Search results

1. G

MCS 3125 Owners Thread

Hi guys! I just picked up a 3125 with 8330 phase linear speakers for $40. The unit was a bit dirty somive been cleaning it. I hooked it up and the left channel,is a it wonky. It clears up when I fiddle with the defeat button. Going to clean it some more tomorrow. Then on to the speakers.
  2. G

Sansui FR 5080 hum

Here is the situation, I have a Sansui FR 5080 and I get a distinct hum when playing LP's. It is not noticible when playing at low to low moderate level. When I start to increase the volume the hum starts to become noticeable in my wharfedale W70D speakers. When I switch to my KLH 6's it is not...
  3. G

KLH 23 recap

4u
  4. G

Wharfedale Owners Thread

I just opened my W70D to see what's inside so I can start looking for caps for a recap and this is what I found. Recap already done. Speakers bothe date to 11/67. Anyone know what these caps are. Looked like they said sprague under the tape. I didn't fiddle to much. What kind of caps are better...
  5. G

KLH 23 recap

I am starting a recap of a pair of KLH 23's that I will be gifting to a friend. I pulled the 12" and there is only one cap to replace. Easy enough because my electric experience is recapping my KLH 6's and nothing more. My question is what is the bar with the coil around it and should I replace...
  6. G

Wharfedale Owners Thread

W70D vs. KLH model 6 I have direct experience with the W70d and the model 6. I have then both hooked up to my Marantz 2245. The W70D on the inside flanked by the 6's. To be honest the 6's are the newer with the electrolytic caps which I replaced 2 years ago. I also had to source original 12"...
  7. G

2245 Both channels cutting out

I have a 2245 and both channels are cutting in and out at different times. It only seems to happen when it is on the phono stage. I am going to give it a detox later today. My question is is there and area that I should focus on. I plan on cleaning the Phono RCA in as well. Thank you.
  8. G

Marantz Recap

Anyone? Anyone one near western Pa?
  9. G

Best Phono Stage

Which Marantz has the best phono stage? 2 channel or 4 channel?
  10. G

Marantz Recap

Reviving this thread because I am an idiot and put western Pa instead of eastern Pa.4
  11. G

Wharfedale Owners Thread

Any one have and badges for a pair of W70D's?
  12. G

Fr- 5080 tt

I am having some trouble with my TT turning off. Lately once the record is over the arm finishes and comes back. The light never shuts off and the record restarts. Anyone have an idea why is causing this?
  13. G

Marantz Recap

Just wondering who to go to to get this done. I have a 2270, 2245, and a 2220 that could all use a recap. So i have begun saving and will do one at a time. Does anyone have any suggestions. I live in eastern Pa.
  14. G

Wharfedale Owners Thread

I am heading out Saturday to get PIO caps for my W70D's and W60D MKII. Does anyone have a list of caps that I'll need? I am having trouble finding the information and am running short on time. Thanks in advance.
  15. G

Wharfedale Owners Thread

I know they are 6 ohm, I am wondering the impedance range. Also the efficiency.
  16. G

Marantz Speaker Matching.

Yeah I figured only I can tell what is the best for me but was interested to hear any suggestions. I am going to start with the 2270 with the Sansui's in the TV room, the 2245 and the W70D's as the main rig and the 2220 and KLH 6 in the bed room. the will put the W60's on the bench and start...
  17. G

Wharfedale Owners Thread

Anyone know the impedance ratings for W60D MKII and W70D MKII?
  18. G

Marantz Speaker Matching.

I am moving and will be setting up 3 rigs. The rooms are Norma size and not real big. Here is what I have 2220, 2245, 2270, KLH 6, Sansui SP3700A, Wharfedale W60D MKII, And Wharfedale W70D MKII. I have a few ideas what's going to be paired up to what and will change thing around. Just wondering...
  19. G

2 channel or 4 channel

I am just wondering about the pros and cons. I love my 2220 and 2245 and I am super excited to get my 2270 back and listen to it. I wonder if a 4 channel would make it that that much better.
  20. G

So I picked up a 2270 and I've been reading up on how I should not run to sets of speakers because it will drop from a 8 ohm load to a 4 ohm load and it is not good with a 4 ohm load. Has anyone used a impeadence matching speaker switch? Results? Thanks.
  21. G

Wharfedale Owners Thread

Is there anything on the cheep that I could do to add ohms that would make it a safer load?
  22. G

Wharfedale Owners Thread

You have to excuse me because I am not very informed about these things and I am learning as I go. So you are saying that if I run two pairs of 8 ohm speakers it creates a 4 ohm load.
  23. G

Wharfedale Owners Thread

I don't plan on cranking it it up to 11, but i do like to listen loud once and a while. I see what you are saying and I will start keeping my eyes open for a Fisher or a Scott. What would be the best model? As for my speakers I run my 70's with KLH 6's stacked on top. They are about 6" off the...
  24. G

Wharfedale Owners Thread

I am hopefully picking up a Marantz 2270 and was wondering if it is too much to run my W70D's MKII and W60D's MKII? I will not be rattling the neighbors windows but I do like to turn them up once and awhile. Thanks.
  25. G

Thanks, it's a deal I just can't pass up. I won't be listening at ear splitting levels.
Back
Top Bottom