Search results

1. RCA guy

JBL 2269H subwoofer build

On this "old" but venerable thread, the question was raised "With M2s, Is a subwoofer needed?" My answer is yes. Because the published f3 of the M2 is 37Hz, and piano A0 is 27.5Hz, 5-string electric bass goes to 30Hz, and double bass viol with C-extension to 32.7Hz. Furthermore unlike...
  2. RCA guy

Help with phono cart loading, the dB & perception, listener envelopment?

I can think of many audio issues that you might agree warrant conversation. But rather than my starting multiple threads of indeterminant interest, what about a link to my papers, and invite your questions, feedback, or prompting spinoff of topics of their own? Free .pdf downloads are at...
  3. RCA guy

New book: "American Radio Then & Now" at Amazon/Kindle!

In RCA guy's new memoir/history book, stories representing thousands of local radio & TV stations across the USA are told in "American Radio Then & Now: Stories of Local Radio from the Golden Age." A Best Seller on Kindle in pre-order, it is all about first live mass medium of radio, celebrities...
  4. RCA guy

SL-1300 MK2 78 rpm mod

Great sleuthing! How does one mod an SP-25 to add 78rpm?
  5. RCA guy

Electro-Voice E-V Fours - Good find?

Late to this party, the L-pads get dirty on my 4a's, then the mids/tweeters work again. Still respectable sound. Bought in 1969, I wonder if the "indefinite warranty" will be needed someday?!
  6. RCA guy

Cartridge Loading

I've had several requests for clarifications for the paper on C-loading and channel balancing, and so have revised a few sections, captions, simplified one figure, and added two new figures. There was a needed clarification in Appendix A's modifications for the A-310 PCB. It's the paper dated...
  7. RCA guy

Cartridge Loading

I've had several requests for clarifications for the paper on C-loading and channel balancing, and so have revised a few sections, captions, simplified one figure, and added two new figures. There was a needed clarification in Appendix A's modifications for the A-310 PCB. Again it's the bottom...
  8. RCA guy

Cartridge Loading

JBLguy & dumptruck chalk up one vote for your details! I'll try the Stanton impedances to compare with the test record results in my paper above.
  9. RCA guy

Cartridge Loading

Proper capacitive loading and channel balancing A new White Paper with suggestions I hope will be helpful to AK members is the last entry at - http://filmaker.com/papers.htm - Please let me know if you implement them, and how they work for you? Thanks to my informal "peer review committee" for...
  10. RCA guy

Stanton & Pickering Handbook

(Deleted an accidentally dupicated post.)
  11. RCA guy

Kent, since you know Richard, you know he has a Supplement in the works that will be distributed free to existing Handbook owners. Continuing his "painstaking" research, he's gathering info before it is lost forever to us about how, in the phonograph world of too much sleeze, to maintain...
  12. RCA guy

Now having finished the Pickering & Stanton Handbook by Richard Steinfeld, it's a virtual gold mine. Not just compiled from his data as a dealer, internet research, or any other published sources, his book includes exclusive information from personal interviews of Stanton's engineers, who...
  13. RCA guy

My impressions thus far are that a lot of disparate information has been rather painstaking gathered to be in one place. It is thoughtfully and very clearly written, jiving factually with things I know to be true, but revealing a lot I didn't know. And as an audio engineer, I appreciate several...
  14. RCA guy

The author suggests AudioKarma members email him directly at rsteinbook@sonic.net.
  15. RCA guy

I got the ordering info below directly from the author. The price reflects the niche market, but this book could have saved me from making a mistake buying a replacement needle! The author is already working on the free supplement purchasers will receive, distributed online, to keep the book...
  16. RCA guy

Just received "The Handbook for Stanton and Pickering Phonograph Cartridges and Styli" by Richard Steinfeld. I've had time so far only for a cursory glance that exceeded my expectations. It's on top of my reading pile, and I wondered whether others on AK who are ahead of me on this want to weigh in?
Back
Top Bottom