Search results

1. N

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Dec 20, 2012
  2. N

is my cartridge too close to the record?

thanks everyone!
  3. N

yeah, i've looked at about every v15 pic i can fine, it seems to be about spot on. i was also incorrect about adjusting the tonearm height... only the cue height can be adjusted
  4. N

thanks all for the replies! it is! it's a dual 701. does it look like it needs to be lowered? 1.2g as far as my blind eyes can tell, it looks pretty good. no spacer. it's V15 LM so it just pops into the sled
  5. N

hey all! i recently got a shure v15 III LM to pair with my 701. i also got a new jico sas stylus to go along with it and was putting it to the test tonight. i balanced the tonearm and set the tracking force but it seems like the cartridge might be pretty close? not sure if this looks normal but...
  6. N

Dual 701 TURNTABLE Ground issue...

thank you for the reply! so i've gone through everything i can find online and i still don't know what's going on. i tried swapping out the sled with a new cartridge, replacing the RCAs, and going over everything with a fine toothed comb. replacing the RCAs seems to have helped a little bit but...
  7. N

Sony PS-X800 linear tracker

he is but he's super busy. i reached out to him a week or two ago and told me to check again with him in 3 months. here's his webstore: https://www.webstore.com/store,pgr,225332,user_id,shop
  8. N

Sony PS-X800 linear tracker

i just got a minty PS-X555ES that had a very similar issue and plan on sending mine to Professor in Florida. One thing to make ABSOLUTELY sure on these is the turntable is level.
  9. N

Dual 701 TURNTABLE Ground issue...

so, i know this thread is old but i'm experiencing the same exact issue with my Dual 701... although, the hum does not go away when starting to play. i'm assuming mine just be a bad RCA cable because when I touch the metal part of the connector, the hum gets louder. I was also told my cartridge...
  10. N

Sony PS-X555ES - Dead lamp

another issue popped up and it's not auto-returning either... if anyone has an idea, would be greatly appreciated
  11. N

Sony PS-X555ES - Dead lamp

hey all, i recently bought a PS-X555ES that's in pretty solid condition. The only issue with it i've seen so far is that the lamp in the back won't turn on. Has anyone ever replaced this and is there a direct replacement available? if not, is there a mod to put something else in. Thanks!
  12. N

ARLO Audio LP static eliminator

https://www.arloaudio.com/product/lp-static-eliminator/ Has anyone tried this? I'm having a horrible time with static (even after cleaning) with my records in my apartment. Zerostat seems to have mild success.
  13. N

dynavector 10X5 vs 20X2

I've been running a Denon DL-110 on my PS-X600 which I like OKAY. One thing i noticed is it tends to really bring out surface noise on my records. I used to have a 20X2H which I absolutely loved but sold along with everything else when I lost my job a few years ago. I'm thinking about selling...
  14. N

$100 USD Record Cleaning Machine by Canfab3D

thank you!
  15. N

I was looking for this the other day... where'd you get yours from? i looked on amazon but it looks like it's the old brush. i was also thinking about getting a mapleshade static draining brush with a ground.
  16. N

hey ron! hope you're doing well... i'm getting myself in trouble again with records :) I just got village green preservation today and cleaned it... sounded horrible and then i looked at it under the light and it was scratched to hell. are new pressings just terrible?
  17. N

one last thing i thought of and it's probably dumb... is there like a "waiting" period between cleaning a record and when you should play it? i remember someone told me to wait like 15 minutes but i wasn't sure why
  18. N

it's a similar setup but that might be what it is... the big difference was I went from a Dynavector 20X2 to a Denon DL-110.
  19. N

i actually just purchased a zero stat and i feel like it's helped. i also just might be overly anal about the noise but i remember when I used to do this with my VPI a few years ago, I seemed to have better results.
  20. N

i have my mix in a squeeze bottle, similar to this: i spin the record slowly and put enough on to cover the record. similar to how the guy that makes the squeaky clean does it in his video.
  21. N

hey all... sorry to resurrect a somewhat old thread... i just got my squeaky clean and can't seem to get this down so wanted to get some pointers. i got a gallon distilled water from Whole Foods and put about 10 drops of TergiKleen in it. Here's my process.. dust record off with a brush i...
  22. N

Klipsch CF3 V2

I definitely prefer these over my 30's already. My 30's have all the Crites upgrades but don't sound as detailed (especially when it comes to music). I think I'd prefer the 30's in a home theater setup where as the CF-3's sound more musical. They're cherry and near perfect (minus a small...
  23. N

Klipsch CF3 V2

Thanks for the reply! I went and picked them up. As soon as he started playing them, I had to have them. Looks like my KLF's will be going up soon. Thanks!
  24. N

Klipsch CF3 V2

**EDIT, I CAN'T READ, THEY'RE V3** Hey gang, I have an opportunity get a pair of CF3 v3 for a pretty good price. I was always told that the V1 would be the version to get for the wiring and longer ports. Would the V3 be just as good? I currently have a pair of KLF-30s I love but have always...
Back
Top Bottom