Search results

1. T

Help in Building A Pair of DIY Klipsch La Scala Speakers

Dear forum members- I am considering building a diy pair of Klipsch La Scala speakers. Could anyone elaborate on their journey in building a pair of La Scala speakers. Would like to know about the plans I should use, the difficulty of making the speakers (I have done some woodworking)...
  2. T

Pro-Ject 2s vs SMSL M500 (or other recommendation)

I am interested in purchasing a DAC/Headphone Amp under $1000. I am considering Pro-Ject 2s or the SMSL M500. They are MQA compatible. Not sure I will use MQA but thought it might good to have this option. When reading reviews from Amazon and Crutchfield it appears that the Pro-Ject 2s has...
  3. T

Learning to Build A Tube Amplifier

Thanks harlan. Have looking stereo console missed this one. Thanks again.
  4. T

Heyraz, Thanks again for your help. On eBay what did you look under? Vintage audio equipment, stereo consoles, etc.? Thanks. So far no luck finding an old tube stereo console on Craigslist. Thanks Greg
  5. T

Is Anyone Familiar With Aussie Video on How To Build A Tube Amp?

Thanks for responding to my message. This week I went to a number of flea markets/thrift stores but know luck finding a tube stereo console. I live in Southwest Missouri (USA). Will continue to look for unit. Any suggestions on where I can obtain the amp you describe (other than eBay)? I...
  6. T

Hayraz thanks for the further comments and resources. Where is the best place to try to find old consoles? Which consoles are the best to look for? Only seen Magnavox on Craiglist. Thanks so much for your thoughts and suggestions. Greatly appreciated.
  7. T

Jeff just a beginner. Trying to find some type of instruction on building a tube amp. Seems the way to go is either a kit or something like the DVD set. Would like to get seminar or school to learn but cannot find available. Thanks for your note.
  8. T

When looking for resources to build my own tube amplifier I came across the following DVD set from Australia that instructs you how to build a tube amplifier. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/P2-DVD-program-BUILD-your-own-hi-fi-VALVE-TUBE-amplifier-construction-guide-300B-/251752794542 Has anyone...
  9. T

Heyraz thanks for your ideas as well. It sound like another good approach. I bet you learned a lot with approach you took. Thanks again for your assistance. Greg
  10. T

Stu, Thanks so much for responding to my request. I really felt I could identify with you since you said you were where I am 5 years ago. Regarding the old equipment, any brand/model recommendations? I assume in order would be magnavox, zenith, and RCA. Went to craigslist that were...
  11. T

Thanks everyone for responding to my message. I really appreciate your time and your suggestions. There are very helpful. Stu thanks for relating to my situation. It is encouraging. Again, thanks so much for everyones thoughts and suggestions. Greg
  12. T

Dandy thanks for the information. Greatly appreciated.
  13. T

Thanks for everyone's input. Greatly appreciated. Greg
  14. T

Smaug, thanks for the offer. Would like to discuss with you. Not sure how to send PM (assume you mean private message). I am new to site and still learning. Thanks Greg
  15. T

On my bucket list is to learn how to build a tube amplifier. I am retired and live in the Springfield, MO area. Over the past 3 years i have tried to find someone to teach me how to build a tube amp with no success. I have also tried to form an audio club in the area but there is little if no...
  16. T

Any Interest In An Audio Club In Springfield, MO Area?

Please contact me if you are interested in forming an audio club in the Springfield, MO area. Thanks Greg
Back
Top Bottom