Search results

1. Tapehead47

Yesterday's Tomorrow Today

Article archives from Modern Mechanix Magazine! A Crazy Collection of Computer products from the 70s and 80s. http://blog.modernmechanix.com/new-products-4/
  2. Tapehead47

Our traditional familly dressing

This is the recipe my Austrian grandmother used back in Brooklyn. It's been passed down to my Mom, then my sister, and many family members. I bring it to Thanksgiving meals we are invited to. Everyone loves it. I love almost any sort of dressing/stuffing, but this is a family favorite...
  3. Tapehead47

Simple Pickled eggs

I used a jar of leftover Boars Head dill pickle juice and added 8 hard boiled eggs. Should be ready by this weekend. I love pickled eggs :yes:
  4. Tapehead47

Got a trailcam just for fun!

I don't hunt, but where we live there seems to be critters roaming in our backyard (acre with a fence and a pasture beyond, and a stream and lots of tree and bush nurseries) which is great for wildlife. No deer for years now. We get signs of animals like possums and raccoons tracking our...
  5. Tapehead47

A Sad, dad day for Tapehead47

:tears: Lost my best friend today. He was my devoted pal and companion for 13 years and this morning was hit by a car. Had to have him put down. It's easy to type 'put down' but it as very difficult to verbalize at the vet. I will miss him dearly forever. RIP, Oz. They'll never be...
  6. Tapehead47

Can't wait to get my Steiner Compact Binocs!

They're the small 8x22 Safari. We're planning a cruise vacation on Regent next June from Vancouver to Anchorage. I have some binocs, but nothing special. Lusted for Steiner (or Zeiss, etc) for years but finally had to lay out some bucks. Hey, for $180 thru the Big'a' I thought it was a...
  7. Tapehead47

Do use a driveway alarm?

I have for over 10 years. The ManCave is about 500-600ft from the driveway, and it's good to know when someone is dropping by or a UPS/FedX shipment is arriving, or an unexpected intruder is there. I paid about $140 for my first one. It was a real pain to set up, but worked well most of...
  8. Tapehead47

Got a good Crepe Recipe?

When I was a little kid in Brooklyn Grandma made what she called "egg pancakes". It was a batter she whipped up and would pour some into a big black skillet and swirl it around. She's pile up a few of them on a large plate and serve them with some sort of jelly rolled into them. One of my...
  9. Tapehead47

What's your recipe for French Toast?

I love it, but my recipe just doesn't measure up to my late Dad's version. I use white bread, eggs, a bit of milk, a dash of vanilla, some cinnamon. Sometimes I soak the bread in the mix, other times I coat the bread quickly. Then I butter the griddle and cook the toast until it's browned on...
  10. Tapehead47

Real Player Cloud? How can I avoid it. And what is it?

Realplayer has usually been good to me. I download instructional vids for learning, and entertaining vids to email to friends. Music vids and other things that interest me. But this awful 'cloud' has rained on my parade. :thumbsdn: I don't want it! So I removed realplayer from my pc...
  11. Tapehead47

Coyotes come to town

Our cat, Ivory, went missing a couple of months ago. Put up the usual 'missing cat' sign. Noticed other signs in the area about folks missing their pets, too. I just knew it had to be coyotes responsible. We live in an area with lots of open acreage with cows and horses, etc. And homes on...
  12. Tapehead47

Genius idea to help the energy crisis.....

Yankee ingenuity at it's best https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU :thmbsp:
  13. Tapehead47

Searching for a bluetooth speaker for my daughter

Hey, guys. There are so many little powered rechargeable Bluetooth enabled portable speakers on Amazon I'm getting blinded looking for one. I want to spend about $50-100 bucks on a nice speaker for a gift. She moved to San Francisco a couple of months ago to begin a new chapter in her life...
  14. Tapehead47

A new Hand-made kife for me!

Anybody have a hand made knife? I've always wanted one and finally bought this at Springfest in Anna Maria Island, Florida this weekend. Not really exotic but simple, like me! Just something I can strap on when camping. And show off to my friends and brothers. Made by Bob Legler of Kansas...
  15. Tapehead47

My life will never be the same

Some of you may remember me from the past. My life has changed over the last 2 years. When I was teaching high school I found out I was severely anemic. Could hardly walk 100 feet without being out of breath. I thought it would pass, but it didn't. So I went to see a doctor. He had my...
  16. Tapehead47

Purchased my first mp3 player

I've had Walkman cassette players/recorders. Minidisc players, portable CD players and all sorts of schtuff to that effect. My daughter loaned me an ipod a few years ago and it drove me crazy with the iTunes. Absolutely hated using it. So intrusive. So years went by and all I used...
  17. Tapehead47

Your Favorite ACTION HEROES! Ah-nold, Chuck Norris, James Bond, Clint, John Wayne...

I get totally immersed in action/sci-fi flicks. They take us away to forget everyday mundane experiences. I'm not asking for Academy Award winners. Just the guys who you like to enjoy to escape. How about Harrison Ford, Kurt Russell, Mel Gibson, Russel Crowe, Denzel Washington, Steve...
  18. Tapehead47

Classics at the Zephyrhills Autofest today

Nothing man-made appeals to my eye more than beautiful automobiles! It's industrial design at the art level. Whether stock right off the showroom floor, or customized in a personal attempt at expression it's all good to me :yes: This is the Fall show at the fairgrounds. And only a small...
  19. Tapehead47

I shook hands with Don Garlits today!

A friend of mine, Joe, had some business with Big Daddy in Ocala and invited me along. Don was very cordial and took us on a private tour of the facilities. Here he starts up an old flathead on an engine stand he created DSC00602 by tapehead47, on Flickr A '32 Ford with an Olds engine...
  20. Tapehead47

Whipping up a batch of Jerky

It's been about 10 years since the last time! Back then I used a dehydrator, but this time it's the oven. The dehydrator was a cheap bargain store dealy, and a royal pain to clean and store. I never would have thought the oven could do the job. But while searching for recipes online I...
  21. Tapehead47

I'm prepping for whatever.....

A couple of weeks ago, when the gov't warned us it would shut down, I had a cold chill run up my spine. I couldn't sleep that nite and had all these morbid thoughts. I'm usually pretty much happy-go-lucky, but it suddenly hit me right in the face. Previously I'd compiled a bunch of...
  22. Tapehead47

Any Florida State football fans?

Looking pretty good this year! :yes::yes::yes:
  23. Tapehead47

Any opinion on Dr. Dre headphones?

I've never even seen a pair, but just read in the news some punks busted into a shop with a Jeep and stole 4 pair of them worth $1100. Is there anything special about them or more likely a trendy item, like celebrity sneakers?:scratch2:
  24. Tapehead47

Interesting experiments with sound waves

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/embed?f=2457f30327d7" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=93d_1376047043
  25. Tapehead47

Guess what this was....

You'll either gasp or laugh when I reveal it.... I'd like to hear some guesses, though DSC00287 by tapehead47, on Flickr
Back
Top Bottom