Search results

1. NaimNut

ANDREW JONES (MoFi) Sourcepoint 10

Sourcepoint 8’s EISA 2023/24 Stand Mount Speaker of The Year. Praised by most reviewers. Now 25% off. Stands 50% off Wanted to try a 8” concentric driver because of my listening preferences. I purchased without auditioning. Smooth, detailed & balanced. Impressed. YMMV
  2. NaimNut

What is the "British sound"?

After 25 years of purchasing & listening to audio I realized I preferred (purchased) British audio gear and listen to mostly British music.
  3. NaimNut

New JBL-L82-Classics?

One of my favourite reviews loves the L100's The L100 Classics only "look" like the 70's version. I too am interested in the L82's when available.
  4. NaimNut

Upgraded to Naim Nova - Very Impressed!

Awesome What speakers would you be looking at? I'm going to upgrade my unitilite and was thinking about listening to Spendor A4's
  5. NaimNut

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

On the Patio BBQ'g listening to Radio Paradise with the pup
  6. NaimNut

System Side & Back

I was playing the album on Tidal HIFI. Enjoyed Kind of Blue so much I ordered the remastered 180gr album from Amazon. Delivery is Monday. Love the streaming. I'm listening and buying more music than ever before.
  7. NaimNut

System Side & Back

Thanks Rome, Here is a top view.
  8. NaimNut

System Side & Back

9. NaimNut

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

While on the treadmill.
  10. NaimNut

Internet Radio Stations

Radio Paradise @ AAC 320kb/s Naim Radio @ MP3 320kb/s
  11. NaimNut

What small speaker has surprised you with bass output?

My B&W Matrix 805's http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/869/#dC2r2WRPDbPlzsWr.97 http://kenrockwell.com/audio/b-w/matrix-805.htm#intro
  12. NaimNut

Looking to Replace B&W Matrix805's

Just read this. http://kenrockwell.com/audio/b-w/matrix-805.htm Seems like the speakers still perform well by today's standards.
  13. NaimNut

The 805's sound amazing to me. I was thinking modern speakers may have more to offer. At 22 years old should these speakers get some maintenance? Like the ferrofluid in the tweeter or the caps in the crossovers? I guess I feel I'm missing out. Admittedly when at a friends house with his paradigm...
  14. NaimNut

Geez, Checked out the price of the 40.2. $15000. Ha. I would like to spend a 1/4 of that. Maybe a little more. So my Matrix 805's are still relevant today when compared to newer offerings? Thx
  15. NaimNut

double post
  16. NaimNut

Hi, I'm looking to update my speakers. Not sure how much I need to spend to better what I have. I may consider compact floor standing as well. I listen to alternative rock/post punk like Radiohead and New Order. Some jazz. Some instrumental. No classical. My amp is a Naim UnitiLite Any...
  17. NaimNut

Audio Ideas Guide

Subscribed to the magazine until its final print and had a test CD as well. Went to the site for the first time in years today and there doesn't seem to be much happening since 2013.
  18. NaimNut

What TT's do you folks have

Updated pic of my Thorens 160B MkII, Basik LV-X, AT 95e
  19. NaimNut

Thorens owners group

My Thorens 160 B MkII with Linn Basik LVX Tonearm
  20. NaimNut

Going Analog!

Agreed, I just got back into vinyl and its not about what is better or worse. There is room for both formats. Just a note though, I played Kid A on my TT and both my daughters who don't care for Radiohead (I play it often in lossless ripped from my CD) said they preferred the TT sound and...
  21. NaimNut

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The The Mind Bomb
Back
Top Bottom