Search results

1. BTSs

Inputs Sonab P4000 amplifier

Yes. The switch and pin setup is shown in the bottom left hand corner of page 3 in the PDF. Tony
  2. BTSs

Inputs Sonab P4000 amplifier

With the switch in the ON position the pre-amp feeds straight to the amp. In the OFF position it splits to two separate units. With a cable plugged into the socket the pre signal can be run off to graphic equalizer then returned back to the amp side. You could use the pre amp to feed a different...
  3. BTSs

Technics SU-V6 restoration and upgrades - anything for preventative maintenance?

Sadly these sliders have lead to the death of many of this series of Technics integrates. The sliders fill with crud over the years becoming hard to move. Owners keep trying to select one thing to another which leads to snapping the cable on the selector switch end. Can even damage the selector...
  4. BTSs

Dummy Load: Step-By-Step...?

Thought I`d throw this in there. Ugly for sure but cheep and effective. I added an old computer fan that can be switched on full time or through a temp switch that turns it on and off when needed. I usually set it up to test two channels with 180 watts at 8 ohms but there are several...
  5. BTSs

Technics SU-V9 no relay click, class A lamp was blown replaced it then also no relay click.

With mine I found 2 cracked solder joints on the main board and 3 or 4 cracked joints on the speaker and ohm selection board. Had to change the 2 DC off set pots on that same board. Everything has worked fine since. Tony
  6. BTSs

Beomaster 6000 cap/service list

Which Beomaster 6000? I had the same problem with my 2252 (mid 80`s) model. As you upped the volume to about 40% it would trip out. There is a small cap C1,4n7 in the Fault switch circuit and C222,C122 47u on the amp boards, once these were replaced it worked fine. One day I will do a full recap...
  7. BTSs

Your Favorite Middle-Range Receivers/Int Amps

Fitting the 30 to 60W range, My favourite, more for sentimental reasons. I bought it new its been carted around half of the country. Dropped, bashed and carrying a few scares but it still works. Technics SA250. Other receivers, Sonab R3000 Beomaster 5000 Beomaster 3000 Beocenter 9000 (though...
  8. BTSs

Nikko Owners--Show us your stuff!

Have a 5055 that was given to me some 5-6 years ago. Turned it on and most of the lights worked. On the inside Plugged the speakers in, one channel not working and after about a minute the channel that was working crackled and blow the driver in my test speakers. Since then its been siting...
  9. BTSs

Technics SE-9060 DC Offset Adjustment Range Problem

Have you tried changing the pot? My 9060 has never given me any trouble but in my V9 and V4X I have had to replace a few.
  10. BTSs

DIN PLUG?

All that I know is that with half my gear being Din, the other half RCA, wether it be line level or speaker cable I have ended up with a heap of adaptors to jump from one to the other. All Din would be so much easier.
  11. BTSs

Dim Bulb Tester diagram pictorial... please feel free to copy and post.

I copied this diagram a couple of years ago to build my tester. It has stopped smoke escaping from a build on more than one occasion. Very handy tool. The first time I used the tester I put a new bulb in, it was a dud. Had me scratching my head for ages trying to figure what I had done wrong in...
  12. BTSs

Technics cable replacement

I had my V9 out for its annual service (lots of dust around the house). Opening it up reminded me of a modification I did some 18 months ago. This mod is for the dreaded cable damage done when the selector sliders seize up after years of neglect. People seem to use more force than they should...
  13. BTSs

High Current amp determination

I find it hard to compare different speakers even within the same brand so none of this my be relevant. I have a pair of MG-1.5`s, 85dB/2.83v/m @500Hz, compared to the SMG-a, 90dB/2.83v/m @500Hz. I have tried several amps of various brands (nothing high end that's for sure) ranging from 25 to...
  14. BTSs

Onkyo T-9, No Power

From what I read some years ago the T-4 though nice did not quiet come up to the T-9. But that was one persons view and as we know with audio everyone has a different view on things.
  15. BTSs

Onkyo T-9, No Power

Great to see you sorted it out. The T9 has to be one of the better tuners around. I envy your A-7, A-10`s. I have an A-5 which punches way above its weight but one of its bigger brothers wound be nice.
  16. BTSs

Technics SU-V9 adjusment procedure questions

Well there has been a bit added since I was here last time, not that I could add much as most of it is going over my head. Thought I`d add a pic of my bulb tester though. The shorted plug in one socket is for testing the light globe. I had a dud globe once which had me confused for awhile. You...
  17. BTSs

Technics SU-V9 adjusment procedure questions

As said, use resistors. Speaker are not always what they say. I made up some resistors to load at 6.3 ohm and 6.7 load so as to check that the relay changed over when it should.
  18. BTSs

Technics SU-V9

Well I`ll be, got two of these and did not realise there was a stereo button. (that's embarrassing)
  19. BTSs

Anyone tried the AMP CAMP AMP Kit?

From what I have read the ACA was Nelson`s way of making it very simple for the first time DIYers to build an amp. Simple pcb needing few parts, learn how to solder and away you go. It now seems to have taken on a life of its own. People have wanted more and more, the PCB`s have changed, the...
  20. BTSs

Average Age Here?

Old enough to know better but too young to care.
  21. BTSs

Class A amplifier heatsink temperature

I have not noticed my V4X running that hot specially compared to the SU X90 that sits on top of it. I will have to chech them both out. Neither is hot compared to the couple of small Pass amps I have built. 55 deg C (131 F) on a cool day. Not the sort of thing I run during the summer months.
  22. BTSs

Technics V9. (the dreaded none clicking relay)

What a great day. Sun is shining and the V9 is thumping out music in the background. Picked up some resistors this morning to give a 6.5 load, changed the VR resistors then went through and did the measurements and adjustments again. VR701 and 2 are still a bit tricky to adjust, more because...
  23. BTSs

Well how THICK am I. Put some resistors together to get 6 ohm (2x 3.3 was giving 6.8) than ran the test again remembering to keep TP703 ground. What a difference. Adjustment of VR701 and 2 are now roughly centred. Tomorrow I will get some resistors to get closer to 6.5 ohms and change out VR701...
  24. BTSs

Ok spent today going over the detection circuit board. Checked Q701 to 707 volts. All but the B on Q702 were in spec. Volts on B was varying between .3 to 50mv. Checked volts off Q604-E terminal was .6. Cut and resoldered the cable coming up to the board J20. Now have .6 volts at B on Q702...
  25. BTSs

With main speaker OFF and TP703 earthed there is 16.6 volts at TP701 and 2. With main speaker ON and 8 ohm load volts drop to approx 14.6. Measured volts at IC701 earlier. With 8 ohm load measurements were close to spec. With 3.3 ohm load( no 4 ohm res), 1 & 7 read -15.6. 3 & 5 went to -3.3 volts.
Back
Top Bottom