Search results

1. beginnersluk

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

picked up david bowies blue jeans 45 yesterday at the goodwill amongst the 30 or so records weve bought there over the last month
  2. beginnersluk

Opinion on SA-7500II / TX-6500II combo

Well I am going on I believe two months using this set up (I have the tx-6500 though not the ii, not a huge difference) I drive a pair of DCM Timepeices with them. My thoughts so far is I am extremely comfortable with the 275 that I have tied up in the set. Power light is out on mine along with...
  3. beginnersluk

Teac, Sansui, or HK tapedeck. Save?

Sounds like a plan, I am going to get rolling on the HK here soon.
  4. beginnersluk

Which one would be the most worthwhile though to salvage? Personally I like the way the Teac looks the best but thats superficial, curious which will give me better sound.
  5. beginnersluk

All three have the same issue by the way, motor spins, but they refuse to play any music
  6. beginnersluk

I have this tape deck I wound up with at no charge, its kind of Wonky before I really start messing with it I am wondering if it is worth hanging onto? I have a reasonable collection of cassettes and would be nice to play them again, not sure if I should try to save this one or save one of my...
  7. beginnersluk

Beware!!!!

I am confused
  8. beginnersluk

Opinions Wanted: Best Windshield Wipers for the Money

Bosch Microedge if it is available for your car. Silent, lasted forever on my buick, and great tight fit to the windsheild with good clearence even with the heavy pollen and dust
  9. beginnersluk

Most underrated bands

Rockabilly, the genre in general does not seem to get much airplay or recognition Three Bad Jacks, The Chop Tops, Hillbilly Moon Explosion come to mind a lot, great bands in my opinion with a pretty close cult following but not a whole lot of recognition.
  10. beginnersluk

*runs back to AK and curls in a ball*

Now those sites I do lurk a good deal on but don't activly participate. Kind of like the third page of google, If I can not find what I am looking for on AK I will go lurk around a little, and no not 4chan or any of those I really only hit those for a laugh once in a while kind of like 9gag
  11. beginnersluk

Old musician new(ish) projects

Oh interesting, I was not aware that was who changed in, Surprisingly enough Firehouse is pretty good. King Cobra I dig. I was relistening to some of the Artists that have came together live over the years that surprised me like the Taylor Swift and Def Leppard combination as well.
  12. beginnersluk

Just try it...You might like it

Most recently started listening to more blues, blues rock, and "older" tunes I normally don't think much of.
  13. beginnersluk

I actually agree with you, I think this thread was looked into far deeper than was intended. For me in regards to "best gear" If I cant afford it I dont bother listening as is since I prefer tangible more current goals, I am willing to listen to all matter of opinions on gear but in the end it...
  14. beginnersluk

really? i don't want to be rude but...

Good concept, bad execution. I have seen some systems like this very well designed for exactly what was mentioned early, portable party in the backwoods somewhere. At a better price would be worth it for the speaks though, those kenwoods are decent for car audio and kicker gets pretty loud and...
  15. beginnersluk

Worst Cover Versions of All Time

Agree with Manson. There are some great covers out today though in my opinion like Aidens-Cry Little Sister or The Used with MCR covering Under Pressure (not to mention a ton more) I have a soft spot for covers and have a ton! However We The Kings butchered Caught up in you, Disturbed missed the...
  16. beginnersluk

someday ill learn how to use the quote multiple people system on here... for now I will just respond generally lol. Long story short I wasn't really surprised or culture shocked at the treatment and attitude on said forum I attempted joining lol, just primarily began as a small humerous rant...
  17. beginnersluk

The biggest problem is respect. Here in AK even when there is a difference of opinion regardless of how strongly some feel about it, responses 98% of the time are respectful, coherent, and well worded. One of the largest problems I have with people within my age and generational range is the...
  18. beginnersluk

Ironically enough a big part of why I am on this forum...I really dont care for a lot of my generations opinions, views, ideals, nor the way that most of my generation interacts with each other online or in person. I agree on the vintage comments though most of AK seems to be part of a bygone...
  19. beginnersluk

Old musician new(ish) projects

"firehouse" and "kind cobra" Im actually unfamiliar with (now opening up mog to check them out" Mike Portney in A7X is very much new to me, has that been from the get go or is this a new addition?
  20. beginnersluk

I agree with you on a few points, obviously everyone wants to have there beliefs or ideas vindicated, and I can sit through even unpolite veiwpoints being expressed when there is actually some truth behind them. My point of the original post was not to advocate or state that vintage is always...
  21. beginnersluk

I typically dont bother "firing back" its kind of pointless in a forum to do so lol. My friends locally that pick on me about my equip or have these same ideas about their shelf system vs my equipment usually only hold there argument long enough for me to hit the play button then comes the...
  22. beginnersluk

"lighting up" a Tube

Thats why I want to get a bit more experience with this sort of thing before I go messing around with more complicted peices
  23. beginnersluk

I seem to think that A lot even in life situation, talking to friends about audio gear etc and im like "This would not be happening right now if I was at home on AK"
  24. beginnersluk

Prior to right now, have not heard of them. Just wrote them down though in the notebook of "stuff to listen to tonight" that is at 6 pages from this mornings AK adventure!
Back
Top Bottom