Search results

1. 4

? instead of uploaded pics

Because your doing something wrong, I'v seen this a bit. The image tool in the tool bar of the comment box is for a image that already has a host address, like fliker and photo bucket. If you copy (ULR) and past that in the box and embed it it will post right. If you copy and past some other...
  2. 4

Anyone else not seeing their grandchildren?

This thread is nice, and just as normal life moves on, some die and some start a new life. Congrats to the new additions to the family you all.
  3. 4

For those who use upper midrange/high end carts - do cheaper carts still have their place for you?

I'v had and have many nice table, never liked the Well Temper tables and their is lots of good tables in this area. None of them are the end all and they may have a look, sound and or functions one likes or needs. I didn't say the table play a little roll, it plays the least, that doesn't mean...
  4. 4

Best bang for the buck Phono Pre amp for MM

I would ditch the 2M cartridge and spend the money your planing on for something like a Sumiko EVO III.
  5. 4

For those who use upper midrange/high end carts - do cheaper carts still have their place for you?

My personal opinion the table has the least amount of input, but on the table is the platter and mat that is the biggest factor in SQ from a table. As far as arms and cartridges, I look at them separately, maybe because it's been so long using tables with fixed arms. anyway, way off topic here...
  6. 4

You know my tables are nice, and of course we can select better and better arms and cartridges for them. Five or six years ago and even earlier, they where still pretty expensive to buy used. However what people don't know is between the over inflated price today of "Vintage" Japanese/ German...
  7. 4

Conversely, a cartridge change is still the bang for the buck, it's just you had already done it with decent tables you maxed them out. Your only other movement up was, is tables and arms, and now cartridges again. It all matters, but if I have a $500 table with a $100 cartridge, buying a...
  8. 4

Reading your post I'm seeing a slim budget with your equipment or at least your choices of equipment and amount of. Read visman post #3 and think about it, are you anywhere near that? even his Thorens TD126III ? Do you want to go there? know how to get there? When some of us build a nice system...
  9. 4

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

So yesterday at the record store, the owner had some things in my box in the back room. He put this jacket aside for me and it's in great shape like it was never really warn at all. He said it was a promo item and or for the bands association, gifts to the crew as well as the band...so froth. I...
  10. 4

Newbie looking for advice

Agreed, I was taking a lot of time posting and you got yours out first. But there is far to many tables out there, to not take a look at all options. BTW, I know many like to buy new so they have a warranty. While not the case with everyone, I'v never bought a used table that didn't work right...
  11. 4

Newbie looking for advice

Interesting, three recommendations for a turntable nobody has, and the company goofed off for years bringing it to market after saying they would be. And now a UTurn, haven't see a UTurn I'd buy with a $1000 budget. The OP would be better staying pat than getting one, they are pretty cheaply...
  12. 4

IMF RSPM Mk IV Owners/Info Thread

Don't have much time to post right now, here's my pair. This is a mint pair as far as most of it goes, the finish, grills, caps all replaces and the drivers worked and some replaced. Bought them off another AKer and that where getting help and documented the work in the long IMF thread...
  13. 4

Hey JBL fans what are these?

They are home made, and don't have the right crossover for the drivers, it should be a N2500. Now this doesn't mean they don't sound good or being sold at a supper deal, and or with few 100 more be turned into a better speaker. If they are asking 1000s for these walk away
  14. 4

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

:jump: Take care of yourself my friend, will hold the fort till you get back here mended.
  15. 4

I Grossly Underpowered my Speakers . . .

To much power can blow a driver is the main point. To Small of a Amp You drivers can get to much power when the amp clips and starts to fail, sending a blast of power to the drivers. This is can happen without warning in a nano second, and generally takes out HF tweeters. To Big of a Amp You...
  16. 4

Just saw the amps I sold locally up on Eprey and am a bit bothered.

You could by them all back, when you get them, open a not as described claim, then negotiate to save him from having to eat all the shipping and starting to go in the hole.
  17. 4

Old McIntosh remote for $200?

$100, it's not in the best looking condition though, I'm hoping the scratches in between the buttons is the plastic protection tape. You know the clear stuff you pull off of new things. The photo and lighting they have on it really makes these stand out.
  18. 4

:banana: Thanks for getting me to look on eBay, there is finally one for my C100
  19. 4

The remote for my C100 has a bit of a problem with the volume button not being sensitive enough and responding good. I'd pay $200 to get a new one that worked prefect. It's to bad I sold my extra C100 with a remote and then started to get this issue with the one I kept. I'm sure it could be...
  20. 4

Inky Black

As I said on page one inky black playback is the records and cartridges as that's the start of quality sounding playback. While you need a really nice tables and other supporting factors this is the first mechanical interface. If your having problems with hums, rumbles and other noises well...
  21. 4

Well actually, 9 times out of ten every time I'v changed to more power than the speaker needs on a matchup, from lower, the speakers performed and sounded better at all volume levels. Go figure, most notable in the low frequency, as that driver likes good clean power delivered. If the amp is...
  22. 4

The problem for them not me, is they may not know their missing some music, they just think that's the sound of the system or mastering. I'v already said and we should all know, clipping starts out slowly, just hitting the very top transient peaks in the music one may or may not hear. Then as...
  23. 4

Correct, I agree Agree here also, I'd rather give the signal the best possible chance to come out the speakers cleanly. Clipping starts before we even start really hearing it, but the sound quality is diminishing as soon as it starts to happen. Well as I just stated above, it doesn't even have...
  24. 4

My choice is to not listen to clipped music while I'm listening to music. My choice is to have the power not to clip, and not have a amp fail, seems prudent to me.
Back
Top Bottom