Search results

1. iplagolf

SX-1000TD Odd problem - hoping for some help

OK, see if he wants to sell it. I asked where you are. I don't want this unit scraped. I can fix it.. Don't give up, you are exactly what this what ever we are needs to keep this going.....I just have more equipment and a little more knowledge, like Ben Hogan said about his golf game, I dug it...
  2. iplagolf

SX-1000TD Odd problem - hoping for some help

Spark1. I'm sorry you though in the towel. I've been following this thread with much interest from the beginning. I rebuilt one of these about 3 years ago, I didn't have the problems you had but I had my ups and downs. From what I could find out about this unit it was only made in 1967 and for...
  3. iplagolf

Pioneer SX-680 recap - right channel dead

Check the caps on the volume control. Did you change them? I re-capped a SX1000TD a few years ago. Put the caps in per the schematic, right channel dead but a faint sound when turned all the way up, just like yours. Flipped the cap, sound. Schematic was wrong.
  4. iplagolf

Tube Kit recommendations

Hello, try Erhard Audio. Check out his web site.
  5. iplagolf

Learning to Recap / Restore Vintage Receivers

I wonder if Treker ever re-capped his Marantz?
  6. iplagolf

Classic Receiver & Vintage Speaker pairings

I can't believe no one even mentioned Frazier speakers. Does anyone know Frazier speakers? I have a Pioneer SX1000TD paired with Mediterranean Frazier speakers and an Eico ST-40 paired with F12-4H speakers. Very efficient, a lovely sound with any type of music. The Med's are on the outside, the...
  7. iplagolf

Dokorder history?

I have had the 1120, it was a fine deck with no problems. I bought a 7500 about six years ago for $25 dollars with the dust cover still sealed in the box. The seller told me its didn't work. It didn't, it was so gummed up (old lube). Cleaned it all up and it had all functions but no sound. A...
  8. iplagolf

Need help troubleshoot intermittent crackling in left channel

I may have missed something here. You say when you swap speakers from one side to the other, the popping switches to the other channel? If this is correct I'd look at the speaker that has the popping. Speakers also have caps in the crossovers, they do go bad. You may have NO problem with the...
  9. iplagolf

Best/your favorite sounding vintage receiver under $500 today?

I have had a Pioneer SX1000TD for several years. I think I paid $150 for it. The sound was always good but after I did a total re-cap it is amazing.
  10. iplagolf

QUAD303: Need help diagnosing: Its blowing a whistle on left channel.

Ok, you said the board was flipped over and a number of solder joints came in contact with the metal casing. Can you ID the parts, i.e., caps, resistors etc that their legs and solder joints came in contact with metal. Did you hear any popping when the contact was made? Can you post a good close...
  11. iplagolf

Any die hard tube guys ever use solid state gear for part of the year

I have a Pioneer SX1000TD I've had for 7+ years. After the second year it started popping like a pop corn popper. I shelved it until last year when I re-capped it and changed 4 transistors. I listen to a lot of FM but also use it for RTR, phono. I also have an Eico St-40 I got from an AK member...
  12. iplagolf

Dynakit ST70 Complete restoration Project

Great videos, looking forward to more!
  13. iplagolf

Will I burn my tubes faster with this loudspeaker ?

Hello to the Philippines...I believe the other question is, will I damage these speakers using this amp? If the amp requirements are 100 wpc min. and 200 wpc recommended a 35 wpc amp would have to drive very hard to power these speakers. Amp runs hotter and the speakers clip because of no head...
  14. iplagolf

Pioneer SX1000TD phono stage

Hello...I did a complete re-cap and transistor replacement on this unit last summer. I have noticed that while playing records the phono stage volume is less than when I an playing tapes or CD's in Aux. When in other modes with the volume at the 9 o'clock position on the knob, depending on the...
  15. iplagolf

Eico RP-100 RTR need info...

I need a users and service manual for it. I looked at HiFiEngine and nothing there. Any ideas? Thank you.
  16. iplagolf

Pioneer SX-525 Strange sounds - Source of issue?

Hello...I have a SX1000TD, The pop when turning on is normal, just make sure the volume is off. The rat-a-tat is caps. This unit is old enough to replace all the electrolytic ones. I believe there are 4 transistors that are also suspect, change them too. It is not a hard job to do if you have a...
  17. iplagolf

Revox A77 won't record

Hello, I completely rebuilt my A77 this past year. New caps and pots. Calibrated it using the Revox service manual. It recorded and played back as it should. I use it mostly for playback, but as I said I have used it to record. Yesterday I recorded some music on it and when I went to play it...
  18. iplagolf

Pioneer SX-1000TD left channel dead after re-cap

Hello...Here are the readings on the caps from the main amp board. The readings are mirror images of each other. I believe on C811/812 need to be measured in Millivolts, I'll re-check that tomorrow as will read the other boards. I do have a question, the negative side of C813/814 is 37.0 VDC...
  19. iplagolf

Hello...Went back through the power supply board today all my readings match yours. Since I have one channel working would that suggest the PS board is good, it's a mono board so to say, no right or left? The numbers you mention D305 and D306, on my schematic I find a D905 and D906 some of the...
  20. iplagolf

Hello...Posted a while back about this receiver. Life got in the way, yada, yada...I re-capped it and changed some problematic transistors. I checked the voltages on the boards today (see pic's) they seen ok, on the power supply board the output pin 5 says 78V (64V) got 82V, pin 6, 35V have...
  21. iplagolf

Pioneer SX-1000TD questions

Caps are good. As soon as I get up and running with my new Rigol DS1054Z I'll trace the preamp and amp boards to find the problem. Leaning towards a transistor(s) problem.
  22. iplagolf

Hello...There are 2 0.22mf-25V caps directly under the volume pot. The canned air would not have got to them when I blew the pot off. If one or both were wet, one or both could have shorted. I'll swap them out in the morning and see what happens.
  23. iplagolf

Hello...I finally got around to re-capping a 51 year old receiver. When I took it out of service about 4 years ago it had what sounded like popcorn popping from the speakers no matter what mode it was in. Yesterday I plugged it into a dim bulb tester into a Variac into the wall socket for a...
  24. iplagolf

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

I use mine every day. Back in the day I couldn't afford one. Now I have 4, Teac A-6300, Dokorder 7500, Foster E-2, Revox A77. I've had Sansui's. Tandbergs, Ampex, etc., love them all...
  25. iplagolf

Anyone re-cap a Revox A77, is this cap list correct?

Hello, acquired a Revox A77, circa 1971-72 by the serial number. I'm going to re-cap the electrolytic, tantalum, Rifa and paper cap. I went through the service manual twice and 33 caps seems very low number compared to other decks I've done. This is my first Revox. Can anyone tell me yea or nay...
Back
Top Bottom