Search results

1. R

Tube hobby?

Looked through several older threads on tube amp kits. I'm retired now and always wanted to try a tube amp so, I'd like to start at some point building one. Several of the kits look daunting and some the Chinese ones are in Chinese! is there anything out there that is cheap for a beginner? I...
  2. R

Very confused. Desktop system upgrade

haven't posted in a while so here I go. Rebuilding my office desktop audio on a very tight budget ($450 tops). Currently have a cheap Monoprice Unity 100W amp and some old Infinity RS2000's (which I re-foamed a couple of years ago). I recently bought a Douk Audio mini amp ST-01-PRO which sounds...
  3. R

Pre-pro and integrated amp

Hello Tried to find some clear answers to this question but the responses got me more confused. OK, so here is what I want to do: current setup a NAD 375BEE integrated driving rear speaker and Parasound 2250v2 amp driving front towers connected to the NAD via pre-outs. This set up is used...
  4. R

Speaker advice

Somewhat new here, but just finding my way around... So my question is: looking at upgrading my floor standing speakers. Currently using Polk RTi 12's and ceiling Polk 90-RT's with NAD C375BEEDAC(150W/channel) Mostly music from my computer via NAD DAC2 and also from Sonos connect via optical...
  5. R

power amps and price

Ok, so I am confused: Why is a Crown XLS 1502 rated at 300W/channel so much less expensive than say... NAD C275BEE or Parasound 2250 or Halo A21? Is there that much of difference in sound quality? I see reviews of the Crown and seem to be very positive... Looking at more powerful amp for music...
  6. R

Home wiring for multiple speakers

Searched for answers in the speakers forum but no luck. House is prewired for 3 zones, each zone is supposed to have wires that will terminate in the basement and each zone has ceiling junction boxes for future pair of speakers. Zone 1 has two conductor wires in each JB for each speaker R & L...
  7. R

Newbie guide for buying used Hi-FI equipment

Ok, So I see all these comments about buying used... so a dumb question here: how do you buy used? how do you know it performs? do you have a technician that you trust to check it out before you buy? I just have no idea how to go about buying used, especially EBAY stuff (all sales final; no...
  8. R

Which integrated amp?

Upgrading from a Onkyo A-9050. Looking at Cambridge Audio Azur 851A; Peachtree audio Nova 220SE; NAD C 375BEE with DAC. Reviews seems to be similar. One concern with Peachtree Audio Nova is that it does not have tone controls. Any thoughts? all are actually below my budget ( I had about not...
  9. R

Newbie, need advice

Hello… newbie here… need suggestions. Been away from audio market for a loooong time (Carver MXR150 receiver and Polk floor speakers). Now looking for new integrated amp for my living area to be used mainly for occasional music listening of rock, classical, jazz, alternative.; NO MOVIES...
Back
Top Bottom