Search results

1. iwilson

Albums vs Album Sides vs Songs...

Rarely listen to less than a side, sometimes most of a side. For example, I usually skip 'we will fall' from the stooges first album or, 'more fool me' from selling england
  2. iwilson

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

King Crimson in Japan:
  3. iwilson

Turntable Newbie with Gerrard Type A (just acquired).. What do I have? LOL

That's a good cart and was originally sold with the table
  4. iwilson

Taking Apart and Oiling Garrard Type A?

They are tanks and spouse proof. Mine's been in the living room for a while until now. Back as primary while I change the cables on my SL 95b. Loving the solid up front sound with rhetorically shure MD-7
  5. iwilson

JJ or Sovtek?

I actually have seen that Frannie . Good read. Do you think the 7027 was merely a marketing ploy?
  6. iwilson

JJ or Sovtek?

Tom, I know th 6L6 is interchangeable with the 7027. I've read elsewhere that the plate voltage is higher in the latter is that an issue with the SC 60?
  7. iwilson

JJ or Sovtek?

I do want to acquire NOS over time but I cant be without my baby until then and will need replacements soon. so I'm leaning toward sticking with JJ's. Got lucky last time hope so again
  8. iwilson

JJ or Sovtek?

So, it is finally time for new output tubes for my Stromberg Carlson Stereo 60, which takes 4 7027's. I have had JJ's for over twelve years and they have been faithful performers, clean, strong and detailed. I have heard good things about Sovtek and thought it might be cool to try something...
  9. iwilson

Do you like the new format???

will take a little getting used to but, ' I can't quit you AK!' doesnt work with taptalk anymore, though
  10. iwilson

is it worth it ?

Oh yeah. Very desirable. Fetching $450 + in williamsburg Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  11. iwilson

The Wall. Which one?

US first pressing sounds great never bothered w/anything else Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  12. iwilson

JBL L200 restoration

beautiful speakers and restoration, enjoy!
  13. iwilson

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms

I agree, great sounding record, love the bass extension on a lot of 80's pressings
  14. iwilson

Jico SAS for my Dual 1219 and Shure V15 ?

how many hours on the styli? are you using enough tracking force and counter weight? neither of those carts are known to be overly sibilant. try cleaning the stylus. the SAS will improve whatever there is
  15. iwilson

promo records on coloured vinyl

Steely Dan aja yellow vinyl, Canadian pressing Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  16. iwilson

Beatles songs by other Groups

The Silkie do a great hide your love away Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  17. iwilson

What was the last movie you watched?

Mad max fury road Greatest thing I've ever seen Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  18. iwilson

My Fisher 400 died today!

Good stuff Larry I'm learning a lot from your posts Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  19. iwilson

Cool Scott console NYC CL

Love my s-c amp also. It says custom console but looks well made Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  20. iwilson

Favorite "Under the Radar" movie?

Midnight showing of rock and roll high school was my first time allowed out late. New yorker theater. Gone now, alas Street Kings based on a minor Elroy work is pretty good neo noir Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  21. iwilson

In Jail For A Loud Stereo (someone asked)

No, that's a new one. Cops in nyc might get outta the car to take a dump. Now in charlotte this cat called the cops on himself, said he was breaking out, paranoid, etc. I finally talk them out the door turn around he's dialing 911 on himself again! Had to hide the phone Sent from my SGH-T769...
  22. iwilson

Pre-out on integrated amp?

Used mine for digital recording Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  23. iwilson

Yellow Sky....then pink....in NY

Red sky at night sailor's delight Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  24. iwilson

Legit Beatles?

They look right but someone who's worked in pressing plant could confirm the format Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
  25. iwilson

Collector of cans

I second the pics notion Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
Back
Top Bottom