Search results

1. Glen B

pre amp out/main amp in ---*jumperless*

No desoldering necessary. Just clip the cap and coil leads, then use external jumpers.
  2. Glen B

What's the worst audio stuff you've ever seen?

That may seem funny to you but Google the company, and you will find they have a very broad and impressive resume that includes aerospace engineering, aircraft subcontracting, and shipbuilding. A DVD player is child's play for such a company to manufacture. Check the power cords on some of...
  3. Glen B

Hi from New York, NY

Welcome from Brooklyn.
  4. Glen B

Cerwin Vega D7's...Please talk me out of them?

C-Vs aren't as bad as many people make them out to be. I owned D9s, 380SEs and AT-15s back in the '80s and early '90s. I've come full circle, replacing the separate pro subs, and MID/HF cabs in my party system with a pair of C-V DX9s. I just had too much gear sitting around taking up space for...
  5. Glen B

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

I've found DeOxit to work very well on spotting and haziness. Spray the DeOxit on a soft cloth, rub well onto the face, then buff, turning the cloth frequently.
  6. Glen B

Wireless kit for subwoofer?

I use the Outlaw Audio OAW-3 wireless systems for both 2-channel and subs. They work flawlessly. Audioengine also makes a wireless system. http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/OAW3.html http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Wireless/W3-Wireless-Audio-Adapter
  7. Glen B

Isolation transformer for audio?

Here are commercially manufactured products for audio/home theater use, employing multiple balanced isolation transformers, each feeding a separate duplex outlet. Two of them are made by ExactPower Corp. ExactPower Website
  8. Glen B

Power conditioning, protection, and triggering.

Remember 10A at 240V is 2,400 watts. That is the same power as North American 20A at 120V.
  9. Glen B

CD player connection options

Looking at the schematics for various Sony STR-GX-00ES receivers, they all employ IC switching and identical buffers on the high level inputs. Therefore, it should not matter where you connect a CD player. Labels (CD, DAT, Aux, etc are only for convenience).
  10. Glen B

finally completed my BAT stack

Now all that's needed is a BAT cave to house the stack. :D
  11. Glen B

Cerwin Vega AT-12's - a good buy or goodbye?

$150.00 is a good price, I would grab them before someone else does. In theory, you should get better midrange performance from the AT-12s' 3-way design and dedicated midrange driver versus your 2-way AT-8s. In addition, the increased oomph of the 12-inch woofers over 8-inch is a no-brainer...
  12. Glen B

Deteriorating captive RCA leads on old Turntables

Many years ago, I simply replaced the captive cables of my Denon DP59L with premium quality RCA jacks, and a binding post for the ground wire.
  13. Glen B

Show your JBLs off

14. Glen B

Classe audio CA-2200

Congratulations! Nice acquisition. You will find that performance will make a significant jump with a better preamp.
  15. Glen B

Espresso lovers - what machine do you have?

In its defence, pods are individual servings, sealed in an airtight pouch where none of the flavor escapes as long as its unopened. They also offer a wider variety of espressos from which to choose. I do also use fresh ground espresso.
  16. Glen B

Espresso lovers - what machine do you have?

I enjoy a nice cappuccino or americano made at home daily. I recently replaced my DeLonghi espresso maker with a Gaggia New Baby model. I use mostly ESE pods after finding an online store that carries a wide range of gourmet Italian espresso pods. What espresso machine do you have?
  17. Glen B

Joe Cocker has passed away!

I just saw this. A sad day. RIP Joe.
  18. Glen B

Isolation transformer for audio?

No the Surgex product will not break any code. It is UL listed for installation as a subpanel. It does not employ balanced power.
  19. Glen B

Bi-amp and RCA Y Cable

It should not be a problem. I drive two subs from a single LFE output of my HT system AVR using a Y-adapter.
  20. Glen B

polarized power plug

I am highly doubtful the fuse/breaker will open. The current flow through water is not great enough, and will be "seen" by the fuse/breaker as a normal load.
  21. Glen B

polarized power plug

IMO, the answer is "C". The GFCI should trip before the dryer can start running ("A").
  22. Glen B

What home audio speaker is is capable of the most bass?

On paper, older model C-Vs with a single 15" woofer, seem like they should go lower than the XLS-215s. The older C-Vs are spec'd between 25Hz - 29Hz (no tolerance given) depending on model, whereas the XLS-215s are spec'd at 36Hz, -10dB (per manufacturer's published info on the webpage), a...
  23. Glen B

My main system: where would you upgrade?

I would at least replace that Walmart outdoor extension cord being used as speaker cable with something better, like some kind of OFC copper, of which there are many brands to choose.
  24. Glen B

My 4 Cerwin Vega Speaker !!!

That's wild! :D I've owned both of those CVs in the past. I agree on the reflections. Drop a rug on that bare floor, between the speakers and listening spot.
Back
Top Bottom