a mastering studio in Toronto (The Lacquer Channel) and...
Back
Top Bottom