Search results

1. Swilton

White Oak Phase Linear 400

I have a donor Phase Linear 400 laying here, and it's lacking purpose. I'm considering running it through the White Oak upgrades, and I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the process. 1. If I do it myself, what's it cost? How many hours involved? 2. If I send it off to somebody else...
  2. Swilton

Someone to haul speakers from Oregon to Minnesota?

Hi, There’s a set of KEF 107 speakers in Oregon that I’d love to buy if I could get them to Minnesota. They’re big and heavy, 46” x 18” x 14” and they weigh 100# each. I know it’s unlikely, but I’ll post this on the chance that somebody is taking a cross country road trip. I’d be happy to...
  3. Swilton

Searching for Audio Tech in Central Minnesota

Anybody know a good audio tech in the middle part of the state? Somewhere around St. Cloud, Alexandria, Fergus, Fargo, Brainerd or that area would be helpful. I have a couple of vintage receivers I'd like to have worked on.
  4. Swilton

Minnesota to Beloit, WI to Little Rock, AR to Chicago & home to MN

I'm heading out Sunday, April 3rd from St. Cloud, Minnesota. I'll be in Beloit, WI Sunday afternoon, and heading south from there to Little Rock, AR by Monday afternoon. Tuesday evening I'll be leaving Little Rock and heading back north to Kenosha, WI. Leaving from there Thursday afternoon...
  5. Swilton

Mostly Empty Pickup--driving from Lake Charles, LA to Minneapolis, MN

Sometime in the next 2-3 weeks I'll be driving from Lake Charles, LA to Minneapolis, MN. I'm hoping to locate a set of speakers along the way, but if I can't my pickup will be mostly empty. It has a topper and a few blankets in the back for protection from the elements. It's lockable and a...
  6. Swilton

Anybody want to haul speakers from Michigan to Minnesota?

...or maybe to somewhere in Wisconsin or Iowa? It would need a fair sized pick-up or van. Two speakers 180# each. It's a long shot I know
  7. Swilton

TAD-150 Help with Tube Selection

I have a TAD-150 preamp. Works well and I generally like the sound, but it's slightly on the bright and fatiguing side. I've heard a Cary SLP-90, and I liked it much better. It's darker, richer, fuller, and more bass. Can I improve the TAD with some tube rolling? Does anybody have any...
  8. Swilton

Customs when buying from Canada

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm looking at buying a used McIntosh amp from a private party in Canada. Do I have to pay any duties or import fees when shipping to the U.S.? Does the amp have to go through customs? Any insight would be appreciated. Swilton
  9. Swilton

Snow & the Sansui G-9000

Bought this from Snow a couple of weeks ago: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=569547 Following lots of anticipation, it arrived yesterday. Let me just say that Snow did a great job of packing and shipping! I've wanted a G-9000 for awhile, and had hoped to find one...
  10. Swilton

SX-1250 Transformer, ATT-267

Are these transformers repairable? I can hear arcing/sizzling inside mine--like the insulation might be burned off between adjacent windings. I pulled it apart, but it's potted inside. Not sure where to go from here. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for the help!
  11. Swilton

Help! How Can I Use Multiple Receivers?

Maybe this has been addressed before, but if so, I haven't found the thread. I'm hoping somebody can help out. I've got a master plan to set up 5 different vintage stereo receivers/amps in my living room (Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony, Sansui, and Marantz). Then I want to be able to use any one...
Back
Top Bottom