Search results

1. C

Copper thickness of PCBs

Pcbs homebrew I order pcb blanks from abcfab on Ebay. They have many different sizes and copper thicknesses. On your question about copper thickness. I would also use 4oz. where higher amperage is needed. However I have found, on DIY boards, I have been better off with 2oz. On 4oz. using...
  2. C

Muse model one hundred.

I have a pdf Have a pdf with schematic and parts list. Grainy but usable http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=438640
  3. C

Obsolete Semi's you wish were still abundant

Too many to list Some of the Sony dual fets. HITACHI/RENASAS LATERAL MOSFETS Kenwood power modules. On the earlier MPSUs ON semi has some that work real well. MJE15034/35(TO220) for MPSU10/60. (hey is there a code to the colored stripes on the back of Motorola MPSUs?) Got mine from...
  4. C

MDO or HDO?

I have used MDO in different ways Mdo is waterproof only to a point. The adhesives used are waterproof, but the wood can absorb water. Ends have to be sealed. I have never seen it delaminate. Construction industry uses it to apply exterior sheathing where a smooth surface is needed. It...
  5. C

Perreaux 5000B

There are most likely a lot of eyes on this post But there are not many Perreaux that pass through. There are many of us who love amps using Hitachi Mosfets. You know the ones using 2SK/2SJ 170/49 176/56 and so on. But just not that many Perreaux. Having a (stash) would be the right way to...
  6. C

Crown com tech 810 amp?

Sorry That I posted my early responses before reading the specs of this amp I was unaware that this amp was capable of different input options. I made an incorrect assumption that this amp carried close specs of an amp with 1/4 inch balanced or TRS. I attached the pdf to help him decide...
  7. C

Crown com tech 810 amp?

I would use it When used correctly these amps are almost bullet proof. Have seen a lot of these used to extend juke box systems. The speaker settings are not that bad to work with. Keep in mine they can put out around 300 watts at 8 ohms per channel. You don't need pip cards if you don't intend...
  8. C

Crown com tech 810 amp?

Pa equipment That amp won't work well with consumer level equipment. You will need a Pro Audio mixer/preamp with balanced output (line level). You will also need to make or splice a cable to connect to the inputs of the amp. You could cut an RCA cable to work, but consumer level preamps...
  9. C

Muse model one hundred.

Not much more I can help with. If you can hunt around try to find a service manual or schematics for your amp.I can only imagine that they changed a lot of what was made from 1984 - 1992. It took a lot of time to find out SCS information let alone schematics/manual. Most of the material I have...
  10. C

Peavey CS-800 Issues

Ok Like the suggested pull the driver boards and check for tarnished connectors. Have a close look at the 4 pin output/supply connector. Most likely sees a lot of heat. Look at the solder joints at all of the connector pins. While you got them out start checking for open resistors. You may...
  11. C

Peavey CS-800 Issues

Some things to think about When the speakers were connected, did you get the bright dbt with any input? If you were connecting the PA speaker with moderate input, you would get a fairly bright bulb. With the input levels down? Have you checked offset? Was there any low frequency hum...
  12. C

Muse model one hundred.

The Exicons were used I have a service manual for the A series amps 2150, 2350, 2450 and 2600. They show the Exicons used but in only the later boards and only with boards made to work with the Exicons. The Hitachis are very rare now. But if the driver boards are taken care of they almost...
  13. C

What Amplifier/Receiver has the biggest caps you ever saw?

It is PA but big from a SCS 2450A sorry I don't know how to upload a pic that has already been uploaded. 4 beer can size and the 2600 has a higher voltage rating
  14. C

Muse model one hundred.

Don't know the variants, however Muse electronics makes high end equipment now. The 100 was there first consumer level offering. MUSE Electronics of Garden Grove California. Muse is what was left over from SCS Sound Code Systems. SCS was almost limited to the PA Pro audio Market. The...
  15. C

Kenwood kr6030 problem. help a newbie plz!

Yes inside that box is where you'll see the burnt contacts Also, if the contacts are badly burnt and you can't find a replacement, you can install a on/off switch into one of the other holes. (the phones hole) There are many push button type switches that will fit the hole and take the...
  16. C

Just when you think you've seen it all.

Some other ideas By changing the size of the hole, or even the depth. Spray some undercoating on it and make a closed chamber for an open speaker. Keep the depth shallow (thicker mass) some foam on top for a T/T mount. Or use it as a mold for concrete. Spray PAM for poly urethane foam. Take...
  17. C

Just when you think you've seen it all.

Hmmm Man the bearings on that squirrel cage in my head are smoking now. Iv'e been pondering taking a woofer, with about a 1.5-2.0 inch voice coil (to use motor assm.) remove the cone, cut down the basket, glue a dome to a small extension to the voice coil cylinder and surround the same size as...
  18. C

Desoldering problem with vintage Pioneer recap project

Butane iron wick or vacuum pump Iv'e had success with butane type irons that use heat instead of flame. The kind you start with a flame, let go the trigger, than a catalyst type ceramic chamber keeps the butane lit. The best one Iv'e used was a Blue point(Snap On) Some of the better...
  19. C

Need some advice on a wedding problem!

Been there Last November, I was the sound reinforcement to my own wedding. Or rather my re-wedding. Re upped our commitment after 30 years. I was using a PA SCS 2600a, 300w 8ohm, with self made speakers,(each had 2 Eminence Delta15a, 1 Morel CAM55, 2 Peerless Tweeters) most likely could take...
  20. C

Is this a stupid idea?

Checked the specs on the 890 First SWEEEEET. Even has a SCSI connector for SCSI external hard drive. Can you edit the samples used by MIDI? Soundfonts? It is a pro audio level input. Balanced. ring/tip/sleeve My optical in/outs on my 410 would mate right up to that. If your computer has...
  21. C

Is this a stupid idea?

PA and consumer level Your Roland is most likely a Pa(pro audio) level recorder. Your Mac is a consumer level device. I run Pa type amps from a computer to a external box(M-audio firewire 410)then to a Behringer mixer. Most of the small inexpensive ($59.00) mixers will have 2 balanced/TRS mic...
  22. C

Anybody using a Kenwood KR-6030 receiver?

Have had one since about 1987 Got it cheaply when everyone else was going to the digital/display pll controlled tuners. Has always been my old reliable. Besides the power switch problem and the FM only in mono. Went to remove the tuner string reel to start testing for the FM problem and lost...
  23. C

V ger 1: 16 hours, 38 minutes

Contact I remember watching this Carl Sagan book turned into film about 15 years ago. At the end of the movie, it confused me, how many didn't get it and thought that the movie sucked. I still watch and enjoy it. Besides the possibility of other life that it centers around, Sagan also shows us...
  24. C

Our computer turned 10 years old this month...help

CoCo Wasn't that Tandy's first introduction into Co lor Co mputer. 320x240 CGA at about 37hz interlaced. My eyes hurt thinking about it.
  25. C

Our computer turned 10 years old this month...help

My first? PC? A Heath Zeenith Z100 8mhz 8086 Ziglog chipset 10meg Seagate full height hard drive(sounded like a Pratt and Whitney starting up). Winchester MFM. Anybody still remember when you had to park them before shutting down? 5 1/4 360k floppy 648k memory Old Speery green monitor...
Back
Top Bottom