Search results

1. F

RS 2.5 toe-in and side wall distance

I did get in touch with Graz, thanks much pauljh!
  2. F

Also...looking for someone who understands the crossover schematic for the 2.5s...specifically the Watkins woofer part...I don't have the 2.5/4.5 crossover module, so I want to use a MiniDSP to separate the low and high frequencies and need to know which crossover components I can eliminate.
  3. F

Yes, I've seen the Cardas room layout...thanks!
  4. F

Hello! I have a pair of the classic RS 2.5 speakers, and am creating a dedicated listening room with home-made room treatments. For those of you who have or have had the RS 2.5s, I'd like to know how you set them up in your rooms...amount of toe-in, distance from side and fronr walls, diffusion...
  5. F

Watkins woofer white paper

I asked Mr. Watkins these exact questions. Here are his responses from a back-and-forth email. My question: Do you have Thiele/Small parameters for your new 12” Watkins woofers? Do you have a suggested sealed box size for them? I measured the internal volume of my Infinity 2.5’s to be about...
  6. F

Individual efficiencies for RS 2.5 drivers

Good question. It appears that Infinity didn't list it on the 2.5 spec sheet, or the brochure.
  7. F

RS 2.5 room size and listening distance

Thanks, tubed! I also was thinking the larger room with 1.5 to 2 feet off the side walls (7.5 to 8 feet separation), and 4 to 5 feet off front wall. One other thing I wanted to ask...since the mids and highs on these speakers are dipole, does anyone use room treatment on the side walls? In...
  8. F

RS 2.5 room size and listening distance

I have two choices for a dedicated stereo room for my RS 2.5 speakers. Both are smaller than I would like, but the smaller room lends itself better for placement of room treatments. The smaller room is 11' wide by 13.42' long by 8' high. The larger room is 11.5' wide by 16.17' long by 8' high...
  9. F

Individual efficiencies for RS 2.5 drivers

I found out from Bill Watkins that the efficiency of the 12" Watkins woofer in the RS 2.5 is 87db. Can anyone tell me what the individual efficiencies are for the EMIMs and EMITs? Thanks much!
  10. F

EMIM and EMIT from RS 2.5/4.5 compared to modern planars

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the information! I'm still curious as to how the Bohlender Graebener units might sound with these speakers, but doesn't seem that anyone has heard them compared to the Infinity EMIMs.
  11. F

Jim, could you give me a link or an email to inquire about the Graz replacement diaphragms? And exactly how expensive is "expensive"? In your opinion, did the cost justify the results? Thanks!
  12. F

Thanks, Jim! "rsb1" has also mentioned the Graz diaphragm replacements for the EMIMs, and that it is a definite improvement...but, as you also said, not cheap!
  13. F

Since the EMIM and EMIT drivers that were used in the classic Infinity speakers (specifically the RS 2.5 and 4.5) aren't becoming any more plentiful, has anyone ever tried modern planars in their classic Infinity speakers, such as maybe the Bohlender Graebener mid-ranges and tweeters that you...
  14. F

RS 2.5 driver efficiencies

Link to an excellent article that I just read online: http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php/features-menu/general-interest-interviews-menu/343-active-loudspeaker-systems-on-the-rise-peter-roth-talks-with-andy-payor-laurence-dickie-and-richard-vandersteen
  15. F

Oh...and you never gave your thoughts on time alignment...mainly physical alignment of the drivers. I know that isn't an issue if one decides to use an active crossover. Also, could you please rate the various incarnations of the EMIT tweeters...including the ones in the 2.5's, the EMIT-R, the...
  16. F

Thanks...should be fun to play around with this...will keep in touch for sure! Thanks for all the great feedback and ideas. I'd like to keep all the drivers Infinity if I can.
  17. F

I was actually considering around 160 to 800 or 900, so we are close there in our thinking. Any suggestions as to what would be an excellent mid-bass speaker to use? I've been looking on both the Parts Express and Madisound websites. What about a pair of 6.5" IMG woofers from a pair of Kappa...
  18. F

You actually have me intrigued with the 6" mid-bass driver between the Watkins and the EMIM...but I'd also hate to lose too much frequency range from the EMIMs. How low can the EMIMs effectively go? In your opinion, would the new black Watkins woofers fully bridge the gap to the EMIMs that you...
  19. F

BTW, just ordered that SMD IM-SG meter...looks like it can do a lot of nice things...should come in very handy.
  20. F

How did you fit that 6" Dynaudio driver? What about my thoughts of just splitting the two EMIMs into an upper and lower mid-range...about 2 octaves for each, crossed over about 1250? That thought really intrigues me. Unless you are thinking that the EMIM is better in the upper mid-range than...
  21. F

What about physical and/or electrical time alignment? Also, regarding the 2.5's...what about using one EMIM as a low mid-range, and the other as a high-mid-range...basically a 4-way...this is one possibility that I've envisioned. Believe it or not, I myself thought that the 2.5's with the...
  22. F

Cool...and thanks for the VERY detailed drawing of the angles! Why is it that the RS 2.5's need the acoustic damping material around the EMIMs and EMITs, but the RS 2b's can get away without it? Because of the narrow face and swept wings on the 2b's? I'm considering trying to come up with...
  23. F

Thanks! And again, thanks for all your input! What is the minimum equipment I would need to take the proper speaker measurements?
  24. F

Okay...maybe what I should have asked is what test equipment is necessary, at the minimum to take the necessary measurements? Also, and good reading to learn what I need to know about the interaction of crossover components? Also...and this might seem like a strange question...but can you tell...
  25. F

Any suggestions on some worthwhile software that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I've already downloaded TrueRTA, but not sure that is extensive enough.
Back
Top Bottom