Search results

1. D

Favorite USB cables?

Don't worry, I'm sticking with the Curious USB cable. It's just that I've only recently started comparing USB cables, that's why I was "curious"... and in Belgium there's no way to "try before you buy", not with cables or speakers or anything in Hi-Fi. The Curious USB cable is my first purchase...
  2. D

Favorite USB cables?

How does the Neutral USB Passion cable compare with the Curious USB cable? I have the Curious USB cable and it's excellent, in combination with the Hegel HD30 DAC, it's very analog sounding. Thanks, Didge
  3. D

Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2

I liked them a lot. They're easy to listen to, nice tweeter, not too bright, excellent midrange and good bass for their size. They had a very wide soundstage, I thought. I listened to them on a Rotel RA-1570 and a Marantz PM-6004 (shop's choice). I wouldn't go with either of those amplifiers but...
  4. D

Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2

Ok. I was talking about European prices, where I paid 450 Euros for the Quads in High Gloss and the 685 S2 are 650 Euros here.
  5. D

Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2

Thank you. I have read that review and I have had those Quad 11L Classic for 2 years now and still like them. They're in my partner's office now. The B&Ws are a bit more expensive, that's why I was wondering if they were better. Now I know. I've only heard the new B&W CM6 S2, which are in...
  6. D

Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2

In what way are the B&W 685 S2's better than the Quads 11L Classic in your opinion?
  7. D

Harbeth C7ES-3

Congratulations on your Harbeths C7ES-3! I heard the SHL5s once at a dealer and liked them. Are they the SE = “35th Anniversary”, as here in Europe we can choose between the normal version or SE version (more expensive)?
  8. D

Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2

In what way? I wonder what the Spendor D7 sounds like.
  9. D

Article: The Best Compact Speakers

AE speakers I'm still waiting for the AE 301 and I need to arrange the center speaker better (new TV rack to come probably).
  10. D

Article: The Best Compact Speakers

Well, I happen to have bought the AE 305 recently for 2-channel music listening in my living room (replacing the Epos Epic 5= relentless in your face, in my opinion) and they're surprisingly good and even better for the money! I combine them with the AE301 and 307 center for home cinema...
  11. D

speaker shoot-out scheduled...

Oh, OK. And it seems the same happens in Europe with Canadian or American audio import, unfortunately.
  12. D

speaker shoot-out scheduled...

Congratulations on your new speakers! Price-wise here in Europe the Goldenear Triton 2 are about double the price of the Focal Aria 926. So, your conclusion also says a lot in favour of the Focals. In the same price bracket as the Focals 926 are the Goldenear Triton Seven here.
  13. D

New speakers (Seeking advice and guidance)

Did you go and listen to them? What did you think of them?
  14. D

Creation of a music lounge

Thanks for sharing your new system and your thoughts on different components. I happen to have a Jungson JA-88D (09), which you used to have, and I was wondering if it would be a good match with the Focal Aria 926? I'm going to audition them but I can't take the Jungson, so your experience is...
  15. D

Introducing the Spendor A6R

I was wondering how you get the tweeters at ear level as the speakers aren't very tall and sitting on a desk chair normally means you sit higher than the speakers' tweeters. That's my problem sometimes. Are the Spendors A6R forward sounding, neutral or on the warm side or not? Thanks for any...
  16. D

Changing it Up! Part Deux

If I remember well, Marantz M-CR603, so not the best source obviously. And one of the bigger modern Marantz amps but I can't remember the model. I used to have KEF speakers and these LS50 do sound heaps better, not the typical KEF sound. They wowed me when I first listened to them, but I'm...
  17. D

I listened to them as well but they didn't convince me for long-term non-fatiguing listening. They were kind of brighter sounding than what I like; they were paired with a Marantz amp though.
  18. D

Another suggestion, which seems to get very good reviews and I'm going to listen to it soon : Revel Performa 3 M105. See: http://www.witchdoctor.co.nz/index.php/2013/04/revel-performa-3-m105-standmount-loudspeakers-review/ Apparently, Mission SX2 is a worthy alternative to KEF LS50, see...
  19. D

Quad 11L Classic

I've been listening to my Quads 11L Classic connected to a NAD C375BEE in my study for the past 2,5 months and they're just fabulous to listen to, they sound much bigger and no listening fatigue at all. I find them a lot better than the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 I have in my home cinema setup...
  20. D

Quad 11L Classic

I live in Belgium but couldn't find the Quad 11Ls anywhere, so I bought them online in a UK shop, without having to pay extra for the gloss and it's really beautifully done.
  21. D

Quad 11L Classic

Well, I'm planning on buying the Atacama Nexus 7i stands. But for the moment this will have to do.
  22. D

Quad 11L Classic

Picture Quad 11L Classic - Piano Cherry Here's a picture. My stands are about 60 cm high and for the tweeter to be at ear level (70cm as I sit in my desk chair) I put some Auralex isolation pads under it and angled the speaker. Does anyone have any idea if these Auralex pads are OK? I haven't...
  23. D

Quad 11L Classic

I've just received the Quad 11L Classic in Piano Cherry and have been playing them for about 20 hours. They're opening up quite nicely and I love them. At the moment I'm driving them with a NAD C326BEE but that one is meant for the Epos Epic 5, so I was wondering if the Rega Brio-R would be a...
  24. D

Quad 11L Classic

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm new. I've just started getting into music more seriously and came across your review of the Quad 11L Classic, as I'm interested in a warmer but detailed speaker. My room is 14 by 14ft. For the living room I've just bought the Epos Epic 5 with NAD C326BEE after...
  25. D

Quad 11L Classic

I know the thread dates from a while back but I'm interested in the Quad 11L or 12L Classic. In Europe the Quad 12L Classic are about 1/3 more expensive than the Quad 11L. Do you think that they are worth it? My room is about 14'by 14' and I'm worried that the Quad 11L are a bit too small for my...
Back
Top Bottom