Search results

1. Sebandwhit

Hello! My name is Sebastian and I have a vintage stereo addiciton.

Hahaha, yea it looks like I've finally found my way home. Thanks everyone.
  2. Sebandwhit

Telefunken Boom box needs power cord

I actually had an old boom box that needed the same style cord. I just got my dremel out and shave off some of the edges. It worked well.
  3. Sebandwhit

Mystery speakers? Need some help identifying them. Home made?

I found it interesting that the cones are the same. One basket looks to be a more refined build. But they are very close to being exact in size. I do wish they had same magnet structure. They both are supper efficient though. These cabinets had all of these speakers wired together like a spider...
  4. Sebandwhit

Low-Fi/Mid-Fi/Hi-Fi //Vintage?

Thanks! Unfortunately... I no longer own that one. It was one of the only receivers I ever regret selling. Maybe one day it will find its way home! lol
  5. Sebandwhit

So as I look back at my pictures I realized we had 4 cabinets. Basically two sets of different cabinets. Two of them had 1 18" mystery speaker, and 1 2245h jbl in each cabinet. The other two speaker cabinets (much taller) had 2 knight 615hc speakers, 1 Utah 15" coaxial, and 1 8" Phillips...
  6. Sebandwhit

Low-Fi/Mid-Fi/Hi-Fi //Vintage?

For some reason I tend to like the less popular receivers of the low/mid ranges. Don't get me wrong... I have owned many receivers that get much praise. But I think there is some joy in having something that sounds great and is a bit different. That being said I enjoyed a Scott R77s for a long...
  7. Sebandwhit

I know what you mean about the aircraft vibe. I was given them from a friend, who inherited them from family, who got them from a previous tenant. they were in cabinets made of junk plywood scraps. Every screw was different on the cabinets. Other speakers included in the cabinets were two JBL...
  8. Sebandwhit

Unfortunately... I don't think that's gonna happen.
  9. Sebandwhit

They are definitely interesting! I really like the style of them.
  10. Sebandwhit

Hello, I recently came across this pair of 18" speakers. They were installed in some plywood cabinets that were about 6ftx6ftx3ft. Im trying to figure out what they are... or who might have made them... or any info really! They both appear to have the same cone but different dust caps. If you...
  11. Sebandwhit

I appreciate the kind welcome. Thanks
  12. Sebandwhit

Hello, Yea... so my name is Sebastian and I have a vintage stereo addiction! Hey at least I can admit it right? lol. I'm from central California. My first memories of listening to any music were of my grandfather and his Sansui 7070 with Altec vott setup. Then my father had a Marantz 2235...
  13. Sebandwhit

Pioneer sx-440 FM issues

I will give it a try! Thanks
  14. Sebandwhit

Pioneer sx-440 FM issues

I don't think so, but I guess it is possible. If so... what to do?
  15. Sebandwhit

Pioneer sx-440 FM issues

I just bought a really nice black faced sx-440 and have really enjoyed it greatly until today. It was fully functional but the volume was scratchy. So I went ahead and opened it up to clean the volume pots (deoxit). Once I put the cover back on and turned it on the FM section was just static...
Back
Top Bottom