Search results

1. IMTubeHead

Need Help Identifying the Value of my Father's Vintage Fisher Radios

Thank you for letting me know! I appreciate the help. : )
  2. IMTubeHead

Thank you for all of your help, Dave. It's greatly appreciated. My dad spoke very highly of you when he would talk to me about this forum. Thank you for the information concerning where I can sell these radios, I'm definitely going to consider becoming a subscriber so that I can sell these...
  3. IMTubeHead

Thank you so much Larry, all of your help means a lot to me. I'll be sure to look at his older threads to get more info about his radios.
  4. IMTubeHead

Thank you so much for your help with this! It's greatly appreciated. : )
  5. IMTubeHead

Hello to all on Audio Karma! I'm Natalie Gadeikis, the daughter of John Gadeikis, who was previously an active member on this forum. He was a fanatical Fisher Radio collector, and has a total of 7 Fisher products. John passed away earlier this month, and in a previous conversation I had with...
  6. IMTubeHead

400 EYETUBE ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE WRONG

Thank you Larry! Good catch! Noted... John
  7. IMTubeHead

Fisher SA300 on ebay !!NOT ORIGINAL OPT'S!!

It would have been smarter if the OP would have rewound those Fisher OPT's. Reminds me of something stupid I did back when I was 18 and still a genius...I had a '67 Olds 442 with a 12 bolt differential(heavy duty type). I blew the gears in it so went to the junkyard(do they still have those?)to...
  8. IMTubeHead

New Fisher 400 RIAA Network

Well, needed something to do while waiting for a Mouser order to update my X-101-C, so I thought I'd make an honest effort to replace my current RIAA network in my 400 with one which has better quality components with tighter tolerances, and specs that are right on the money thanks to the...
  9. IMTubeHead

My Hobby Prior To Fisher FM Receivers...R/C Planes

HA!! Flying off the workbench is what happens, but very slow. This hobby is even more tedious than building planes, hands down!! Mainly due to the fact that Fishers have tubes and very high voltages and I don't want to get ZAPPED if you know what I mean! Keeps me on my toes! Why don't you visit...
  10. IMTubeHead

You SHOULD get that Piper out and fly it! That's a really nice flying plane. It's not quarter scale, is it? Well, not with a 80 Saito on it...must be a bit smaller. You know, today's generation really gets me....everything has to be RIGHT NOW!! No patience, can't wait, if it doesn't work, throw...
  11. IMTubeHead

Too Funny!!! Secret Squirrel... John
  12. IMTubeHead

NOW I remember this plane!!! WOW, that is a beauty! I knew a couple of guys that had models of this. Much cooler looking than the Pitt's Special, in my opinion. Have you flown it? I'll bet your knees will shake when you do!! Mine would for sure....me with my dumb thumbs flying a primo model like...
  13. IMTubeHead

Uh...NOT! I've gone flying with a Sig "Astro Hog" that I built, had an OS 91 Surpass 4 stroke powering it, and it wasn't that old yet, and I thought I would be cute and try to do some really neat aerobatic stuff....well, I didn't have a lot of experience yet and when I attempted to recover from...
  14. IMTubeHead

Thanks guys, for the nice comments. The wife is gone but I kept the plane on my king sized bed! haha Sfox52, your Christen Eagle is a biplane, correct? if I remember, that's a really fine flying plane, and is known for being highly aerobatic. Those were very popular back in the 90's. The Pitt's...
  15. IMTubeHead

I forgot to add descriptions to several of the pics I had posted yesterday, so here's the poop. I'll number them from 1 to 10(pics from Post #1), beginning with the first 3 thumbnails below my signature; 1- Assembled and ready to go, baby!!! 2- One of the more tedious parts of finishing the...
  16. IMTubeHead

New RCA's for 1000A

Very NICE job, Larry! I want to have a 1000A someday just to try something different, and also because I already know it's a good receiver because you've invested a lot of your time and efforts into yours...must be good, right? John
  17. IMTubeHead

Fisher 400 owners PLEASE READ....IMPORTANT!!!!

Thank you, Larry for those numbers and dates for my OPT's. I'm going to save that info because it's good to know for my own personal reference. Maybe the "AM" means the morning shift, and you know how those day shifters are, right?....all hung over and seeing double. Can you imagine having to...
  18. IMTubeHead

Thank you for your nice comment. I started out with a trainer and worked my way up gradually to a low wing aerobatic style. My absolute favorite plane was my Super Chipmunk from Carl Goldberg Models, which are now defunct I think. Had a 63" wingspan and I installed functional flaps on it for...
  19. IMTubeHead

Just a few more pics... John
  20. IMTubeHead

Hi All, Just wanted to post a few pics of my Extra 230(72" wingspan) that I built back around 1993. I flew it only once(I had my friend, who was a whiz kid, stand by in case I froze up or flipped out) and it had my knees shaking because this is in my opinion my very best work to date...and most...
  21. IMTubeHead

Bruce, I know exactly what you mean, as I had to make a few moves to unhook and slide out one of my 400's in order to get the requested OPT numbers and unit serial #. Mine isn't in a cabinet, so that wasn't an issue. John
  22. IMTubeHead

Dave G, thank you SO MUCH for posting the procedure for testing the primary impedance of our OPT's! Being somewhat electronically challenged, I didn't know how to do this, and I'm very happy to learn something new to slide under my belt for future reference...hmmph, electronic stuff is about the...
  23. IMTubeHead

Here's all of the codes from my 400's: Dammit, All of the numbers got scrunched after posting. Anyway, you guys'll get it...;) SERIAL RF TUBES OPT SUFFIX EIA CODE 58753W 6 AX 352552 60669W 6 AX...
  24. IMTubeHead

Larry, Great work as usual...Thank you for your research into this confusing mess. Those manual guys at Fisher must have been smoking some pretty good weed, eh?:boring: I'll get you the info from my 400's ASAP. John
  25. IMTubeHead

Improving the Fisher X-101C

Joe, thank you for your efforts drawing up Dave's modifications, and also for all of your very helpful tips and photos of the speaker switch and the small circuit board markup. I've recently gotten ahold of my very own X-101-C, so I referred to this thread....better late than never. I have to...
Back
Top Bottom