Search results

1. beginnersluk

Teac, Sansui, or HK tapedeck. Save?

I have this tape deck I wound up with at no charge, its kind of Wonky before I really start messing with it I am wondering if it is worth hanging onto? I have a reasonable collection of cassettes and would be nice to play them again, not sure if I should try to save this one or save one of my...
  2. beginnersluk

*runs back to AK and curls in a ball*

Is pretty much what I just did. I am bored this morning and though "lets check out some other music only forums and see what sort of topics there are" So what happened was I registered to (not naming forum) and posted a simple introduction, listed some bands I enjoy, a quick synapsis on some...
  3. beginnersluk

Old musician new(ish) projects

I am just curious what other well known musicians have other projects or things out there, not to mention opinions from people. Examples that I am on about right now SixxAm (founded by Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue) Serj Tankian of System of a Down going solo (old news, new to me) But also...
  4. beginnersluk

Modern music

So I am digging around a lot lately for new music. I adore AK like no other but I notice there is not too much discussion going around about todays music (in a positive sense) and no I am not talking about beiber etc...Long story short Im going to throw up a small list of some bands I am digging...
  5. beginnersluk

Cable DIY question

So I am annoyed with having to get up out of bed and walk across the room to select a new tune, time for a longer 3.5mm to LR RCA cable. I have a nice 3.5mm, and a good set of RCA ends as well. But what do I put between the two of them? Looked around on Parts-E but can not seem to find...
  6. beginnersluk

Creepy Music??

So playing around listening to music, came across O Willow Waly from "The Innocents" movie...now I am kind of in the mood for spine tingly or creepy music. I figure some of you here in AK would have some good suggestions?
  7. beginnersluk

Mog...Wow

So I route the laptop view headphone-rca adapter cord. I avidly listen to pandora, utilize youtube for music. I just signed up for MOG, took me all of 4 songs to decide to upgrade to primo. The sound quality is awesome for streaming and sadly I believe the highest quality audio I have put...
  8. beginnersluk

"lighting up" a Tube

So I have been doing a lot of digging and looking at schematic for tube style art. What I am wondering after seeing a lot of complicated schematics and breadboard style builds I am curious. Would a 12v Wallwart safely light a vacuum tube? If im not mistaken the wallwart takes the 120 and steps...
  9. beginnersluk

Confused on Caps

I am looking up replacement caps for my Admiral and I am quite confused as there are so many types with the same numbers... (3) .005MFD, 600VDC (1).05MFD, 200VDC (2)p6 CAP.1, WV600 (1)p6 CAP.002, WV6000 Thats the list of wax caps I am just not sure what style or type to replace...
  10. beginnersluk

Steampunk Anyone?

After the overwhelming amount of response and help in regards to my thread looking for junk tubes I decided to post this and give a little back If any of you AK members out there like Steampunk art, repurposed tube art etc please by all means pm me, or post here your ideas or things you would...
  11. beginnersluk

Amplifier/integrated suggestions?

I am currently listening on a set of DCM Timepieces with full bass mods. I run a Pioneer SA-7500ii with TX-6500 tuner to power them. I would like to move the Pioneers into the livingroom for a different set of speaks, but want the DCM's in the bedroom. The speakers sound nice off this amp but I...
  12. beginnersluk

Fundraising for a fallen soldier and friend

I have been debating which forum to place this in, or to place it in general and decided to move ahead. A good friend of mine Cpl Julian Ortiz took his life after a short battle with PTSD after his latest tour overseas. It has been a trying week to say the least. The family are having trouble...
  13. beginnersluk

Admiral 6c71-10a1 tube project

I just picked up this thing today, the intention is to restore it and give myself a nice introduction to working with and on tube amplifiers. So far it is semi functional, it was plugged in when I picked it up and was demonstrated to me to have a slight hum, which translates into this thing...
  14. beginnersluk

Thank you to anytune

Recently completed a great deal with user anytune, communication was great, information and shipping was prompt, Packaging was absolutely outstanding and the tuner itself was beautiful and precisely as described. I look forward to doing further business and would recommend him to anyone. Again...
  15. beginnersluk

Mcs 3253?

So I am curious, is it worth finding a missing button, doing a basic cleaning and giving it a run? Seems to have every feature under the sun. Does not sound the greatest but generally I believe the pots etc just need a good deoxit and lubing and it is fairly grimy I am wondering if anyone has...
  16. beginnersluk

How do I match my system

So I recently aquired a Pioneer SA-7500ii and I am curious what the matched tuner is for this series, and are there pre-amps that match the unit as well? I have bounced around a bit online and cant seem to find an old brochure or anything that shows the matched equipment. I would love to make...
  17. beginnersluk

Replacement glass?

Is there anywhere that sells replacement Glass and or parts besides Ebay? I have been trying to hunt down the glass for a pioneer 636 and am having a heck of a time
  18. beginnersluk

Solid State Improvements?

I am just curious if there are any standard improvements for older solid state. I have this little claricon that has become a pet project and slightly sentimental. I love the sound, but It does not power my speakers quite where they need along with the typical little bit of static and wiggly RCA...
  19. beginnersluk

Car Audio Questions

So I have recently aquired a pair of Kenwood Excelon 12s in a Qlogic enclosure. The subs are in pristine shape however I can not seem to get much bass or volume from them. My amp had my single polk hitting like a beast and is matched very well to these subs. I am wondering if maybe I need to...
  20. beginnersluk

These blew me away

So I have never sat and listened to music just because I love the speakers untill recently. I went over to a good friend and audio-nuts house because he had "something freaking awesome" to show me and when I get there, expecting another awesome ADS find, or his 4th set of 7070s he discovered and...
  21. beginnersluk

DCM and Realistic, should I buy em?

So I am looking at a pair of realistic optimus 27 speakers for 75$ and a pair of DCM Time peice with full time bass separates for 200$ I like the sound of both sets and they would work out well with my setup I am just wondering if this sounds like a good deal or not and some opinions on the...
  22. beginnersluk

Helping needy families read this year

In the spirit of the holidays I have cancelled the "I need money for christmas" trip to sell my 100 or more books to the bookstore. I have posted a local ad on craigslist with little luck and thought maybe some of you out in the AK world would know someone, or want some help yourself. I am...
  23. beginnersluk

Do modifications effect resell value?

I would like to modify my pioneer 202w reverb a little bit. I am considering an LED strip behind the display, and maybe playing with the case a little. I know further down the road I will become bored with it and throw it up for sale. Do things like this severely effect value? Or does it really...
  24. beginnersluk

AR 2AX, Marantz Imperial 7s...

I will get a little more detail on exactly whats good or bad but the question we have is are these worth repairing and putting the time into, or should we try part them or utilize the drivers for DIY or other builds? These are laying around the shop and we are just unsure what to do with them...
  25. beginnersluk

Paranormal investigators

So I am laying in bed, my girlfriend is watching one of those paranormal shows. It really seems to me that 99% of these shows are full of illogical easily frightened hosts...Just a random rant...Currently this particular show is investigating a "haunted cabin" they had left a taperecorder on and...
Back
Top Bottom